• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What should be done with the future Covid-19 Vaccine deniers?

Harry Bosch

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
According to Dr. Antyony Fauci, a Covid vaccine could be coming that is 70% or higher effect. However, a recent CNN poll found that perhaps 1/3 of Americans would not get vaccinated even if it were cheap and widely available:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/28/health/fauci-coronavirus-vaccine-contact-tracing-aspen/index.html

If so, we might never get to herd immunity. What should we do with these crazies? I could see a future where people with a record of getting the vaccine can fly, can go to school, can work, can attend football games, and etc. Whereas, those who don't have documentation, cannot. That sounds reasonable to me.

huh, if as some news reports are showing, the immunity only lasts like 3-4 months that means there would need to be a very fast push to immunize.

Otherwise it would be slow motion whack a mole.

huh, if as some news reports are showing, the immunity only lasts like 3-4 months that means there would need to be a very fast push to immunize.

Where did you see that report?

They are all over the place,

Fucking sucks

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/studies-report-rapid-loss-of-covid-19-antibodies-67650

At best case a vaccine that produces as a good an immune response as the actual virus will have a tight time limited effect.

Fucking sucks

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/studies-report-rapid-loss-of-covid-19-antibodies-67650

At best case a vaccine that produces as a good an immune response as the actual virus will have a tight time limited effect.

Yea, if that becomes true, it would suck. It might be that we just have to live with it. I know that our economy can't exist in a continuous shut down, restart cycle.

Vaccine deniers would mess everything up.

Threee months - three months could actually give us a good stance to beat this thing... IFF everyone got vaccinated and as fast as possible.

If we actually tried to win we (world) could get eradications one area at a time and we could get there.

But,
We won’t.
:’(
:pigsfly:

Fucking sucks

We don’t ‘know’ yet.

For my job, I had to agree to be vaccinated against a disease that my job might have exposed me to. Most people in my general
field are required to be vaccinated. Other professions also either recommend or require certain vaccinations as a condition of employment. MilitRy have a lot of required vaccinations, depending on where they are deployed. School children and university students are required to be vaccinated. Nursing home patients are also required or at least heavily recommended to be vaccinated.

Hell we mandate that dogs be vaccinated against rabies.

Obviously some individuals are not able for medical reasons to be vaccinated but all others should be at no cost to to the individual. Vaccination should be mandatory unless there is documented medical exemption. Repeat in schedule. Whatever the expense it will be substantially less than what is happening now.

“Show me your papers” has a certain ring to it. Sounds familiar too.

Maybe so. But to me, it's all about protecting others. If someone has such little regard for others that they won't wear a mask or get a vaccine, I don't want them around me, my family, or my friends.

I know a nurse who is said she won't take the vaccine if one is developed. She's totally irrational, as are most people who are against vaccines. This was never a problem back in the late 70s and 80s when I worked in public health. I don't understand it and I don't know what could be done about it.

There are people who refuse to wear masks because they are stupid enough to think that it denies them freedom. WTF! We have all kinds of laws for the protection of the general public, like seat belt and speeding laws. That's why we should all be wearing masks right now, to protect each other. All I can say is that the level of stupidity and ignorance in the US is incredible and I'm not sure it can be fixed. A large percentage of Americans would prefer to believe insane conspiracy theories instead of evidence based medical science.

Anyway, it's too early to know the long term effectiveness of a vaccine for this virus. Maybe if enough of the idiots have family members or friends who die or become very seriously ill from COVID, some will change their view on vaccines.

“Show me your papers” has a certain ring to it. Sounds familiar too.

Maybe so. But to me, it's all about protecting others. If someone has such little regard for others that they won't wear a mask or get a vaccine, I don't want them around me, my family, or my friends.

You should stay home.

Louis Farrakhan on a Youtube livestream with 92K viewers partially talking about not taking vaccines.

Nothing. Individual choice.

Individual choice is applicable when the only person you put at risk is yourself. When you put others at risk, the act becomes public and thus subject to public deliberation.

You can argue against mandatory seatbelts on the basis of individual choice, but not against DUI laws, mandatory vaccinations, or an obligation to check up on your cars brakes every so often: Even though, in all of these cases the person most at risk due to your negligent behaviour is yourself, its not the only one whose risk is increased.

Internment camps is the way to go.

Typical Trump supporter, Always going to the internment camp as a solution. I'll let you in on a dirty little secret - it's okay to be against something and exercise restraint as well.

Back
Top Bottom