• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tucker Carlson's College Yearbook Says He Belonged to Club for Harvey Milk's Murderer

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
He also referenced the Jesse Helms Foundation, named for the staunchly anti-gay conservative senator
Fox News host Tucker Carlson identified himself as being part of the "Dan White Society" in his 1991 Trinity College yearbook entry. Dan White was the name of the man who killed San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk, California's first openly gay elected official, in 1978.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...vey-milk-s-murderer/ar-BB1fUdyf?ocid=msedgntp

There's a yearbook picture at the link.

Someday, 30 years after mass tragedy due to this man's future Presidency, the world will be watching a documentary on conservolibertarian Tucker Carlson's rise to power. This will be a small footnote in the documentary next to decades long appeals to killer conservatives and his plausible deniability.

He also referenced the Jesse Helms Foundation, named for the staunchly anti-gay conservative senator
Fox News host Tucker Carlson identified himself as being part of the "Dan White Society" in his 1991 Trinity College yearbook entry. Dan White was the name of the man who killed San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk, California's first openly gay elected official, in 1978.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...vey-milk-s-murderer/ar-BB1fUdyf?ocid=msedgntp

Someday, 30 years after mass tragedy due to this man's future Presidency, the world will be watching a documentary on conservolibertarian Tucker Carlson's rise to power. This will be a small footnote in the documentary next to decades long appeals to killer conservatives and his plausible deniability.

He's a piece of crap (both Helms and Carlson). But I take great satisfaction in knowing that they have lost most of the cultural wars that they believed in.

If it's accurate, that's pretty sick -- or, at the very least, insensitively juvenile as I was in my undergrad days. You have to wonder how Tuck would rant about a lib who had once belonged to the John Hinckley League.

Looks like a pretty typical teenage edgelord trolling joke we so often find in yearbooks. What a surprise that the club didn't actually exist, but it's only mention is his picture.

I certainly told worse jokes than this when I was a teenager. Lucky me we didn't have social media back then.

If we have a problem with this, what we're saying is that potential politicians have to have a history where they came out of the womb as mature adults and have never had a sense of humour, tasteless or otherwise. It's absurd impossible standards and not a world I want to live in.

I'm on Tucker Carlson's side here.

It seems Tucker had a sense something like this was going to happen:

[tweet]1384674717873934338[/tweet]

I would be too - if Tucker showed any indication, any indication of evolving beyond a privileged arrogant little turd of a privately shcooled trust fund baby. I also said some very cuntish stuff and acted like a tool when I was a teenager. The difference between me and Tucker is that I own my shit and have very different values today. That Tucker is the same now as he was thirty years ago is pretty telling.

And DrZoidberg, it appears Tucker Carlson is another piece of American culture that you are aware of but also largely largely ignorant about so I'll leave this here to help you out:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMGxxRRtmHc[/youtube]

Patooka said:

I would be too - if Tucker showed any indication, any indication of evolving beyond a privileged arrogant little turd of a privately shcooled trust fund baby. I also said some very cuntish stuff and acted like a tool when I was a teenager. The difference between me and Tucker is that I own my shit and have very different values today. That Tucker is the same now as he was thirty years ago is pretty telling.

And DrZoidberg, it appears Tucker Carlson is another piece of American culture that you are aware of but also largely largely ignorant about so I'll leave this here to help you out:

I'm aware of him and the idiotic shit is spews. As far as I'm concerned this is what conservatism often is. It's boys refusing to grow up and see that life isn't always straight forward. Not always. There are clever conservatives. But generally, they most often are buffoons with a stupidly simple world view.

But if we slam Tucker Carlson we should do it for things he has said as an adult. Not as a teenager. I think ten years is a good rule of thumb. Anything you said and did ten years ago can't be used to slander your character today.

I hate the current development where people dig up stuff from the past to try to ruin people's careers now. We have to allow people the opportunity to grow and change. I don't think we do that. Not enough.

In the current debate climate there's zero incentive for Tucker Carlson to see the error of his ways and change his behavior.

Remember when Bush attacked John Kerry calling him a flip flopper? It's just a stupid as this shit. This is the shit I'm talking about. It's not only a leftist problem. It's all over the political spectrum.

I'm doing the Voltair defence. I'm against everything Tucker Carlson says, but support his right to say it. And that's tenfold true for anything he said as a teenager, no matter in how bad taste it was.

Patooka said:

I'm aware of him and the idiotic shit is spews. As far as I'm concerned this is what conservatism often is. It's boys refusing to grow up and see that life isn't always straight forward. Not always. There are clever conservatives. But generally, they most often are buffoons with a stupidly simple world view.

But if we slam Tucker Carlson we should do it for things he has said as an adult. Not as a teenager. I think ten years is a good rule of thumb. Anything you said and did ten years ago can't be used to slander your character today.

I hate the current development where people dig up stuff from the past to try to ruin people's careers now. We have to allow people the opportunity to grow and change. I don't think we do that. Not enough.
This is evidence that he hasn't grown or changed, much like that asshole Steven Miller. This evidence provides a narrative that they have been, are, and will continue to be unabashed assholes.

Looks like a pretty typical teenage edgelord trolling joke we so often find in yearbooks. What a surprise that the club didn't actually exist, but it's only mention is his picture.

I certainly told worse jokes than this when I was a teenager. Lucky me we didn't have social media back then.

If we have a problem with this, what we're saying is that potential politicians have to have a history where they came out of the womb as mature adults and have never had a sense of humour, tasteless or otherwise. It's absurd impossible standards and not a world I want to live in.

He wasn’t a teenager. And he was about to graduate from university, not high school.

This is evidence that he hasn't grown or changed, much like that asshole Steven Miller. This evidence provides a narrative that they have been, are, and will continue to be unabashed assholes.

Ok, fine. But it's something he did a very long time ago. So I don't think it's of any consequence.

An ugly tattoo you did when you were 18 is always cooler than a beautiful tattoo you get at 40.

He wasn’t a teenager. And he was about to graduate from university, not high school.

So the fuck what? He's 52 now. At what point would you say that we can forgive past indiscretions?

Who cares about Tucker Carlson?

His idea about white replacement is ignorant bigotry.

The US is not a white nation. It never was a white nation.

Many white Americans have behaved very badly in the past and still do.

But they were never in a nation of only white people.

In the current debate climate there's zero incentive for Tucker Carlson to see the error of his ways and change his behavior.

Remember when Bush attacked John Kerry calling him a flip flopper? It's just a stupid as this shit. This is the shit I'm talking about. It's not only a leftist problem. It's all over the political spectrum.

I'm doing the Voltair defence. I'm against everything Tucker Carlson says, but support his right to say it. And that's tenfold true for anything he said as a teenager, no matter in how bad taste it was.

This is a splendid example of completely missing the point. No one is after Tucker Carlson because of some shitty teenage joke he made. What this shows is Carlson has been consistent in his attitude and actions for over 30 fucking years. That's the bigger issue. You claim that Tucker has no incentive to change "in the current climate"? Fuck, I'll even agree with you for argument's sake. What is also true is that Tucker never had any intention of changing even before "the current climate". In some instances there is no cure in being a cunt.

And fuck Voltaire. He would have looked at Jan 6 and be confused as to how something like that could have happened. If he were alive today, he would be the perfect libertarian; acting superior to everyone else, but strangely neither offering nor contributing anything constructive.

Ok, fine. But it's something he did a very long time ago. So I don't think it's of any consequence.
Then your previous note about allowing people to change was just BS? Because no one is saying Carlson should get into trouble over the yearbook thing. The yearbook thing proves that Carlson is an asshole, not merely playing one on TV. He hasn't grown.

What do you think I meant by "killer conservatives?"

Then your previous note about allowing people to change was just BS? Because no one is saying Carlson should get into trouble over the yearbook thing. The yearbook thing proves that Carlson is an asshole, not merely playing one on TV. He hasn't grown.

My comment is that we should attack people for things they said and did recently. Only.

So the fuck what? He's 52 now. At what point would you say that we can forgive past indiscretions?

When he gives some indication that he’s changed. How is that not obvious?

This is more like serial killers having a history of torturing animals. People don’t typically grow out of admiring murderers.

This is more like serial killers having a history of torturing animals. People don’t typically grow out of admiring murderers.

It's a question of not looking like a fool to your political opponents. If you have to go digging in someone's youth to find stuff to be up in arms about, it makes you look desperate, ie you got nothing on him now. Which isn't true.

Going after things he did in high school and being upset about it is IMHO the childish thing.

It's a question of not looking like a fool to your political opponents. If you have to go digging in someone's youth to find stuff to be up in arms about, it makes you look desperate, ie you got nothing on him now. Which isn't true.

Going after things he did in high school and being upset about it is IMHO the childish thing.

First, no one is upset about it. Second, it's not an isolated event, like a drunken binge of a college student who went on to have zero problems with alcohol.

I do agree it's probably pointless because we already know that Tucker Carlson is a bigot, and it's not surprising that his history shows he always has been.

Back
Top Bottom