• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who did the Original Sin? God or man?

WAB

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
n/a
Learner,

A&E were supposed to have sex. There was no other reason for Eve to have been created.*** Whatever pastor, reverend or whomever has given you the idea that Original Sin is sex, has led you down the primrose path of total silliness. Original Sin, as it is taught by most denoms, is that all humans, by virtue of the fact that A&E disobeyed God's enjoinder not to eat of the magical fruit, are sinners. This original act of insurrection is the Original Sin, not sex! According to most Christian teaching, we are all born with this sin nature: not the sex-drive, but the incapacity for self-directed moral perfection, meaning inside and out, in thought and deed. Hence, every human is a sinner, regardless of behavior. Even if one's behavior is exemplary, without spot, one is still a sinner with a sin nature. The most perfectly well-behaved individual is just splitting at the seams to do something naughty, and is naughty just in his/her capacity to be naughty. Also, there is no spectrum or scale of sin. A white lie is equal to cold-blooded murder. Sin is sin, and we're all stuffed to the rafters with it.

That's the story. It is pure silliness. Not that I don't think the human race is full of corruption and evil, as it most manifestly is; yet there are genuinely good people. And to call an exemplary person a sinner, when they have trespassed no law and have done only good acts, is a travesty, a devious and fallacious means for truly shitty people to feel good about themselves. As you can tell just by observing shitty people: they comfort and defend themselves by assuming that everyone is just as rotten as they are. This is how most big churches operate: they function under the assumption that everyone is infected with original sin and is in dire need of salvation. Of course, a good many church leaders are lying scum who use this as a means of obtaining and maintaining power. It was especially egregious in the times when the masses were illiterate. "Just take my word for it, it's all here in the BOOK; you're all going to be roasted forever unless you give me some of your money and unless you regard me as your personal broker between yourselves and God. And don't go believing that guy in that church over there! I saw him having a fap behind that big rock, so he can't possibly be of any help to you."

***God created Eve because he recognized that Adam needed a companion. One wonders how God wouldn't have already known that...

Back
Top Bottom