• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Twitter Just Banished Thousands Of Russian Bots

First we take your Twitter followers, next your guns. *maniacal laugh*

Trump fans cry as Twitter purges bots

Twitter just purged ‘Russian bots’, and Trump fans are crying as their followers vanish

"They think it’s some kind of left-wing conspiracy, whereas in fact, Twitter appears to have just deleted a bunch of non-existent fascists controlled from St Petersburg. Not seeming to realise the irony, many are sharing their agony online with the hashtag #TwitterLockout.

"Try not to laugh, please, now is not the time to gloat."

I've lost close to 1,000 followers offer the past few hours. Major purge underway. — Richard Spencer (@RichardBSpencer)
February 21, 2018

Just LOST over 3500 followers in the past hour. Thanks #TwitterPurge.

Twitter Locked me out tonight. Lost 2,000 followers simply because I’m a conservative voice exposing Liberal hypocrisy! #TwitterLockOut

:rotfl: I cannot stop laughing at this.

I suppose you could try to tell them that they never had those followers in the first place, but that would be kind of like talking to a table.

I suppose you could try to tell them that they never had those followers in the first place, but that would be kind of like talking to a table.
I like how Twitter is censoring these people by deleting their accounts...

...wait, these white nationalists accounts weren't deleted. Seems odd to censor political dissent, by not deleting the main accounts, but a fraction of their supporters.

It is almost as if Twitter isn't censoring anything.

Is this going to spur the rise of "ConservaTwitter", an alternate copycat made by and for only Conservatives? The twitter equivalent of Conservapedia?

SOS! (Save our Stupidity) ... the new alt-right rallying cry.

Imagine the work ethic these people must think the Leftists have!

"I don't like what YOU are saying, so to prevent the spread of what YOU say, I will track down 3500 people who follow you and delete THEIR accounts...

...and leave you unmolested...

...still sitting there...

...with some of your followers...

...sputtering out your truthinesses...

...that's, like, 3500 times as much effort, to NOT silence you...

Imagine the work ethic these people must think the Leftists have!

"I don't like what YOU are saying, so to prevent the spread of what YOU say, I will track down 3500 people who follow you and delete THEIR accounts...

...and leave you unmolested...

...still sitting there...

...with some of your followers...

...sputtering out your truthinesses...

...that's, like, 3500 times as much effort, to NOT silence you...

It's even worse because we have to also make them look like they were bots. It's pretty much the same kind of thing the devil has to do to convince all the scientists that evolution is real.

If I didnt't have, you know, functioning ethics, I would totally do this.

What does ethics have to do with anything?
These conservative echo-chamber efforts usually flop.
Get some seed money, make some promises, spend 80% of your creative effort on the welcome "Woofer was created as a reaction to the libtards flapping their anxieties on Twitter, and there is no tolerance here for (list as follows...)," 19% on making everything look like a copy of Twitter, 1% on minimum functionality, then when it fails, act surprised.

If I didnt't have, you know, functioning ethics, I would totally do this.

What does ethics have to do with anything?
These conservative echo-chamber efforts usually flop.
Get some seed money, make some promises, spend 80% of your creative effort on the welcome "Woofer was created as a reaction to the libtards flapping their anxieties on Twitter, and there is no tolerance here for (list as follows...)," 19% on making everything look like a copy of Twitter, 1% on minimum functionality, then when it fails, act surprised.blame it on liberals.

FIFY

Is this going to spur the rise of "ConservaTwitter", an alternate copycat made by and for only Conservatives? The twitter equivalent of Conservapedia?

Wait for it. I'm sure it's coming.

Later,
ElectEngr

I believe it is already here, and called GAB. The commie trolls are probably already all over it...

Back
Top Bottom