• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump just won

Trausti, I know you can explain to me how Trump is for the USA and will bring jobs back to America when his own companies are overseas in China and Thailand?

Please explain that to me.

Corporate welfare.

So it's a matter of 'that's what I stand for but I don't have to do it myself'?

Isn't that what Republicans criticized about Gore?

I wonder how long it will be before Trump starts calling for an end to term limits.

Wait, wasn't one of Trump's ideas putting term limits on Congress and Senate members?

b75.gif

- - - Updated - - -

e72.jpg_large

The DNC lost this election to a circus clown because choosing a controversial candidate that so many people hate was a very bad play.

People want change. Hillary’s much too middle-of-the-road, and with no charisma at all, so a vote for Hillary was merely a vote for non-change. How inspiring is that? Not very.

So what? How can US citisens have become so dumb that they select a president on these premises? Anyone voting for Trump is a complete moron. How come that 50% of US are complete morons?

I dont but it.

Here from sweden it looks like US totally lost its mind...
Overreacting much?
Some did not vote for Trump, they voted against Hillary.

The US as a nation, society and an economy (the rich getting ever richer while the rest stagnate) must have reached a critically low level in order for voters to elect a buffoon for President in protest to the establishment (or to shake up the system) and what is perhaps seen as an elite ruling class.

The US as a nation, society and an economy (the rich getting ever richer while the rest stagnate) must have reached a critically low level in order for voters to elect a buffoon for President in protest to the establishment (or to shake up the system) and what is perhaps seen as an elite ruling class.

Isn't it just that Americans don't really understand why they're rich? Ie, USA has oil. And try to attribute it to some sort of American superiority? Like superiority of character, or something equally retarded?

Isn't it just that Americans don't really understand why they're rich? Ie, USA has oil. And try to attribute it to some sort of American superiority? Like superiority of character, or something equally retarded?

I was thinking more of the disparity of wealth between those at the top, the super rich, and working class within America. Especially the working poor, who work full time, long hours, yet need assistance just to make ends meet.

I was thinking more of the disparity of wealth between those at the top, the super rich, and working class within America. Especially the working poor, who work full time, long hours, yet need assistance just to make ends meet.

I mean that the poor think that those who are rich are rich because they worked hard for it. Rather than just being lucky. Why else would they look up to, and support billionaires? Trump is the embodiment of silver spoon success in spite of being utterly and completely incompetent.

I mean that the poor think that those who are rich are rich because they worked hard for it. Rather than just being lucky. Why else would they look up to, and support billionaires? Trump is the embodiment of silver spoon success in spite of being utterly and completely incompetent.

There is that illusion. What can you do? It's a powerful meme. Perhaps those who think that way will eventually see it for the nonsense it is.

There is that illusion. What can you do? It's a powerful meme. Perhaps those who think that way will eventually see it for the nonsense it is.

I don't think it's just a meme. I think it's just plain ignorance. It's common sense. Common sense usually just means applying norms. And norms are slow to change. So in practice common sense is applying obsolete models of understanding the world. Therefore the popularity of conservatism. The only solution is for people to challenge their preconceived notions. For people to go out of their way to be open to being wrong. We often know how often that happens, a couple of years in youth, and then stops.

No, we are a lot more retarded than that. You must be a moderate.

Amazing all the top celebrities are tweeting and protesting against Trump.

I'm starting to warm up to the new President.

Amazing all the top celebrities are tweeting and protesting against Trump.

Sounds pretty illogical to me but whatever...

Apologies, it was just an "underdog" thing , all branches of media doing what seem to me as the same thing as with our Corbyn in Uk. On top of that , I REALLY am not a fan of lady gaga ,K.perry , this unfortunately pushed me over the edge and made me post the previous above.

No offence intended.

Apologies, it was just an "underdog" thing , all branches of media doing what seem to me as the same thing as with our Corbyn in Uk. On top of that , I REALLY am not a fan of lady gaga ,K.perry , this unfortunately pushed me over the edge and made me post the previous above.

No offence intended.

I mean it's not really a matter of offense, I just don't understand what Katie P or Lady G could have possibly done that impacted you so much that you would get a positive opinion of someone on the merits of them not liking that person.

Sorry about that, I was really referring to the music rather than the indiviuals. Not a time to be funny.

Of course you are. Actually examining the guy's track record and assessing his mongrel-like personality traits is TOO HARD.

We don't indoctrinate our children to forego developing their own conscience in favor of adopting what we tell them to think just so they can go out and intelligently assess the character and views and history of a presidential candidate on their own!

But it's socially risky to express outright approval of Trump on this board. Few people have the vagina to do it with any strength of conviction. But hope is not lost! There are other, even lazier methods of feeling secure in your choice of candidate without expressing outright support, and a good example of that is checking what celebrities think. :)

The histrionics are fucking hilarious. Snowflakes on the 101 freeway, stomping their little feet and holding their breath until they get their way. I can't get enough of it. Every time they interview one of these planks they are like a deer caught in the headlight rambling incoherently.

Back
Top Bottom