• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.
  • 2021 Internet Infidels Fundraising Drive
    Greetings! Time for the annual fundraiser.Sorry for the late update, we normally start this early in October. Funds are needed to keep II and IIDB online. I was not able to get an IIDB based donations addon implemented for this year, I will make sure to have that done for next year. You can help support II in several ways, please visit the Support Us page for more info. Or just click:

I will try to track all donations from IIDB. Many thanks to those that have already donated. The current total is $923. If everyone dontated just $5, we would easily hit our goal.

Which movie did you watch today and how would you rate it?

Patooka

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
aaa
Free HBO Max weekend. Just watched Collateral again. I love that movie. I think Jamie Fox is a very underrated actor. A Michael Mann film with his usual grit and intensity. And while I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruise, he was excellent in this.
I saw it yesterday for the third time. Great movie! All good, but Jamie Fox takes it.
I like how in the end Victor
dies sitting on a train
as he had described earlier in the movie.
And nobody noticed...

TSwizzle

Let's go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Ecstasy, 6/10; An adaptation of an Irvine Welsh (Trainspotting) story. The plot is about a low level drug dealer/smuggler trying to keep the local drug kingpin in the dark about his extra curricular drug dealing. Some amusing scenes and quite entertaining with a good cast but the plot is a bit thing and the local drug kingpin is played as a caricature, pantomime villain. Not very believable.

The Party's Just Beginning, 4/10; What the hell was this ? Worst party ever?! Liusaidh's best friend has committed suicide by jumping off a bridge. She does not take this well and descends into reckless behavior, alcohol, drugs, sleeping around culminating in her getting raped by three men she meets at a club. She eventually gets jolted back on to the straight and narrow after a phone conversation (who the hell uses a phone these days?) with a stranger who calls her landline by accident. I have no idea why these movies get made, what is the point ?

atrib

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Watched Peter Jackson's Get Back on Disney over the weekend. If you are a Beatles fan this is a must see. If you don't care about the Beatles, it will probably be difficult to sit through 8.5 hours of footage.

Ford

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Godless Heathen
Yesterday, but I watched "Undergods" on the Amazon Prime.

Rating: Bleak.

Politesse

Sapere aude
Basic Beliefs
Jedi Wayseeker
Watched Netflix' A Boy Called Christmas with a young nephew of mine. Bit on the bleak side for a kid's holiday movie, but Maggie Smith is always a treasure to watch, and the snow-covered Finnish countryside (inexplicably full of British people though it is) set a nice tone for the adventuring parts. Also a more complex moral (Death is permanent, and parents aren't always good even if they mean to be, so you have to find sources of hope) than you usually expect for this sort of thing. Sally Hawkins as the cackling villain was annoying and seemed like she'd wandered in from a different sort of holiday movie. 3.5/5

marc

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist, skeptic, nerd
8-Bit Christmas

bit of a rip off of A Christmas Story, but pretty fun. Guy tells his daughter the story of when he wanted a Nintendo for Christmas, and what he went through.

Top Bottom