• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Twitter user "wypipo_h8" harrassing white woman on probably lying video with 8.3 million views

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
Complete scumbag, How is this not a violation of twitter terms of service?

https://twitter.com/wypipo_h8/status/1275228765941977089

I like Glenn Greenwald's take on it

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1275540058620264448

Of course on the other side of ginning up a possible race war is Trump responding to a 6.6 million view video the Macy's attack by a black on a white

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1275256115710885889

So you agree with this "Glenn Greenwald" person that "nobody knows what really happened," but you feel justified to declare the guy a "complete scumbag"? You feel justified in presuming the video is lying? What if the video isn't lying AT ALL? Are people not allowed to ask for apologies from other people who have wronged them? Is having a terrified/freakout a good excuse for not apologizing for one's bad behavior?

We DON'T know what happened, but the guy's story isn't beyond belief and she seems to be a little too afraid of someone "ruining her life" for a person who is completely innocent.

Your prejudices are on full display.

There are witnesses in other videos indicating she 'started the whole thing' and that she was at fault at least with regard to the brake check and following him (first) issue. I don't know that anyone confirmed her use of language.

Violation of twitter terms of service... which part? I don't know if they would have specific terms against showing a license plate or an address in a video, though perhaps it would fit in with concerns around doxxing. I'm not a twitter user and I am not entirely familiar with their policies. I can understand why the woman would be concerned about that, just like I can understand why he might be concerned with this woman shouting 'You're attacking me' in the midst of a fit of some sort. These are actions which can lead to significant consequences for either party.

Since we all play jury these days: I don't know if she's having some sort of mental health crisis, or if she's panicking or can't handle conflict or is putting on a show; whatever the reason, between the two of them, her reaction to events is the one which appears to be vastly disproportionate with events.

What I can't figure out about this thread is why you've neglected to present us an imaginary scenario of what would have happened if the Karlos had been a white man. The 'inverted oppression stack' isn't a thing in WA? I bet he'd have been convicted of treasonous murder-rape hate crimes, and sentenced to genital death by angry badger.

Last edited:
Shirts seem in poor taste to me. But then, I'm not particularly enterprising.

Fortunately there are plenty of people around to feign interest in that woman's mental health. I'm sure that will be very helpful to her.

So you agree with this "Glenn Greenwald" person
You never heard of Glenn Greenwald?

that "nobody knows what really happened," but you feel justified to declare the guy a "complete scumbag"?
His Twitter user name is enough to tell you that. "Wypipo" is a racist slur for "white people" and "h8" means "hate", so he is advertising his hatred of white people.
But you know, to the Lefists, black people can't be racist, so ... :rolleyes:

His Twitter user name is enough to tell you that. "Wypipo" is a racist slur for "white people" and "h8" means "hate", so he is advertising his hatred of white people.

Could be his hate for white people. Could be referring to hate from white people. Could be a catchy handle he thought would help move his personal brand without a great deal of meaning. Who really knows from the handle alone?

Well, it is clear that at least one of the people in that confrontation is a horrible person. We don't really know which one. (Though, some people here are happy to let their prejudices influence them)

Maybe a more productive conversation might be to ask under what circumstances it is acceptable to post images and videos captured in public of people in unflattering conditions and situations.

Many of the people posting about that video are concerned that it is dangerous to unleash the wrath of public scrutiny on people. Some of them don't feel that it is okay for a person to, for example, get fired from their job "just because they said the N-word."

Legally, in the US, if you are captured in public, you are fair game unless you have a reasonable expectation of privacy. So, for example, Upskirts aren't allowed but the make model and identifying attributes of your automobile and the exterior of your home visible from a common public access way are definitely allowed. Now in some European countries, it is illegal to distribute images taken of un-consenting citizens to the public which caused a problem for Google Street View, but not in the US.

So I don't think the video posted by the guy was illegal, but what about the ethics?

Assuming for the moment that the guy did experience some unwarranted rude behavior from the woman, is it okay to retaliate by posting a video of her reacting badly to a confrontation? Let's keep in mind that the public attention placed on her could result in several horrible consequences that might dwarf the bad behavior motivating the retaliation and also that some bad behavior including criminal behavior shouldn't ever be allowed to be hidden from the public.

Regardless what she had done prior to that she is clearly hysterical and it's absolutely pointless to harass her, just leave. I don't really understand that man.
She could be an incredible actress though.

Regardless what she had done prior to that she is clearly hysterical and it's absolutely pointless to harass her, just leave. I don't really understand that man.

It's possible he was waiting for an apology. That's what he said he wanted.

Yeah. We simply don't know enough. Seems like it was the case that she drove irresponsibly/aggressively, and that she gave him the finger. I think the rest is unclear, including that she used the n word, and that she followed him (there's no independent evidence of either apparently). That last part seems odd because the only evidence we have is that he followed her, to her home.

It looks to me like he's trying to make too much of it. Ditto the other video of him supposedly being the victim of racism regarding delivering the takeaway food.

There could be a different interpretation and perspective though. If it was, for example, the case that she had used the n word, he's entitled to be miffed and entitled to call her out. That's even the case if she merely cut him off in traffic and gave him the finger, but without the alleged racism, personally I think you just let that sort of thing go.

She could be over-dramatising, yes. Or she could actually be petrified.

Not enough information.

Yeah. We simply don't know enough. Seems like it was the case that she drove irresponsibly/aggressively, and that she gave him the finger. I think the rest is unclear, including that she used the n word, and that she followed him (there's no independent evidence of either apparently).

For what it's worth, there is video of other people on the scene saying they witnessed that she followed him and 'ran up on him'.

It's the video from Mina Mina @MelaninMinaa, not the others that may appear before it:

https://twitter.com/MelaninMinaa/status/1275438487479521281?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Yeah. We simply don't know enough. Seems like it was the case that she drove irresponsibly/aggressively, and that she gave him the finger. I think the rest is unclear, including that she used the n word, and that she followed him (there's no independent evidence of either apparently).

For what it's worth, there is video of other people on the scene saying they witnessed that she followed him and 'ran up on him'.

It's the video from Mina Mina @MelaninMinaa, not the others that may appear before it:

I agree with a white guy in a blue shirt. Looks like she was happy to create a situation and then just lost it at the first tiny sign of mild reaction. Man was not in any way threatening. Weird, just weird. Clearly, she should not be piloting passenger planes or work in a police or operate heavy machinery :)

If she did follow him first (and his footage does seem to show that) that would seem to suggest that she subsequently freaked out after being caught out, after as barbos says ‘creating the situation’, yes.

It would then be reminiscent in some ways of the other incident involving the woman with the dog in the park.

But we just don’t know enough.

I agree with a white guy in a blue shirt. Looks like she was happy to create a situation and then just lost it at the first tiny sign of mild reaction. Man was not in any way threatening. Weird, just weird. Clearly, she should not be piloting passenger planes or work in a police or operate heavy machinery :)

Ok so now I’ve seen the footage where a number of witnesses agree that she started it, including following him and running up to him aggressively after the traffic incident.

Now it does seem a bit clearer, that it all was not as the OP suggested.

Ok so now I’ve seen the footage where a number of witnesses agree that she started it, including following him and running up to him aggressively after the traffic incident.

Now it does seem a bit clearer, that it all was not as the OP suggested.
Race baiting, by repoman? No way!

So you agree with this "Glenn Greenwald" person
You never heard of Glenn Greenwald?

I certainly have, including his wildly over-the-top defense of white racists, up to and including his insistence that white supremacists like Matthew Hale (who tried to order a hit on the judge in a trademark infringement suit against him), and the Neo-Nazi group National Alliance, are not in any way racist.

But he seems...rather quick to insist this guy's a racist and a scumbag.

Huh.

Back
Top Bottom