• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who is responsible for pregnancies? (Derail from: Policies that will reduce abortions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomb#20

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Rationalism
Most of this thread has been men assuring me that they have no responsibility for preventing a pregnancy.
@Emily Lake
Quote mining people explaining that both parties have responsibility in no way supports the claim that @Toni made here.

Tom
I dunno. Those were some very direct quotes that absolutely supported my claim.

Even if it isn’t convenient to you.
Those were some very direct excerpts from posts, with which Emily helpfully provided links so anyone can click on them to check whether the full context contradicts your claim. Which I did, and which they did.

Where did anyone say that?
Here on this forum?

You let a penis in, the expectation should be that there will be sperm unless you have previously agreed on withdrawal or have been told there is no sperm.

[Click...]
But not the release of sperm in a vagina.
It's voluntary--on both sides. A woman who allows sperm to be released into her vagina is just as responsible as the man who released it.
How exactly does a woman refuse to allow sperm to be released into her vagina? Walk me through how you think this works, please.
Most sperm ends up in her vagina through consensual activity.
Uh huh. And do you think that consensual sex automatically implies "Yay, please cum inside me!"?

Or do you think that perhaps, just perhaps, there's a social expectation that women should be the ones who have to always be responsible about ensuring they don't get pregnant, and that men are excused from that responsibility altogether?

Did you even bother to read the article I linked?
You let a penis in, the expectation should be that there will be sperm unless you have previously agreed on withdrawal or have been told there is no sperm.
As you can see, the full context contains Loren saying "A woman who allows sperm to be released into her vagina is just as responsible as the man who released it."; it does not contain Loren assuring you that men "have no responsibility for preventing a pregnancy."

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
All of that aside, I admit that I am flummoxed to grasp how any pregnancy can occur if the male does not ejaculate inside or near a vagina. The process of inserting a penis into a vagina does require effort on the part of the male parent. The female parent need make little or no effort and indeed, might seriously attempt to prevent the penis from
entering her vagina.

Surely none of this is new information to anyone or controversial in any way.

Correct, none of that is new information to anyone nor is it controversial in anyway. You’re doing a sterling job of making sure no new information or new controversies are introduced to confuse things.

Toni

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Peace on Earth, goodwill towards all
All of that aside, I admit that I am flummoxed to grasp how any pregnancy can occur if the male does not ejaculate inside or near a vagina. The process of inserting a penis into a vagina does require effort on the part of the male parent. The female parent need make little or no effort and indeed, might seriously attempt to prevent the penis from
entering her vagina.

Correct, none of that is new information to anyone nor is it controversial in anyway. You’re doing a sterling job of making sure no new information or new controversies are introduced to confuse things.
Nothing I’ve written is new information—something that I’ve pointed out myself. More than once.

I don’t see how anything I’ve written is controversial. At all.

Yet here you are, telling me what I’ve already said: nothing I’ve written is new information.

Do why ya gotta argue about it?.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
entering her vagina.

Nothing I’ve written is new information—something that I’ve pointed out myself. More than once.

Yet here you are, telling me what I’ve already said: nothing I’ve written is new information.

Argue? Who’s arguing? I agree, you did not post any new information and continue to not post any new information.

Toni

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Peace on Earth, goodwill towards all
entering her vagina.

Argue? Who’s arguing? I agree, you did not post any new information and continue to not post any new information.
I get it. You just have to have the last word.

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
entering her vagina.

I get it. You just have to have the last word.
Oh I get it, you need to get your post count up. Or you have Tourette Syndrome? Or is there a point to you posting no new information ? Am I missing something? I feel I’m missing something.

Patooka

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
aaa
Oh I get it, you need to get your post count up. Or you have Tourette Syndrome? Or is there a point to you posting no new information ? Am I missing something? I feel I’m missing something.

Relax, mate. You are definitely missing something. You don't need to be uncertain about that. I'll be happy to educate you if you are still confused. Brandon won't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom