• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Toronto and children?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
My summer trip is likely to include a day detour to Toronto and I was trying to find things to do there. I've been to Toronto, so have a very mild familiarity with it. Part of our party was likely to go to Casa Loma and a shoe museum, both of which me and daughter will have little interest. So I was looking up things to do. Exhibition Place looks barren when we are there, I think the Indycar race might be getting set up then. There are no sport events to get cheap seats for a walk-in watch a bit until daughter gets bored and walk-out option. Legoland is like 70 to 80 minutes on the trains/bus away. My daughter really isn't too much into sports, so the Hockey Hall of Fame is out too. Anyone have any suggestions, other than the Aquarium, which feels silly to visit.

We'll be doing the CN Tower and Toronto Island (at least the Ferry) afterward. So we have that.

Most people take their kids to the Aquarium, C.N. Tower, and ROM (Royal Ontario Museum). It sounds like your daughter would take to the ROM which is good for kids. I haven't been to the Aquarium but people like it. You said your daughter isn't into sports, but Jays games are affordable and fun.

If you're only there for a day, the ROM might be the place to go. It's been my experience that Toronto Island is more depressing than enjoyable (way too dense with people desperate for green space), but your daughter might like it given it's the summer.

Most people take their kids to the Aquarium, C.N. Tower, and ROM (Royal Ontario Museum). It sounds like your daughter would take to the ROM which is good for kids. I haven't been to the Aquarium but people like it. You said your daughter isn't into sports, but Jays games are affordable and fun.
Yeah, but the Jays, Argos, Toronto FC, all out of town. And it'll be too early for Raptors or Leafs.
If you're only there for a day, the ROM might be the place to go. It's been my experience that Toronto Island is more depressing than enjoyable (way too dense with people desperate for green space), but your daughter might like it given it's the summer.
Toronto Island, due to time constraints, will more likely be for the Ferry ride and view of the city. I'll look in to the ROM. Thanks.

Yeah, but the Jays, Argos, Toronto FC, all out of town. And it'll be too early for Raptors or Leafs.
Toronto Island, due to time constraints, will more likely be for the Ferry ride and view of the city. I'll look in to the ROM. Thanks.

I don't remember the ferry right being overly pleasant, but it's been years. The view of the city is nice, though. It would definitely be a good place for her to stretch her legs a bit.

20230804_130451.jpg

ROM had an incredible evolution exhibit. And the T-Rex exhibit was very good too.

Back
Top Bottom