• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Nectarines. I have been getting lots of nectarines. They ship a bit unripe, so I put 'em in the fridge for a few days. A nice nectarine washed and quartered makes a wonderous quick snack.
You could try a paper bag. Many fruits ripen well in a paper bag for a day or two. Peaches love it in there.
I think it has to do with a gas ripening fruits release.

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
Nectarines. I have been getting lots of nectarines. They ship a bit unripe, so I put 'em in the fridge for a few days. A nice nectarine washed and quartered makes a wonderous quick snack.
You could try a paper bag. Many fruits ripen well in a paper bag for a day or two. Peaches love it in there.
I say, Holmes! How do you do it?

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Ethylene is a gas and is known as the “fruit-ripening hormone.” Every fruit has a certain level of ethylene production throughout its lifecycle. However, in some fruits, ethylene levels shoot up when the fruit starts ripening.Apr 20, 2018

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Lunch today ground beef with garlic, rotini, cheese, and tomato sauce.

Rotini is easier to gt from plate to mouth with a spoon than elbows.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Fried garlic thne made a cheese omlet on top. With rice and tomato sauce.

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs
Natural Philosophy, Game Theoretic Ethicist
Ethylene is a gas and is known as the “fruit-ripening hormone.” Every fruit has a certain level of ethylene production throughout its lifecycle. However, in some fruits, ethylene levels shoot up when the fruit starts ripening.Apr 20, 2018
Is this why fruits ripen in waves?

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
Yes

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
I ordered a watermelon from Walmart. A full sized seedless melon. They were out of that so they substituted three, count them, three smaller watermelons. It looks like I will be eating watermelons for the next few days. I just ate half of one. It was unfortunately, not a paricularly good melon. I hate Walmart.

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs
Natural Philosophy, Game Theoretic Ethicist
Yes
It reminds me of something slime molds do when they run out of food. They release a signal that says "hey guys, everyone on me" and then they make a little slug and crawl in a line a ways away and make a little gross slime mushroom on the sacrifices of the least successful of their weird slug orgy.

It's all through the release of a particular chemical.

Notably sometimes two slime mold amoebas find each other sexy and fuck. There is no gender, just compatibility. Then they get into a big orgy without making a slug then everyone fucks off.

gmbteach

Mrs Frizzle
Basic Beliefs
On my journey :D
I made a salad yesterday that was simply this:

Half a continental cucumber - diced (cut in half lengthwise, and again, and sliced)
150g grape tomatoes - halved
100g capsicum - diced
100g pickled beetroot - diced (you can buy tins of diced beetroot here)
5 dill pickles, sliced.
100g canned corn kernels.

Tossed.

This made 4 serves as a side, or two if it was the whole meal.

It was colourful and delicious.

I am experimenting with different salads at the moment - and wouldn’t mind recipes, but I hate nuts in salads.

I want to try a potato salad that doesn’t have cream in it Next.

steve_bank

Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Saw a new product in the news. Bags that are said to absorb the gas said to keep fruits fresh longer.

rousseau

Contributor
I really don't have the time these days so trying to pick up some new but simple skills. At the moment it's cooking Tofu, not difficult but the first few attempts didn't go well.

We're now accommodating three diets, meat, pescetarian, and baby-led-weaning. That's keeping things interesting.

Top Bottom