• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Unmarried Christians - and maybe Paul was gay?

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
Basic Beliefs
Probably in a simulation
My sisters want to find husbands and I was saying to my father that apparently there is a passage that said that it can be good to not to be married:

1 Corinthians 7:8-9
Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

My father, who I think is an elder in a Lutheran church, said that Paul might have been a homosexual. That made me think of 1 Timothy 1:15-16 where Paul said he is the worst out of all of the sinners....

The church apparently says it:
does not condemn nor judge homosexuality and claims the Bible is silent on homosexual orientation. Homosexuals are welcomed into the congregation
Though my family has been quite anti-gay.....

Related to the unmarried part:

Matthew 19:10-12
The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

This is related to nuns and monks and popes, etc, not being married.... while this isn't usually the case for protestants.....

My father, who I think is an elder in a Lutheran church, said that Paul might have been a homosexual.
Most interesting people are at least bi, yeah?

This is related to nuns and monks and popes, etc, not being married.... while this isn't usually the case for protestants.....
Certainly not Lutherans! Famously, one of Martin Luther's sins against Roman authority was marrying his wife Katharina- an escaped nun! - and fathering many children with her. One of them, named for the aforementioned apostle, became a well-known alchemist and wound up as court physician to a succession of German noble houses.

If your sister is wanting to find a husband, then she may be among those who cannot control themselves and should therefore marry to avoid masturbating.

Matthew 19:10-12
The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

The church's interpretation and meaning of the gospels changes significantly over time. The Popes and monks during the earlier church were quite a fun loving group sexually. The earlier popes generally had both legitimate and illegitimate children.

Last edited:
Before that pope who went around hacking off the penis on statues and putting fig leaves on painings I read the church meaning the clergy was not so sexually constricted.

I dunno about Paul, but i bet Ham was gay.

It seems reasonable. Sailors are always joking about being gay for each other. But if it turns serious, they get all sorts of anxiety issues. Like, right after joking about hanging out in the shower before watch, someone points out that 10% of the population is gay, so if at least 10 people have seen him naked, that means one was gay, on average. They freak.

Noah was a sailor, got sloppy drunk, and was SO upset that Ham saw him naked, he turned and cursed...his grandson.

This is another clue. Ham had more sons than Noah did, so by many culture's standards, that makes Ham more manly than Noah. Should have made Noah proud, but if he suspected that Ham was gay (or bi?), this would have been shameful. So he cursed Canaan for being a reminder that even as an interior decorator, Ham was a better man than the curator of witnesses to God's genocided.

It seems reasonable. Sailors are always joking about being gay for each other. But if it turns serious, they get all sorts of anxiety issues. Like, right after joking about hanging out in the shower before watch, someone points out that 10% of the population is gay, so if at least 10 people have seen him naked, that means one was gay, on average. They freak.

Noah was a sailor, got sloppy drunk, and was SO upset that Ham saw him naked, he turned and cursed...his grandson.

This is another clue. Ham had more sons than Noah did, so by many culture's standards, that makes Ham more manly than Noah. Should have made Noah proud, but if he suspected that Ham was gay (or bi?), this would have been shameful. So he cursed Canaan for being a reminder that even as an interior decorator, Ham was a better man than the curator of witnesses to God's genocided.
Submeiriners are the worse

Submeiriners are the worse
Not gonna lie....yes.

Back
Top Bottom