• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trumponomics at work!

I like to hear nothing more than when the market drops 1,600... Wall Street says it is the automated and brainless trading algorithms behind it.

Invest your money into a system that can crash because of automated trading that can loop into a frenzy.

I like to hear nothing more than when the market drops 1,600... Wall Street says it is the automated and brainless trading algorithms behind it.

Invest your money into a system that can crash because of automated trading that can loop into a frenzy, or a brainless tweet from a fat orange moron.

FIFY. :D

I have a pile-o-cash right now, and it's not going anywhere near the markets as long as twitler has any influence - or while people believe he does.

Invest your money into a system that can crash because of automated trading that can loop into a frenzy.

Binyamin Appelbaum‏Verified account @BCAppelbaum 2h2 hours ago
Sad photo of Wall Street traders reacting as stock market plunges.

DVTJZ5UWkAEo5jo.jpg

Sweet. Good time to buy more.

I don't think that this is a short term issue. Instability at the top, over-heated market and higher interest rates = declining stock market = bye bye Trump.

Last edited:
Even if this is the largest percentage drop in the stock market, Hillary caused a bigger drop in raw numbers.

Dow Futures down 450. Nikkei and Hang Seng are down 4+ and 3+ percent at the moment.

How in the heck can the Government be at a $1 trillion deficit this year?

And read this article regarding how volatility trading could be causing volatility.

*edit to note that in the time to write the post, Dow Futures dropped 531*

Honestly, he's been in office around a year now. This is the transition period. Maybe this is some kind of correction that resulted from something Obama did? Who knows?

The problem of course is that Trump has been taking credit for the gains in the stock market for a long time before this. So either this dip in the stock market is his fault, or else he was lying all those other times before this when he claimed credit for the performance of the stock market.

Maybe this stock market decline is Trump's fault, and maybe it isn't. The important thing is that Trump supporters have put themselves in a box. If they insist that Trump was telling the truth all those times he took credit for the performance of the stock market, then they now have to blame Trump for this decline in the stock market. If they insist that this current decline in the stock market is not Trump's fault, then they just admitted that they and Trump were lying all those previous times they attributed rises in the stock market to Trump.

So no matter what answer conservolibertarians give, they reveal themselves to be full of shit, which is why they will probably use  special pleading fallacies to insist that the previous gains in the stock market are to be credited to Trump, but the current decline is to be attributed to Obama.

There is the deficit spending announcement of $1 trillion... despite a recession
There is the risk of inflation due to wage growth which means higher interest rates

Yup. Sean Hannity Found A Way To Blame Obama For The Stock Market Drop

On his Fox News radio show on Monday, Hannity said the market drop ― which at its worst saw the Dow industrials plunge by nearly 1,600 points and closing down 1,175 points for the day ― wasn’t the fault of President Donald Trump.

It’s his predecessor that’s to blame.

“Because the Obama economy was so weak all of these years, we had just artificially cheap money,” Hannity said, referring to a Fox News analysis he had seen on the cable network.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...stock-market-drop_us_5a791428e4b018ad894f229c

What a fucking pinhead :rolleyes: Does Trump know that Hannity just contradicted him?

Significant wage growth has caused worries about inflation. The Republicans may have gone too far with their tax breaks. This may overheat the economy and then we’re all just working to break even. Also, there is some concern about having a new Fed Chair. The market needs to get a feel for this guy.

I doubt the economy is overheating. The tax breaks went primarily to savers. Inflation requires spending.

Wages are up slightly, but that's long overdue.

The Fed was already set to increase rates this year, the only question is how many raises.

One of my favorite things about the stock market is how out of control it is. It is like the electrical grid... there is a science behind it, but some tree falls in NE Ohio and the power goes out across the NE United States. Of course, many tree limbs have taken out many lines without blacking out tens of millions of people, but the chance is there. The market went down up to 1597 points yesterday, and it isn't exactly clear why. There are reasons it can go down, but the psychology and automation of the market is almost a beast amongst itself.
Significant wage growth has caused worries about inflation. The Republicans may have gone too far with their tax breaks. This may overheat the economy and then we’re all just working to break even. Also, there is some concern about having a new Fed Chair. The market needs to get a feel for this guy.
I thought the new Fed guy was pretty much going to be like Yellen, raising rates slowly.

I doubt the economy is overheating. The tax breaks went primarily to savers. Inflation requires spending.

The Fed was already set to increase rates this year, the only question is how many raises.
Clearly the inflation is a serious threat and the market reacted to Paul Ryan's Tweet over the weekend parading an article about a woman getting an extra $1.50 a week thanks to the tax cut.

Clearly the inflation is a serious threat and the market reacted to Paul Ryan's Tweet over the weekend parading an article about a woman getting an extra $1.50 a week thanks to the tax cut.

The Fed's been missing its inflation targets for years. Maybe someone should get a medal.

The Fed's been missing its inflation targets for years. Maybe someone should get a medal.
That'd be Greenspan. Thanks to the deflation of the housing market, inflation disappeared... for a bit.

So WallStreet trading AI listened to Trump's speech and realized how stupid he is and decided to cash the hell out?

Back
Top Bottom