• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.
  • 2021 Internet Infidels Fundraising Drive
    Greetings! Time for the annual fundraiser.Sorry for the late update, we normally start this early in October. Funds are needed to keep II and IIDB online. I was not able to get an IIDB based donations addon implemented for this year, I will make sure to have that done for next year. You can help support II in several ways, please visit the Support Us page for more info. Or just click:

I will try to track all donations from IIDB. Many thanks to those that have already donated. The current total is $550. If everyone dontated just $5, we would easily hit our goal.

We don’t have a Gardening thread yet?

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
Well, I’ll start one.

I’ve made a terrible mistake. I put up a trellis for peas in my raised bed. It looks quite nice. Oak post (1 inch square) with rough twine tied into a climbing grid.

But I made it parallel to the edge of the raised bed, and a matching one on the other side. Now it’s hard to reach through the climbing bit to get t the peas at the back. I should have put it perpendicualr so I could reach from the side.

Sigh. Next year.

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I’ll start one.

I’ve made a terrible mistake. I put up a trellis for peas in my raised bed. It looks quite nice. Oak post (1 inch square) with rough twine tied into a climbing grid.

But I made it parallel to the edge of the raised bed, and a matching one on the other side. Now it’s hard to reach through the climbing bit to get t the peas at the back. I should have put it perpendicualr so I could reach from the side.

Sigh. Next year.

I just stick poles in rather than get fancy with a trellis. Last year a planted some peas that grew taller--and a windstorm managed to tip all the poles to about 45 degrees and break a few stems that had climbed above the poles.

Last year I tried out some purple peas and didn't realize they were determinate. Feast or famine time.

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
Meh, no water?

I think I may have all of yours.

We have water just spurt up out of the ground in half a dozen places in the yard. If I dig a hole, it will be full of water in less than 10 minutes.

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
You can see how I made it hard for myself to get at the peas on the back

45CB9B95-3993-4DC0-8689-54BA725189A5.jpeg

And how if I rotated this 90° it would be much better!

EFC8B083-3A64-42C8-BD25-8CD717F37456.jpeg

But look at all those yummy peas!!!

Top Bottom