• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

USA Today op-ed: will Trump ever hit rock bottom

USA Today said:
With his latest tweet, clearly implying that a United States senator would trade sexual favors for campaign cash

Trump said:
Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

Doesn't seem so clear to me. The article loses integrity from me from that point forward. Trump has a point when he calls the media out for being bad and twisting his words. He says plenty of dumb shit and the media gives him an out by overplaying it. What he actually says is often enough to make him look bad. They should leave it at the truth.

Trump described a female Senator as somebody who would trade sexual favors for support.

It is juvenile. It is something from the mind of a thirteen year old.

Hemingway described the rich American man-boy.

The full grown man with the mind of a child.

Trump is not the first.

USA Today said:
With his latest tweet, clearly implying that a United States senator would trade sexual favors for campaign cash

Trump said:
Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

Doesn't seem so clear to me.
English not your first language?
The article loses integrity from me from that point forward. Trump has a point when he calls the media out for being bad and twisting his words.
Where in the fuck are you living? They are flat out quoting him, not taking him out of context, but straight up quoting. His words look foolish because they look foolish, not because of the media.
He says plenty of dumb shit and the media gives him an out by overplaying it. What he actually says is often enough to make him look bad. They should leave it at the truth.
They have been.

Doesn't seem so clear to me.
The article loses integrity from me from that point forward. Trump has a point when he calls the media out for being bad and twisting his words.
Where in the fuck are you living? They are flat out quoting him, not taking him out of context, but straight up quoting. His words look foolish because they look foolish, not because of the media.
He says plenty of dumb shit and the media gives him an out by overplaying it. What he actually says is often enough to make him look bad. They should leave it at the truth.
They have been.

They are accurately reporting on what he said which proves that they are biased! Fake news! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

USA Today said:

Trump said:

Doesn't seem so clear to me. The article loses integrity from me from that point forward. Trump has a point when he calls the media out for being bad and twisting his words. He says plenty of dumb shit and the media gives him an out by overplaying it. What he actually says is often enough to make him look bad. They should leave it at the truth.

So what in your estimation would have been the Fair And BalancedTM way to report this story?

They have been.

They are accurately reporting on what he said which proves that they are biased! Fake news! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

USA Today said:

Trump said:

So what in your estimation would have been the Fair And BalancedTM way to report this story?
Not misinterpreting Trump's tweet would be a healthy start, but this hopeless article has quite a lot to make up for.

- - - Updated - - -

USA Today said:

Trump said:

Not misinterpreting Trump's tweet would be a healthy start, but this hopeless article has quite a lot to make up for.

What was "misiniterpreted" and what was made up? I'm really trying to understand the Fair And BalancedTM view of this same information. I usually don't deal in alternative facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump said:

What was "misiniterpreted" and what was made up? I'm really trying to understand the Fair And BalancedTM view of this same information. I usually don't deal in alternative facts.

Trump did not explicitly say that she was a whore, so their implication that he implied it is a misrepresentation, or something. He certainly could have been implying something else, like she would fly to the moon for donations, making her a wanna-be astronaut, which is not a terrible thing. The implication could even have been that she would smoke crack for donations, making the implication that she is a crack whore, which is totally different from a regular whore. So, yeah, stop misrepresenting poor misunderstood Trump, it's not like he has a history of speaking of and/or treating women like they are whores, or anything.

In this case, its not the reporting of tweet, it is the disservice of reporting on pure sensationalism crap for the purpose of distraction, when there are real issues out there that should be reported and looked at.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...-decades-sloppy-accounting-and-missing-trilli

found that in 2015 alone a staggering $6.5 trillion in funds was unaccounted for out of the Army's budget, with $2.8 trillion in "wrongful adjustments" occurring in just one quarter.

the Pentagon is about to undergo its first audit in history

Has anyone heard anything about the $250k each man woman and child has been cheated out of by the DOD? Probably not because we are tuning into the another feminist crap story.

This is what the globalists are good at. They and they alone own all the main stream media outlets and get to pick what gets talked about and what does not. And they don't want you to know what is going on with the DOD right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump said:

Trump did not explicitly say that she was a whore, so their implication that he implied it is a misrepresentation, or something. He certainly could have been implying something else, like she would fly to the moon for donations, making her a wanna-be astronaut, which is not a terrible thing. The implication could even have been that she would smoke crack for donations, making the implication that she is a crack whore, which is totally different from a regular whore. So, yeah, stop misrepresenting poor misunderstood Trump, it's not like he has a history of speaking of and/or treating women like they are whores, or anything.
Unless Trump and Gillibrand want to call themselves victims, it is fine to misiniterprete and misrepresent their speech, because it doesn't actually hurt them, but both seem to not like being miscategorized, so it would be best if everyone would try harder to get it right the first time.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump said:

A lot was misiniterpreted in the article, and any making up is still obviously yet to do.

In this case, its not the reporting of tweet, it is the disservice of reporting on pure sensationalism crap for the purpose of distraction, when there are real issues out there that should be reported and looked at.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...-decades-sloppy-accounting-and-missing-trilli

found that in 2015 alone a staggering $6.5 trillion in funds was unaccounted for out of the Army's budget, with $2.8 trillion in "wrongful adjustments" occurring in just one quarter.

Has anyone heard anything about the $250k each man woman and child has been cheated out of by the DOD? Probably not because we are tuning into the another feminist crap story.

This is what the globalists are good at. They and they alone own all the main stream media outlets and get to pick what gets talked about and what does not. And they don't want you to know what is going on with the DOD right now.
Well, you know the old story about the media, if it bleeds from wherever, it leads forever.

Somebody can't count.

$6.5 trillion is roughly twice the outlays in the entire Federal budget...

By quoting the tweet and taking it for what it actually says, that she's a flunky, a lightweight, begs for campaign contributions and would do anything for them. Is that not enough to malign him with? He actually said all that.

What he did not say is that she's a whore.

You may assume he wouldn't say the same witth he same wording about a male senator, but I would not make that assumption. "He comes 'begging' for contributions and would do anything for them, the lightweight flunky" is something I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear from Trump. Not even a little.

He didn't call anybody a whore. That's bad reporting and misrepresentation.And you are doing the same by declaring plain English reading of what Trump said is him calling her a whore.

I don't like having to defend Trump.... but there you have it.

You may assume he wouldn't say the same witth he same wording about a male senator, but I would not make that assumption. "He comes 'begging' for contributions and would do anything for them, the lightweight flunky" is something I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear from Trump. Not even a little.
Yes, I've seen Trump talk about men begging in lots of his tweets.

- - - Updated - - -

Somebody can't count.

$6.5 trillion is roughly twice the outlays in the entire Federal budget...
Well, hopefully someone in the audit can.

We have to take this Trump tweet in proper context. Trump has shown a pattern of degrading women. Therefore, it is more than fair to assume that his comment in parentheses was a reference that the senator would whore herself out for campaign cash. It is beyond naive to think otherwise.

It is not a disservice nor is it sensationalistic crap to bring to public attention how the President of the United States comports himself.

It is a disservice that the media does not in every article about the POTUS' embarrassing behavior bring to public attention the silence of the Republican legislature.

We have to take this Trump tweet in proper context. Trump has shown a pattern of degrading women.
I agree, but he degrades both men and women, with men being much more than women, unless people want to use their sexist imaginations.
Therefore, it is more than fair to assume that his comment in parentheses was a reference that the senator would whore herself out for campaign cash.
Again, no one is trying to stop anyone from thinking and saying this, I just obviously don't see it as objective reasoning or reporting.
It is beyond naive to think otherwise.
And I think the contrary.

It is not a disservice nor is it sensationalistic crap to bring to public attention how the President of the United States comports himself.
Right, but honestly.

Back
Top Bottom