• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump is a Russian proxy

SigmatheZeta

Basic Beliefs
Generally, I am rooted in both ancient Epicurean and ancient Pyrrhonist sentiments, although I am somewhat sympathetic toward the intentions behind ancient Cynicism.
Others may feel free to furnish this thread with hard evidence, but for me, it is really intuitive. Any evidence shown for it, from my perspective, would be post-hoc, delivered after I had already gotten convinced of it by a more instinctive sense of revulsion. The puke that comes up in my throat has the same flavor, regardless of which one I am forced to think about, and that is the only way that I can describe it.

I have been reminded of this feeling after talking with a friend of mind that has been seduced by Trumpism, and he also espouses strong anti-Ukrainian sentments. He attempted to attract me into joining a group that exists primarily as a source of Russian propaganda. I declined because I cannot be bothered to create an alt just in order to see what is going on in a shadowy propaganda network.

My friend is parroting the line, *fans herself mawkishly* "Oh, dear, I hope it will be over quickly before too many people get hurt!" and claims that Ukraine is "getting steamrolled." He basically takes the defeat of Ukraine as a foregone conclusion, even though western intelligence operatives have actually determined that Russia's entire scheme would be a self-defeating joke without the propaganda networks that are out there stoking defeatist sentiments. Furthermore, he mocks Zelensky and accuses Zelensky of being at fault for "poking a bear," ignoring the fact that it was Russia that repeatedly rigged elections in Ukraine in order to get their increasingly abusive mouthpiece into power.

The fact that my friend is also still convinced of false "election fraud" claims (and is an anti-vaxxer) is too much of a coincidence for me to really distance myself from the association. Yes, I know that correlation and causation are not the same thing, but it's a double-correlation. It is this weird association combined with the same flavor of puke coming up in my throat when I think of either.

This guy can also be very "yer da" about the fact that I am transgender.

Trump is a Russian proxy, and I think he ought to be thrown into the Atlantic ocean and made to swim home to Mother Russia with a Black Hawk helicopter following him and occasionally firing a volley of shots into the water behind him anytime he slows down. That's just my opinion.

It's not paranoid if Trump really is on the Kremlin's payroll.

If anybody has any real evidence, either way, on this topic, then I am glad to hear it. Evidence against, though, would not change the flavor of the puke.

What was your first clue?
BTW, you need new “friends”.

FNf-RZpUUAU5Ci3

What prominent democrat today is advocating for WW3? Or, let's make it even simpler for you to prove your point: which political is for making Ukraine a no-fly zone (which could easily start WW3).
But...but...but: meme?!?!!
Yup, that's your problem right there - the world is awash with simpletons, some of whom (like Trump) are able to get into positions of power and authority.

Simpletons are easily swayed by propaganda. A couple of pictures, ideally showing a strongly emotional facial expression, or an image of sex or violence, and fewer than two dozen words (because reading is for losers, just like thinking), are all that is required to get a complete understanding of any issue, no matter how complex or nuanced.

People who ask you to put in effort and actually think about stuff are never going to be as popular as people who just provide you with a cartoonish direct emotional stimulus.

And popularity is the exact same thing as truth. This is, after all, a democracy.

The TDS is strong in this one.
Trausti already provided a neat example of cartoonish simpletonism, but yes, you are right, we forgot to include abbreviations designed to evoke comparison between rational thought and disease.

Disease, particularly mental illness, evokes a very strong emotional response, and should be included along with sex and violence as a central element of simpletonism.

It's very kind of you two to come along with such excellent examples of the kind of propaganda that sways idiots into acting against their own best interests.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this too played a part in causing Trump to betray his country to Russia. Though I suspect he's more of a pictures kind of guy; Pseudo-medical abbreviations are likely a bit too intellectual for him.

I do not think Mr. Trump is a Russian proxy. Mr. Trump is an ignorant autocrat who admire other autocrats. Mr. Trump talks tough but only acts against those he thinks are significantly weaker than himself.

Trausti already provided a neat example of cartoonish simpletonism, but yes, you are right, we forgot to include abbreviations designed to evoke comparison between rational thought and disease.

Disease, particularly mental illness, evokes a very strong emotional response, and should be included along with sex and violence as a central element of simpletonism.

It's very kind of you two to come along with such excellent examples of the kind of propaganda that sways idiots into acting against their own best interests.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this too played a part in causing Trump to betray his country to Russia. Though I suspect he's more of a pictures kind of guy; Pseudo-medical abbreviations are likely a bit too intellectual for him.
I was quite honestly prepared to ignore Trump almost entirely until he slighted Ukraine in the middle of their hour of crisis. Not even all Republicans are that overtly evil, even though the gut reactions of some of them could spark off World War III. During 2018, I was primarily interested in state level politics, including the primaries. In 2020, the Democratic primary was far more interesting to me than looking at endless anti-Trump memes. This outrage was quite frankly the last straw.

He is a fucking Quisling.

I was quite honestly prepared to ignore Trump almost entirely until he slighted Ukraine in the middle of their hour of crisis. Not even all Republicans are that overtly evil, even though the gut reactions of some of them could spark off World War III. During 2018, I was primarily interested in state level politics, including the primaries. In 2020, the Democratic primary was far more interesting to me than looking at endless anti-Trump memes. This outrage was quite frankly the last straw.

Sure. But what else should we expect from a selfish dimwit?

The real problem is that he continues to have the support of other selfish dimwits, some of whom are happy to betray the principles upon which their country was founded in response to enemy propaganda; and some of whom are merely too stupid to understand that they are betraying those principles.

Trausti already provided a neat example of cartoonish simpletonism
This whole thread is an example of simpletonism (if that's a word). That the Hilary Clinton campaign made up the Russia collusion hoax is kinda established fact now. But we can trust the NPCs, like bilby, to reliably chant absurdities.

Yeah, okay. Here he is back in 2018 dressing down our NATO allies for failing to keep up their end of defense spending while sending money to Russia for oil. But if you watch MSNBC or CNN, you probably were unaware of this.

This whole thread is an example of simpletonism (if that's a word). That the Hilary Clinton campaign made up the Russia collusion hoax is kinda established fact now. But we can trust the NPCs, like bilby, to reliably chant absurdities.
Wow. Even for you.

Wow. Even for you.
Oh, fuck. You're still a believer, aren't you? Think that the DNC server was hacked. Alfa Bank. Bless your heart.

Wow. Even for you.
No. Just typical for him. Trausti has spewed this bullshit many many times before, and has been shown a plethora of evidence many many times before and will still say the exact same horseshit. I don't know whether someone has to be a lying cunt, a dumb cunt or a hyper partisan cunt to still believe in 2022 that Russia was just a hoax after all the guilty pleas, guilty verdicts, sentencing and asset forfeiture, but it is most definitely a bullshit take that has no basis in reality.

Wow. Even for you.
No. Just typical for him. Trausti has spewed this bullshit many many times before, and has been shown a plethora of evidence many many times before and will still say the exact same horseshit. I don't know whether someone has to be a lying cunt, a dumb cunt or a hyper partisan cunt to still believe in 2022 that Russia was just a hoax after all the guilty pleas, guilty verdicts, sentencing and asset forfeiture, but it is most definitely a bullshit take that has no basis in reality.
Dang, I really ain't paid all that much attention to all that. Is there anything that might lead to that motherfucker going to prison?

still believe in 2022 that Russia was just a hoax after all the guilty pleas, guilty verdicts, sentencing and asset forfeiture
Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Ya know despite all that there was no evidence of collusion between Russia and Trump. Nothing. That he surrounded himself with some bad apples who got into trouble for some other shit, so what?

Patooka - do you believe that the DNC server was hacked? Do believe that's what the evidenced showed?

Back
Top Bottom