• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Manufacturing Council Falling Apart

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alliance-for-american-manufacturing-president-scott-paul-resigns-from-trumps-manufacturing-council/article/2631560

Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul became the fourth person this week to resign from President Trump's American Manufacturing Council.

No worries. If that council totally falls apart, cheato will use it to make points with his base. They'll eat it up, too. Can't you just see him:
"I've been saying all along that I'd go up against the Big Corporate Establishment, and now I'm doing it. NOBODY has ever been such a soldier against your oppressors as Donald J Trump."

The Latest: Fifth CEO resigns from Trump's jobs panel

The chief executive of 3M is resigning from the president's Manufacturing Jobs Initiative panel, saying it is no longer an effective forum for the company to advance its goals.

Inge Thulin's (ING'-geh Too-LEEN's) resignation is the fifth following President Donald Trump's comments after the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.

In a statement, Thulin says: "Sustainability, diversity and inclusion are my personal values and also fundamental to the 3M Vision. The past few months have provided me with an opportunity to reflect upon my commitment to these values."

And the panel promptly vanishes in a puff of covfefe...with the Campbell Soup CEO also quitting before being fired.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...us-2017-08-16?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts
President Donald Trump tweeted that he is disbanding a pair of advisory panels following the departure of more corporate leaders.
"Racism and murder are unequivocally reprehensible and are not morally equivalent to anything else that happened in Charlottesville," said Denise Morrison, the head of Campbell Soup, who became the 8th executive to announce in a statement that she was leaving the manufacturing council. "I believe the President should have been — and still needs to be — unambiguous on that point."

Finally someone who gets it. And it's mmm, mmm, good!

And the panel promptly vanishes in a puff of covfefe...with the Campbell Soup CEO also quitting before being fired.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...us-2017-08-16?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts
"Racism and murder are unequivocally reprehensible and are not morally equivalent to anything else that happened in Charlottesville," said Denise Morrison, the head of Campbell Soup, who became the 8th executive to announce in a statement that she was leaving the manufacturing council. "I believe the President should have been — and still needs to be — unambiguous on that point."

don't say that old Campbell Soup line. they were sued a couple of decades ago for their, "Soup is Good Food" tag line. apparently, the high sodium content in their products made THEIR soup less than "good food". They were forced to stop saying "Soup is good food"... cause' theirs wasn't. Wrong choice on their part, as they fell behind other manufacturers that released "low sodium" options... and Campbell was once again slow to respond to market demands... today, Campbell's market share is 30% lower, despite eventually providing a lower sodium option in their product line.

remember "The Wiz"... as in, "Nobody beats The wiz"? I think they are out of business, but before that, they were sued for their prices being to high to claim that "nobody beats the wiz". So, they changed their NAME from "The Wiz", to "The Nobody Beats The Wiz" as their full company name. Claims are not made in a trademarked name alone... so they avoided the whole thing.

OK, I'm rambling on... I guess my point is, "so fucking what, CEOs just do what's best for their companies profits - this isn't about ethics, it's about the bottom line their compensation is structured upon".

OK, I'm rambling on... I guess my point is, "so fucking what, CEOs just do what's best for their companies profits - this isn't about ethics, it's about the bottom line their compensation is structured upon".

The counterpoint is that Trump thinks he's a great businessman, and having Fortune 500 CEOs around him kissing his butt probably gives him wood. I want him to feel miserable every morning when he wakes up, and this helps.

don't say that old Campbell Soup line. they were sued a ...

Yada yada yada. It wasn't an endorsement. I make my own soup anyway. ;)

This (the bolded part) is the first time I've heard ANYONE state the issue so directly and concisely. Trying to divert attention to any other aspect trivializes what took place this past week as well as 150 years ago. As for the extent to which it reflects CEOs' attempts to save their bottom line, it kind of restores my faith a bit in capitalism. :thinking:

The counterpoint is that Trump thinks he's a great businessman, and having Fortune 500 CEOs around him kissing his butt probably gives him wood. I want him to feel miserable every morning when he wakes up, and this helps.
Well, I think this, once again, mainly emboldens him. He thrives on being counted out.

I suppose that'll be considered an accomplishment at 9 months.
They were holding me back.
Grandstanders! (said without an ounce of irony)
I can always replace them, I've got dozens of people interested in the job. Big names! Big companies! Fortune 500 people!

I can always replace them, I've got dozens of people interested in the job. Big names! Big companies! Fortune 500 people!

Hobby Lobby? Chick-fil-A? Alaska Airlines? Interstate Batteries? You GO, Cheato!

Hobby Lobby? Chick-fil-A? Alaska Airlines? Interstate Batteries? You GO, Cheato!
Slightly corrected: CoreCivic (formerly Corrections Corp. of America); Sturm, Ruger & Co; Frontier Resource Group; News Corporation; Raytheon; and of course Hobby Lobby ;)

Holding him back?

One of the people on the council said they had never even held a meeting. Trump got people to look like they supported him, then in his usual fashion abandoned them.

Holding him back?

One of the people on the council said they had never even held a meeting. Trump got people to look like they supported him, then in his usual fashion abandoned them.
Kind of like when he'd get his picture taken at a charity event, without ever having contributed?

Back
Top Bottom