• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Making It Clear

Koyaanisqatsi

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Spiritual atheist
So, yeah, this happened. The President of the United States just publicly declared that money matters more to him than human life. Enjoy your Thanksgiving celebration. Seems appropriate.

Statement from President Donald J. Trump on Standing with Saudi Arabia

America first!

After my heavily negotiated trip to Saudi Arabia last year, the Kingdom agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States. This is a record amount of money. It will create hundreds of thousands of jobs, tremendous economic development, and much additional wealth for the United States. Of the $450 billion, $110 billion will be spent on the purchase of military equipment from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and many other great U.S. defense contractors. If we foolishly cancel these contracts, Russia and China would be the enormous beneficiaries – and very happy to acquire all of this newfound business. It would be a wonderful gift to them directly from the United States!

The crime against Jamal Khashoggi was a terrible one, and one that our country does not condone. Indeed, we have taken strong action against those already known to have participated in the murder.

But, I mean, come on. $450 Billion dollars. I know what we are, I’m just negotiating the price. I’d kill and dismember a guy for $450 billion. I’d do it on 5th avenue and I wouldn’t lose any....oh, yeah, the House.

I mean, we kinda knew that. Trump values money (or the appearance of having money) above almost everything.

For me, the subtext is much more disturbing. Trump is - for lack of a better term - jealous of the power that his dictator besties have. The Crown Prince ordered the brutal murder of a journalist. Something I'm willing to bet Trump has fantasized about. He's knuckled under to Putin, who routinely has political opponents killed. He's declared his love for Kim Jong Un, who rounds up dissidents and puts them into camps where most of them will eventually die.

It isn't about the money. Trump - given his druthers - would emulate these behaviors. I have no doubt that at some point in the past few weeks, he privately confided to someone in his inner circle that he wished he could do to Jim Acosta what Saudi Arabia did to Khashoggi.

I mean, we kinda knew that.

Yeah, but “kinda” knowing something in a wink-wink, gee-aren’t-we-all-so-in-the-know-totes kinda kardashian way is not the same as the President of the United States officially declaring it for the entire world to see.

Yeah, but “kinda” knowing something in a wink-wink, gee-aren’t-we-all-so-in-the-know-totes kinda kardashian way is not the same as the President of the United States officially declaring it for the entire world to see.

But he also thinks we should be raking our forests like other countries so that they don't catch on fire and burn. We're not talking about an intelligent organism here.

But he also thinks we should be raking our forests like other countries so that they don't catch on fire and burn. We're not talking about an intelligent organism here.

This is why the internet sucks. It makes everything equal, when nothing is.

The reason this action is more devastating than anything else he has or will ever do is because it clearly and publcly states, “America will do nothing if you pay us enough money. We are for sale.”

As I’ve said many times previously (though admittedly not necessarily here, at sec cafe, but I think also here; memory fails me), Trump’s marching orders from Putin are to destroy America’s standing in the world and that Trump’s form of vulture capitalism (the building is built in order to go bankrupt; Trump profits off of the fire sale, not the building) is now, finally, writ large.

He is literally declaring a fire sale.

The reason this action is more devastating than anything else he has or will ever do is because it clearly and publcly states, “America will do nothing if you pay us enough money. We are for sale.”
Aside from the fact that the journalist that was murdered had a US passport and technically was a US citizen on paper, so therefore has earned our concern and protection, what is it America should be "doing"? More Colonial Imperialism?

Aside from the fact that the journalist that was murdered had a US passport and technically was a US citizen on paper, so therefore has earned our concern and protection, what is it America should be "doing"? More Colonial Imperialism?

Nah, we should be (are) helping Donald Trump line his pockets if he isn't in jail after his stint at playing pResident. What's our standing with the international community, our ideals and all that fluff, compared to the unequaled glory of helping Trump and his donors to raid the coffers of the United States?

The difference between Trump and his predecessors is that he's open and frank about the relationship. Every president since the 1970's (or 60's) has looked the other way to keep the relationship.

The difference between Trump and his predecessors is that he's open and frank about the relationship. Every president since the 1970's (or 60's) has looked the other way to keep the relationship.

Really? Can you name another time SA tortured and murdered a US journalist so we can make that comparison.

So, yeah, this happened. The President of the United States just publicly declared that money matters more to him than human life. Enjoy your Thanksgiving celebration. Seems appropriate.

Statement from President Donald J. Trump on Standing with Saudi Arabia

America first!

After my heavily negotiated trip to Saudi Arabia last year, the Kingdom agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States. This is a record amount of money. It will create hundreds of thousands of jobs, tremendous economic development, and much additional wealth for the United States. Of the $450 billion, $110 billion will be spent on the purchase of military equipment from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and many other great U.S. defense contractors. If we foolishly cancel these contracts, Russia and China would be the enormous beneficiaries – and very happy to acquire all of this newfound business. It would be a wonderful gift to them directly from the United States!

The crime against Jamal Khashoggi was a terrible one, and one that our country does not condone. Indeed, we have taken strong action against those already known to have participated in the murder.

But, I mean, come on. $450 Billion dollars. I know what we are, I’m just negotiating the price. I’d kill and dismember a guy for $450 billion. I’d do it on 5th avenue and I wouldn’t lose any....oh, yeah, the House.

It's not just Trump. Just look at all of the Christian leaders publicly defending Trump's support of Saudi Arabia.

Apparently, under Christian "morals," it's OK to support a regime that slowly dismembers journalists and slaughters Yemeni civilians by the busload as long as you make money from the deal. Christianity lacks the moral language to explain why it's wrong to profit from the slaughter of innocents.

From the OP

After my heavily negotiated trip to Saudi Arabia last year, the Kingdom agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States. This is a record amount of money.

Here is the choice:

Saudi Arabia's GDP is on 683 Billion, so Trump is telling us that Saudi Arabia is going to invest 65% of it's GDP in the US?

OR

Trump is just making things up.

From the OP

After my heavily negotiated trip to Saudi Arabia last year, the Kingdom agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States. This is a record amount of money.

Here is the choice:

Saudi Arabia's GDP is on 683 Billion, so Trump is telling us that Saudi Arabia is going to invest 65% of it's GDP in the US?

OR

Trump is just making things up.

I'll choose door number two.

So if Crown Prince Salman offered a space for Trump Tower Riyadh in exchange for Ivanka and $10 million, how much time would it take to broker the deal?

So if Crown Prince Salman offered a space for Trump Tower Riyadh in exchange for Ivanka and $10 million, how much time would it take to broker the deal?

He's in love with Ivanka, so likely no deal. Any of his sons and/or especially Melania and it would be a done deal before the pen hit the paper.

Back
Top Bottom