• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Promise on Health Care

Ford

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Just don't knock on my door on a Saturday Morning
So some time within the next 48 hours, one of the many Trump promises on the table will be to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something that covers everyone, is cheaper, and will cure the common cold, cancer, and gayness.

Okay maybe all these things won't happen, but ruling out the last three and single payer/national healthcare, what is the realistic option that is left?

I'd image that it would be a good idea to examine health care systems in nations that have had universal health care for some time and implement whatever has been proven to work efficiently in these countries.

The obvious answer is a single payer system.

He's lying. Again.

In the interests of promoting unity within the Republican Party, Trump will repeal Obamacare and replace it with Romneycare. This is a cost effective solution since it really only involves changing the headers of a few documents.

Trump wants a plan that will cover everyone, but coverage won't be mandatory.
So some time within the next 48 hours, one of the many Trump promises on the table will be to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something that covers everyone, is cheaper, and will cure the common cold, cancer, and gayness.

Okay maybe all these things won't happen, but ruling out the last three and single payer/national healthcare, what is the realistic option that is left?
Duh... vouchers. Vouchers solve all problems.

The obvious answer is a single payer system.

Imagine the shock if he actually did push that through. Neither party would know how to react.
Especially because he can't push shit through Congress. The Republicans would have to support UHC because they'd have to not only vote for it, but put it on the docket to begin with! That isn't happening.

Gosh your observations seem to indicate that you have no idea how stuff happens in DC.

The Republicans have come up with many proposals that are of benefit to the insurance companies but hurt the consumer and none meaningfully address the problem of the uninsurable. I'm sure the "replacement" will be something of this sort.

The Republicans have come up with many proposals that are of benefit to the insurance companies but hurt the consumer and none meaningfully address the problem of the uninsurable. I'm sure the "replacement" will be something of this sort.
As far as I can tell, most of the proposals would put insurance companies at risk... as well as people. The only winners are people that get to say "Hooray, we killed Obamacare!" and that'd be the only benefit.

As far as I can tell, most of the proposals would put insurance companies at risk... as well as people. The only winners are people that get to say "Hooray, we killed Obamacare!" and that'd be the only benefit.

So I guess naming it "Obama Care PLUS" or "Obama Care v 2.0" would be out?

No, they'll just make the insurance companies not offer such plans at all.

Insurance companies need to know what they will have to provide. Without stability, their systems become more uncertain.

Insurance companies need to know what they will have to provide. Without stability, their systems become more uncertain.

Yeah, they need to know the situation. If they don't they won't offer a product. The ACA will be destroyed by a lack of offerings. The GOP gets what it wants without being blamed for it.

It seems like they want to repeal the mandate for coverage and all the tax increases in manufacturers and cadillac plans, but want to keep coverage for pre-existing conditions and coverage for kids through college.

Basically they are keeping all the good things and repealing all of the ways to pay for it. They don't want to make coverage unavailable, just unaffordable.

aa

It seems like they want to repeal the mandate for coverage and all the tax increases in manufacturers and cadillac plans, but want to keep coverage for pre-existing conditions and coverage for kids through college.

Basically they are keeping all the good things and repealing all of the ways to pay for it. They don't want to make coverage unavailable, just unaffordable.

aa
They just want to undo what Obama did. They don't actually give a fuck about much else.

Republican plans only involve 2 things.

Make rich people richer.

Screw over anyone who isn't rich.

Just watch. Don't listen, watch.

Back
Top Bottom