• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

There was a global prayer against atheism

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
...apparently. Held on the 12th, three days ago.

Anyone notice the end of their atheism?
Or the end of their:
Skepticism?
Desire to science?
Accepting of evolution?
Rejection of Trump?

I actually experienced a surge in my atheism that day. Someone asked me why I didn't believe in god and I replied because no one can tell me where gods come from. I was really just stirring the pot but still got no answer.

Ummm.... Wouldn't god's intervention sort of go against everybody's free will?

A reality check that tells us how people are hopelessly emerged in religion unable to see anything else.

I wear garlic around my neck. It supposed to ward off the evil religious vibes.

Ummm.... Wouldn't god's intervention sort of go against everybody's free will?
That 'free will' thing only matters when we discuss The Problem Of Evil. Doesn't apply to anyone who rejects a believer's testimony...

Wow, didn't know there was a 'Global Prayer against atheism' untill I saw the OP. I'm quite intrigued to see any videos of how the prayers were said with each preacher or pastor (for my own personal curiosity) - And of course, to see of any people who claim those prayers worked for them.

Did something happen recently? The other day I started feeling drawn to believe a story about the magical birth of a half-god and its magical fake death, and believing that the fake death had some kind of meaning to me personally and all the stuff I've ever done wrong is forgiven because of this magical fake death. It seems I no longer wear the cloak of atheism, which blinds me to the truth and which I now see was bestowed on me by another demigod with hooves and horns, who I now also seem to believe in and who is evil and is engaged in an eternal, supernatural war with the magical death demigod who is good.

Wow, didn't know there was a 'Global Prayer against atheism' untill I saw the OP. I'm quite intrigued to see any videos of how the prayers were said with each preacher or pastor (for my own personal curiosity) - And of course, to see of any people who claim those prayers worked for them.

No, Learner, Please, do not research this.
It's not what you're thinking of/hoping for.
The organizer called someone a douchebag in the parallel running chat,, and blamed international time zones for why atheism still exists (like saying you can't pray around corners or something like that).

I imagine anyone who says it changed them is either lying (for Jesus) or taking the piss (lying, but for the funs).

Did something happen recently? The other day I started feeling drawn to believe a story about the magical birth of a half-god and its magical fake death, and believing that the fake death had some kind of meaning to me personally and all the stuff I've ever done wrong is forgiven because of this magical fake death. It seems I no longer wear the cloak of atheism, which blinds me to the truth and which I now see was bestowed on me by another demigod with hooves and horns, who I now also seem to believe in and who is evil and is engaged in an eternal, supernatural war with the magical death demigod who is good.

Thanks for sharing your testimony.

No, Learner, Please, do not research this.
It's not what you're thinking of/hoping for.
The organizer called someone a douchebag in the parallel running chat,, and blamed international time zones for why atheism still exists (like saying you can't pray around corners or something like that).

I only want to see who or which church is aligning with other church e.g. prosperity churches and evanglicals etc..

(Not sure yet what's invovled, but you're right though, I do have a prefered 'hoping for' if I'm being honest)

I imagine anyone who says it changed them is either lying (for Jesus) or taking the piss (lying, but for the funs)

All the same, if this was the case for some claims. That would be interesting too, relating to your OP.

I only want to see who or which church is aligning with other church e.g. prosperity churches and evanglicals etc..
No, you do not.
It was not an effort to network churches, congregations, or assemblies. It was a guy calling on God for global personality shifts.
(Not sure yet what's invovled, but you're right though, I do have a prefered 'hoping for' if I'm being honest)
I know you do. Cherish that thought, do not look into THIS nutburger's efforts.
I imagine anyone who says it changed them is either lying (for Jesus) or taking the piss (lying, but for the funs)
All the same, if this was the case for some claims. That would be interesting too, relating to your OP.
No, this is about two steps up from the guy on the sidewalk screaming at the passing cars to prepare for the Second Coming at 1730 hours, Next Tuesday.

Thanks for sharing your testimony.

You're welcome! :rofl:

No, you do not.
It was not an effort to network churches, congregations, or assemblies. It was a guy calling on God for global personality shifts.

Cheers for that. I didn't know it was a guy calling on God for the global prayers assembly. That was the interesting bit, who started it. The network church research is now not neccessary.

No, this is about two steps up from the guy on the sidewalk screaming at the passing cars to prepare for the Second Coming at 1730 hours, Next Tuesday.

OK, but as you asked in the OP, we can at least still hear from those who have had experiences as Angry FLoof has kindly shared with us.

Last edited:
No, you do not.
It was not an effort to network churches, congregations, or assemblies. It was a guy calling on God for global personality shifts. I know you do. Cherish that thought, do not look into THIS nutburger's efforts.
Cheers for that. I didn't know it was a guy calling on God for the global prayers assembly. That was the interesting bit, who started it. The network church research is now not neccessary.
OK, but as you asked in the OP, we can at least still hear from those who have had experiences as Angry Aloof has kindly shared with us.
Aloof? You need to read her name a bit more closely....

And...fuck it. I tried.

Apologies AF for the mistake. I know Angry Floof the poster. Have no idea how, or why I posted aloof. :confused:

Well spotted.

No, you do not.

OK, but as you asked in the OP, we can at least still hear from those who have had experiences as Angry FLoof has kindly shared with us.

I too had some kind of mystical experience. It went something like this:

You get a shiver in the dark
It's a raining in the park but meantime-
South of the river you stop and you hold everything
A band is blowing Dixie, double four time
You feel alright when you hear the music ring

Well now you step inside but you don't see too many faces
Coming in out of the rain they hear the jazz go down
Competition in other places
Uh but the horns they blowin' that sound
Way on down south
Way on down south
London town

Could it have had anything to do with the global prayer?

I guess the question i'm really asking, what would 'the end of atheism' actually look like?

I mean, even when i believed i had questions and didn't accept 'how dare you ask!' as an answer. So i don't see the newly-theistic me latching onto an authority figure to tell me what i think about abortion, climate change, Evolutionary theory, immigration, Trump, Dr. Seuss, Critical Race Theory, and the Second Amendment.

Even when i believed, it wasn't my place to tell others what THEY believed. The guy up in the pulpit told me my best friends were not getting into Heaven, but i never told them how they were wrong in their Catholicism, their Coca-Cola, their other heresies.

Which raises the question, if God did take away my atheism, would He direct me, like Joseph Smith, to the ONE religion that gets it right? Even if i have to make it from scratch? Or would it still be a holy mess of choices? "Okay, so NOT atheism.... That's one down, 7,000 left to suss out."

Back
Top Bottom