• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Wall vs hurricane

Why are those people out in a hurricane?
It's probably not hurricane-force anymore.
Of course, Bone Spurs will say it was. No one could have foreseen a hurricane making it that far inland. Plus the concrete was still wet. And Obama, somehow.

Bwahahahahahah! Is Mexico going to pay for repairs? So, like everything else Trump tries, the part of the wall he did get erected was a half assed failure. I only wish the camera man had turned his phone 90 degrees.

I had wondered if this was the private border wall. A group including Tom Tancredo, sheriff David Clarke, and Kris Kobach raised money (probably pocketing some) to build a 3 mile 'border wall' in Texas, but that wall doesn't connect to any of the government's wall. Heard that wall was built too close to the river so it is already in danger of collapsing.

But nope, from the picture the private wall looks different, so it is not the one being blown over by the hurricane. That is Trump's precious wall going down. Damn... could another hurricane cause them to have less border wall than when he started?

I would note that the crew was there, meaning they were building the fence there. Is there any signs that other already constructed fencing failed?

Is there any signs that other already constructed fencing failed?

Nah... these headlines are all fake news:

Newly Constructed Border Wall Defeated By Rope
Donald Trump's Border Wall Defeated With Saws and Ladders
Man Climbs Over Trump's Border Wall
Smugglers are sawing through new sections of Trump’s border wall
Drug Smugglers Have Already Beaten Trump's Wall

... and many more.

ramp.jpg

:hysterical:

I would note that the crew was there, meaning they were building the fence there. Is there any signs that other already constructed fencing failed?

True. Being unable to protect a construction site from consequences of the local weather - on multiple occasions in several locations - is a sure sign that the contractors know what they are doing. Thank God our tax dollars are being spent so prudently, what if they only had only been obliged to build the fence once?

Update: Apparently this video is not from the hurricane, but from a windstorm last month.

Soooooo... if a less than hurricane force wind can knock it down, what happens in full force storm?

Update: Apparently this video is not from the hurricane, but from a windstorm last month.

Soooooo... if a less than hurricane force wind can knock it down, what happens in full force storm?

Don't underestimate wind. We occasionally see wind gusts here in the lower end of hurricane range--and we have mountains all around the valley, I'd hate to think of what it could be like without that. I do know of a hike leader that had to abort a hike because a 90# female in the group was basically incapable of advancing against the wind. (I don't know her but the fact she was on the ridgeline is proof enough she's no weakling, not to mention that the leader certainly wouldn't have accepted anything but a strong hiker on that trail.)

Back
Top Bottom