• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump says "TAKE THE LAND!"

Harry Bosch

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Trump has told his people that he wants them to steal people's private land, disregard environmental rules, and paint the fence black. And when the break the rules, he told them in advance that he will parden them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...b80018-c821-11e9-a4f3-c081a126de70_story.html

I'm just stunned that republicans are no longer the party of reining in government power abuses. I don't want to hear anymore republican bullshit that they honor private property rights. YOU DO NOT. You're hypocrites.

Oh yea, and it's incredibly wasteful. Painting the fence black alone will cost a million a mile!

Disgusting.

There's a pay wall to the article. But considering its the Washington Post it could easily be fake news.

There's a pay wall to the article. But considering its the Washington Post it could easily be fake news.
Seeing that the Trump Admin banned electronic devices in the White House, there be reason to suggest the sources are accurate.

From the article:
Trump conceded last year in an immigration meeting with lawmakers that a wall or barrier is not the most effective mechanism to curb illegal immigration, recognizing it would accomplish less than a major expansion of U.S. enforcement powers and deportation authority. But he told lawmakers that his supporters want a wall and that he has to deliver it.
So, it's not 'promises made, promises kept.'

It's 'promises made, promises hanging over his head like the Damocles mill stone...'

I could have sworn that somebody mentioned this last week in the president section, but I couldn't find it. Trump did say what the OP states, but then he and his advisers tried to back track and say, "just kidding". *sigh* Nothing that comes out of this assholes mouth even surprises me anymore.

I could have sworn that somebody mentioned this last week in the president section, but I couldn't find it. Trump did say what the OP states, but then he and his advisers tried to back track and say, "just kidding". *sigh* Nothing that comes out of this assholes mouth even surprises me anymore.
Well, yeah, because directing people to break the law and promising to cover for them is probably called 'conspiracy' in the lawbooks and the parts of the DOJ not currently appointed by Trump.
And if Trump is an accessory to crime, Pelosi is likely to take that ALL OUT of context. silly girl that she is...

These "just kidding" kind of responses feel to me of "*but not really, we said it, we meant it, but I guess we jumped the gun on being too blatant? We still mean it but SHHH."

It's like some piece of shit who makes a lynching joke about black people hanging from trees and then when someone objects it's all "I was just joking" instead of what they were clearly doing: signaling the other racists in the room and testing the waters.

These "just kidding" kind of responses feel to me of "*but not really, we said it, we meant it, but I guess we jumped the gun on being too blatant? We still mean it but SHHH."
Yeah, when I face a problem and throw out a violent suggestion (Just Nuke 'em.)(Worf grunts and sets his phaser to 'deep fat fry.')(time for a 549th-month abortion), I tend to offer a real suggestion after the laughter. Or after the long, uncomfortable silence, some rooms are tough rooms.

So in addition to 'just kidding' they should have said what the real solution was.

1. yes, Pres said 'just take the land, I will pardon you for breaking the law,' but then
2. It was made clear to everyone at the meeting that he was just kidding and then
3. It was decided that work would continue on the lands legally obtained while the fencing company rewrote the environmental laws and rammed them through while congress was in recess
4. And Homeland Security would find blackmail opportunities for holdouts.
5. Which was just kidding, of course, gosh, Mr. T was on quite a roll that day
6. So, no, really, it'll probably be executive orders. Lots of executive orders. But with smiley faces. Ha. And ha-ha.

Back
Top Bottom