• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Where’s the outrage from police unions about this?

That sound you're hearing is the mating call of the wild cricket. ;)

On the other hand, while I disapprove of this asshole's politics, I agree with his methods. :D

That sound you're hearing is the mating call of the wild cricket. ;)

On the other hand, while I disapprove of this asshole's politics, I agree with his methods. :D
That's very bad. Very very very bad. However bad a lot of police misconduct is, killing cops is at the very least excessive.

But I agree about the deafening silence of the police unions. It's like the Weimar Republic, much tougher on the extreme left, like the Bavarian Soviet Republic, than the extreme right, like the Kapp Putsch and the Beer Hall Putsch.

Boogaloo gunman charged with murder in ambush at Oakland courthouse - The Washington Post
As protests gripped Oakland on May 29, a white van pulled up outside a federal courthouse. A door slid open, and a man peppered the two security officers outside with bullets, killing one and wounding the other.

For a little over a week, the crime was a mystery. Was it tied to the protests just blocks away? Even after the suspected killer was dramatically caught in the nearby mountains eight days later, his motive was murky.

Now, federal authorities say the man, identified as Air Force Staff Sgt. Steven Carrillo, 32, was an adherent of the “boogaloo boys,” a growing online extremist movement that has sought to use peaceful protests against police brutality to spread fringe views and ignite a race war. Federal investigators allege that’s exactly what Carrillo was trying to do last month.

The uniformed authoritarians can understand and sympathize with the camo clad authoritarians.

Note that the dead cop is not white. I suspect that has something to do with it.

White supremacist “Boogaloo Boys” used peaceful protests as cover to assassinate police officers:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/17/boogaloo-steven-carrillo/

Why should police unions say anything? The suspects are arrested and are being charged. The system is working.
Police unions tend to speak up when the rank and file are at odds with police leadership, DA's office and/or political leadership. Especially when they feel like they being thrown under the bus.

White supremacist “Boogaloo Boys” used peaceful protests as cover to assassinate police officers:

Why should police unions say anything? The suspects are arrested and are being charged. The system is working.
Police unions tend to speak up when the rank and file are at odds with police leadership, DA's office and/or political leadership. Especially when they feel like they being thrown under the bus.

How about “Mr. President, why don’t you use that “domestic terrorist” designation on this group, which (unlike antifa) is actually an organization, and is actually performing terrorist acts”?

They make plenty of noise about the “war on cops”, while police deaths have been dropping for decades, but an actual threat doesn’t concern them a bit. Maybe they don’t mind their members being killed, as long as a white guy does it.

How about “Mr. President, why don’t you use that “domestic terrorist” designation on this group, which (unlike antifa) is actually an organization, and is actually performing terrorist acts”?
That I would agree with, except I think Antifa should stay designated.

Maybe they don’t mind their members being killed, as long as a white guy does it.

Bullshit. You are confusing them with "Black lives matter" who are very silent about ALL black lives that are ended by somebody other than a white civilian or cop of any color.

Bullshit - right now there are plenty of examples of the leadership of police unions whining about unfair everything else or that everyone is against them. We have plenty of example of police unions defending the brutality of their members against PEACEFUL protesters.

Yet here is an documented example of white supremacists using protests as a cover to kill a police officer. Not saying nasty things to officer, not even throwing bottles or cans at them, but KILLING them. But nary a peep about a possible nationwide conspiracy to kill their members.

Back
Top Bottom