• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump 2024?

A bumper sticker I see now and then: GOD GUNS AND TRUMP. (As opposed to, I guess, GOD GUNS TRUMP AND COLLEGE DIPLOMA.)
All the poor, ignorant, little, angry, magatard fucks that have been cheated out of their acres and acres of diamonds. The way they get even is to shit their pants. Such maturity.

From Faux Noise:

EXCLUSIVE: Former President Trump, teasing his plans for 2024, told Fox News that the country is "getting to a point where we really have no choice" but for him to run for president again.
In an exclusive interview with Fox News Digital, the former president was asked about his plans for a potential White House bid in 2024.

From Faux Noise:

EXCLUSIVE: Former President Trump, teasing his plans for 2024, told Fox News that the country is "getting to a point where we really have no choice" but for him to run for president again.
In an exclusive interview with Fox News Digital, the former president was asked about his plans for a potential White House bid in 2024.
His ego really cannot handle another loss.
But his bank accounts cannot handle an end to the campaign contributions.

Such a dilemma. Have to keep all the balls in the air, but not too high....

2024 United States presidential election - Trump is still the favorite among Republicans. In his absence, however, Ron DeSantis and Mike Pence are neck-and-neck as the favorites. Then Don Trump Jr., then Ted Cruz, then various others, like Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio, and Mitt Romney.

As of this month, these people have expressed interest: Chris Christie (NJ Gov), Ted Cruz (Sen TX), Matt Gaetz (Rep FL), Adam Kinzinger (Rep IL), Francis X. Suarez (Mayor of Miami), and Donald Trump himself

These people are speculated about: Greg Abbott (TX Gov), Ron DeSantis (FL Gov, Rep FL), Geoff Duncan (GA Lt Gov), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Rep GA), Nikki Haley (Amb to UN, SC Gov), Mike Pence (VP, IN Gov, Rep IN), Chris Sununu (NH Gov), Donald Trump Jr. (businessman, oldest son of DT), Glenn Youngkin (VA Gov-elect)

These people declined to be candidates: Tucker Carlson (talk-show host), Liz Cheney (Rep US, daughter of VP Dick Cheney), Dan Crenshaw (Rep TX), Joni Ernst (Sen IA), Josh Hawley (Sen MO), Kristi Noem (SD Gov, Rep SD), Dan Patrick (TX Lt Gov), Mike Pompeo (Sec'y of State, Dir CIA, Rep KS), Paul Ryan (Rep WI), Tim Scott (Sen SC, Rep SC, SC State Rep), Ivanka Trump (businesswoman, oldest daughter of DT), Scott Walker (WI Gov)

Here's an odd one: Tulsi Gabbard. She was Rep for HI-02 and her govtrack.us ideology scores for recent years are (2020) 0.35 (2018) 0.34 (2016) 0.43 (2014) 0.41

Political positions of Tulsi Gabbard

In 2016, she resigned from the Democratic National Committee to support Bernie Sanders: Tulsi Gabbard: Why I'm Endorsing Bernie Sanders for President - YouTube

Tulsi Gabbard 2020 presidential campaign

In recent years, she has taken center-left or left-wing positions, like supporting Medicare for All, free public colleges, financial regulation like Dodd-Frank and a revival of Glass-Steagall, decriminalization of marijuana, universal background checks for gun possession and an assault-rifle ban, renewable energy, and sympathy for AOC's Green New Deal.

Yet in the impeachment vote of late 2019, she voted "Present", taking neither side. She explained her position as agreeing with most other Democrats that Trump did wrong, but that she didn't want to be involved in a partisan squabble.

That struck me as a dumb position, because it meant that Republicans could veto action against Trump by taking his side. I must say II like AOC's criticizing her for being a fence-sitter.

In her 2020 campaign, it seemed like her main campaign issue was ending the wars.

But from back in 2019, when TG met Syrian leader Bashar Assad. Tulsi Gabbard is not the pro-peace presidential candidate we want | US Elections 2020 | Al Jazeera - "Gabbard’s record on Syria, though it may appear as ‘pro-peace’ on the surface, actually aligns with regime propaganda."

But more recently, she's stated positions a lot at odds with these positions. Tulsi Gabbard Tells Democratic Leaders to Stop Dividing Americans 'by the Color of Our Skin'
She recently appeared on Sean Hannity's show in Fox News, and she retweeted a bit of her appearance there.
Tulsi Gabbard 🌺 on Twitter: "MSM and Dem leaders need to stop calling millions of Americans dogs (only dogs respond to “dog whistles”). Stop trying to divide us by the color of our skin. End your open-border policy. Treat us all with the respect we deserve as Americans & God’s children. (vid link)" / Twitter
She attacked the "arrogance" of "elite" Democrats.
Gabbard told Hannity she sees "continued disrespect of the American people" from Democratic leaders. The former congresswoman said that "we don't have leaders who actually respect the American people." She said that they are not listening to "what parents are concerned about."

Tulsi Gabbard Calls Glenn Youngkin's Virginia Win a 'Victory for All Americans'
Former Democratic congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard has praised Republican Glenn Youngkin's gubernatorial election victory in Virginia following his education-heavy campaign policies as a victory "for all Americans".

In a tweet on Wednesday, Gabbard, a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, suggested the results in Virginia could have a positive knock on effect for the rest of the country, appearing to cite McAuliffe's refusal to be drawn into the debate around critical race theory as a factor for his defeat.

"McAuliffe's loss is a victory for all Americans. Why? Because it was a resounding rejection of efforts to divide us by race, the stripping of parental rights, and arrogant, deaf leaders. This benefits us all," Gabbard tweeted.
Swallowing whole a lot of right-wing rhetoric. Terry McAuliffe wasn't some evil left-wing ogre but a wimpy centrist who said some ham-handed things and who seemed to think that not being Trump was enough.

Tulsi Gabbard 🌺 on Twitter: "Government is already too big and powerful as it is. The Build Back Better bill will only make it worse. (vid link)" / Twitter
From her appearance in Sean Hannity's show.
And here's the reality with the bill that they're continuing to push forward, is that our government is too powerful and too big, even as it is and this bill is only going to make matters worse. The provisions in this bill are so vague that really, it's going to be unelected bureaucrats who end up decided how these provisions are implemented and no accountability. And really, it'll empower them to be able to stick their noses into every aspect of our lives. Furthering this cradle-to-grave mentality of government dependence that makes us lose even more of our autonomy as we are paying for it. As government gets bigger, our wallets are getting smaller.
I love it when right-wingers sound like anarchists.

Tulsi Gabbard accuses Joe Biden of 'tearing our country apart' | Washington Examiner
"You know, I’ve considered Joe Biden a friend for many years, and I’ve been disheartened to see the direction that he’s taken in this administration, that is undermining the fundamental principles of our country, that is actually tearing our country apart, rather than working to bring us together to find our way forward and have respectful dialogue, even as we may have disagreements or differences on different issues, but come together as Americans treating each other with respect," she said.

She also decried the congressional infrastructure bill, Build Back Better, and its relation to the supply chain crisis.

"Their answer to this crisis that everyday Americans are facing across the country is to pass this massive, multitrillion-dollar bill, but the reality is that this bill is only going to make the problem worse," she said on Fox News. "Our government is already too powerful, it is already too bloated, and what this bill is going to do is make inflation worse. It's going to increase the national debt. It's going to make things harder for small businesses, and ultimately it's going to make people more dependent on a government that already is encroaching too much in almost every part of our lives."

"Unaccountable bureaucrats" are being "more empowered to put their noses into" the public's private lives, she added.
More anarchist rhetoric.

Tulsi Gabbard: Islamist jihadists are continuing to wage war against us | Fox News
She appeared on Tucker Carlson's show and defended some drone strikes that killed civilians.
TULSI GABBARD: This kind of accountability is critical. I want to point out first that any time there are civilian casualties in war, it is tragic and terrible. War is a terrible thing and I think it’s important for the American people to understand that Islamist jihadists are continuing to wage war against us and the Islamist ideology—not the same as the religion of Islam—but this Islamist ideology, which is the political ideology that inspired the terrorist attacks on our country on 9/11, is the greatest threat that we’re facing right now in this country in the world. It is the foundation of governance of so-called Islamic countries like Turkey and Iran and Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, and it’s what’s behind the discriminatory policies that they have in these countries against Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists, and others.

So, as long as these Islamic jihadists are waging war against us, we have to work to defeat them militarily and ideologically. And militarily, we have two choices in how we do that. Number One: We can continue to invade and occupy in nation-building countries around the world—just as we did in Afghanistan at great cost. Number Two: we can take a targeted approach using airstrikes, using our special forces to go in and go after these terror cells. The reality is that the cost—the cost of the American people, the cost to our troops, the cost to civilians will be far less if we take this very targeted approach to go after these jihadist terrorist cells that if we continue making the very same mistakes that we saw in Afghanistan and other parts of the world of invasion, occupation and nation-building.
So she's not in favor of ending all wars, just big ones like regime-change ones.

So is Tulsi Gabbard hoping to run as a Republican?

Commentator Sam Seder seems to think so. He called her denunciations of government "Reaganism", and he compared her to fellow commentator Dave Rubin. DR was on The Young Turks some years back, but he left and gradually drifted rightward.

He or someone else also called her a neocon ("neo-conservative") because of her foreign policy.

Ryan Grim made those points in an episode of "Rising".

Trump's ire grows as DeSantis' popularity with Republicans takes off - CNNPolitics
In a matter of months, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has gone from being a shining example in Donald Trump's eyes of a MAGA leader molded in his image to an average politician who forgot his roots as he rose to Republican stardom.

People close to both men first noticed the palpable shift in Trump's posture toward DeSantis earlier this year as enthusiasm for the Florida governor swelled among donors and GOP operatives who praised his laissez-faire response to the Covid-19 pandemic. The more DeSantis' popularity soared, the more obsessed Trump became with receiving credit for his political celebrity.
Still a big baby.
In April, Trump had told Fox News that DeSantis would "certainly" be under consideration for the VP slot if he were to launch a third presidential campaign in 2024. By October, the former President was demanding that he publicly rule out a White House bid of his own.

"It's not that Trump is complaining about Ron... but he likes to remind Ron and others that he made him," said a person close to the former President, who added that Trump has been telling people around him that DeSantis could show more gratitude. Politico first reported the tension in their relationship last Friday.
So Mike Pence may not want to be VP again?

Ryan Grim made those points in an episode of "Rising".

Trump's ire grows as DeSantis' popularity with Republicans takes off - CNNPolitics
In a matter of months, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has gone from being a shining example in Donald Trump's eyes of a MAGA leader molded in his image to an average politician who forgot his roots as he rose to Republican stardom.

People close to both men first noticed the palpable shift in Trump's posture toward DeSantis earlier this year as enthusiasm for the Florida governor swelled among donors and GOP operatives who praised his laissez-faire response to the Covid-19 pandemic. The more DeSantis' popularity soared, the more obsessed Trump became with receiving credit for his political celebrity.
Still a big baby.
In April, Trump had told Fox News that DeSantis would "certainly" be under consideration for the VP slot if he were to launch a third presidential campaign in 2024. By October, the former President was demanding that he publicly rule out a White House bid of his own.

"It's not that Trump is complaining about Ron... but he likes to remind Ron and others that he made him," said a person close to the former President, who added that Trump has been telling people around him that DeSantis could show more gratitude. Politico first reported the tension in their relationship last Friday.
So Mike Pence may not want to be VP again?

I find it highly unlikely that Pence would want the position again, or that Donald would offer it to him after the events of 1/6... so who would be a suitable candidate?

DeSantis isn't really a fitting minion -- he wants to be the next Donald, and putting them on the same ticket would cause an ego-singularity which might implode the universe.

Nunes just resigned from Congress to work for Donald's media company -- he's a proper bootlicker.

Following is fashioned from lpetrich's posts.
  • Trump is still the favorite among Republicans. In his absence, however,
  • Ron DeSantis and
  • Mike Pence are neck-and-neck as the favorites. Then
  • Don Trump Jr., then
  • Ted Cruz, then various others, like
  • Nikki Haley,
  • Marco Rubio, and
  • Mitt Romney.
  • ...(*) Here's an odd one: Tulsi Gabbard. In 2016, she resigned from the Democratic National Committee to support Bernie Sander

What a List. I've taken the liberty of painting the "candidates" different colors.
I use Red to denote typical contemptible not-very-bright right-wingers.
Yellowish orange is reserved for those unusually foul and disgusting, even among the Red group
Romney who tried to live up to his reputation as the Republican willing to follow GOP ideals like Nixon and Reagan but is now just another card-carrying Trumpist.. (Other GOPsters have abandoned Reagan for Alex Jones, Q, or that guy in the Viking suit desecrating Pelosi's office.
And only in post-rational America would Tulsi Gabbard, lurching from Sanders to Sean Hannity or whoever-the-hell, be thought of as a serious candidate .
I've left Ms. Haley in the default font color. She is surely the least disgusting of any shown. And — I write this in an especially small font so the enemy doesn't see it — would probably be the QOPster with the best electoral chance.

I hope Trump runs in 2024.

It will be a gift for the democrats.

:)
Probably. But there will be millions still saying "I know he's too old now to grab pu*sy but you gotta love that locker talk!"

Trump whines about Ron DeSantis to Mar-A-Lago guests -- who think he’s trying to scare governor out of 2024 race: report - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
The twice-impeached one-term president has complained to members and guests that DeSantis, who's seeking re-election as Florida governor, has not publicly said he would not seek the 2024 Republican presidential nomination if Trump decides to run, reported Politico's Playbook.

"One guest suspects that Trump's gripes are so frequent because he is planting them in hopes that they'll get back to DeSantis," the website reports. "Trump has told his advisers that DeSantis privately assured him that he won't run if Trump does, but that's not enough for the former president — he wants DeSantis to say it in public."

Trump is apparently so bitter that he has suggested that DeSantis could lose to his Democratic challenger Charlie Crist, whom he calls a "killer."
Shows that Trump has a lot to fear from RDS.

2024 United States presidential election

Trump 50%, RDS 15%, Mike Pence 8%, all the others only a few %.

But without Trump, RDS and MP are neck-and-neck at 20%, Don Jr. at 14%, Ted Cruz at 10%, Nikki Haley at 5%, Mitt Romney at 4%, Marco Rubio at 3%, and others at less.

It's too soon for betting markets to provide useful information, but just for fun I checked at Betfair.

Mike Pompeo, Tucker Carlson, Tom Cotton, Kristi Noem are names not shown upthread who are attracting significant betting interest in the GOP nomination market. Ivanka Trump is shown as much likelier than Junior to win the nomination.

Odds implied (based on bookable Lay bets) for November 2024 winner are
21% Trump
16% Biden
11% Harris
10% DeSantis
4% Haley
4% Pence
3% Buttigieg
After these top 7, there are several names shown with a 1% chance to be next President. In addition to Pompeo, Carlson and Noem, these include Elizabeth Warren, Dwayne Johnson and Michelle Obama.

The GOP is only 20% to beat the D's in the popular vote, but 51% to win the electoral college. (D's are 45.5%, the remaining 3.5% is for 3rd party.)

(But be aware that betting markets exaggerate the chances of long-shots. Academic papers have a suggested correction formula, but it is quite severe.)

Michael Cohen has been saying that Trump won't run because he can't stand taking a chance that he might lose again. I don't think he will run because he's very lazy and he now realizes that being president is a very difficult job. My guess is that he will support some other horrible person, and have lots of rallies for that person so he can continue to be in the spotlight. That is assuming he's still alive and not in court fighting criminal charges. I wish the media would stop giving him so much attention.

Betfair and MyBookie mostly do sports betting.

MyBookie odds convention: positive value is how much one gets back if one bets 100, while negative value is how much one has to bet to get back 100.

Thus, under "Midterms", it has a bet on whether Liz Cheney will get re-elected: No -600, Yes +300

Estimated probability of losing: 600/(100+600) = 6/7. Estimated probability of winning: 100/(100+300) = 1/4. Sum = 1 3/28 > 1, because the bets include the house's take or vig.

For Liz Cheney running for President in 2024, Yes -150, No +110.

Michael Cohen has been saying that Trump won't run because he can't stand taking a chance that he might lose again. I don't think he will run because he's very lazy and he now realizes that being president is a very difficult job. My guess is that he will support some other horrible person, and have lots of rallies for that person so he can continue to be in the spotlight. That is assuming he's still alive and not in court fighting criminal charges. I wish the media would stop giving him so much attention.

No argument really, but I don’t think the difficulty of the job of President will weigh into the decision, since he never did it.

A difficult job?? He didn't do it, how would he even know?

Back
Top Bottom