• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why Does Joel Osteen Have a Hot Wife?

SLD

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker
h-JOEL-AND-VICTORIA-OSTEEN-432x243.jpg

OK, I admit it. I'd tap that. She's hot. Maybe not as good as Lauren Bacall or Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly, ( in their heyday I mean) but admittedly she's a babe.

So how does a pastor get such a hot chick? Is there not something wrong here from the Christian perspective? Doesn't this just shout: it's all bullshit; I just do this to get hot chicks! That's my takeaway.

A quick search of other televangilst wives shows many others glamorous at least, if not smoking hot. I think these professions are about money and power, both aphrodisiacs.

About the only really ugly one was Tammy Faye Bakker, but heck, Jimmy just did it with Jessica Hahn.

SLD

Why the fuck does it even matter?

Whether or not he is physically attractive or whether or not his wife is physically attractive has no relevancy to anything. His arguments are still bad no matter how good-looking or ugly anyone is.

I've met Victoria Osteen. Yes, she's attractive, perhaps even underneath her makeup.

But that is one pampered, self-centered, class-conscious, hypocritical woman.

Still, there's nothing non-Christian about having an attractive spouse.

h-JOEL-AND-VICTORIA-OSTEEN-432x243.jpg

OK, I admit it. I'd tap that. She's hot. Maybe not as good as Lauren Bacall or Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly, ( in their heyday I mean) but admittedly she's a babe.

So how does a pastor get such a hot chick? Is there not something wrong here from the Christian perspective? Doesn't this just shout: it's all bullshit; I just do this to get hot chicks! That's my takeaway.

A quick search of other televangilst wives shows many others glamorous at least, if not smoking hot. I think these professions are about money and power, both aphrodisiacs.

About the only really ugly one was Tammy Faye Bakker, but heck, Jimmy just did it with Jessica Hahn.

SLD

Kind of harsh, don't you think? Are Christian men supposed to pursue conventionally unattractive women as a form of self deprivation, in the manner of fasting, or wearing a hair shirt? Money and power maybe aphrodisiacs, but how would one explain a smoking hot wife who dates back to before the days of money and power?

Tammy wasn't always an old woman and she didn't always have cancer. Youthfulness usually comes with some physical attractiveness, for the obvious reasons.
Jim.jpg

Evangelicals sure had an awful taste for album covers.
:sick001:

They overcompensated with beautiful wives. ;)

I've met Victoria Osteen. Yes, she's attractive, perhaps even underneath her makeup.
But that is one pampered, self-centered, class-conscious, hypocritical woman.
See, i can't find a woman attractive unless i can imagine enjoying a conversation with her.
Dumb Blondes don't do it for me, 'hot' but self-centered won't. if i learn a supermodel or a Playmate is racist, their 'hotness' instantly zeroes.

But, hey, if appearences are the most important thing for a person, they're probably going to deserve whoever they end up with.

I managed to nail a hot wife when I was a preacher. But after becoming a self-proclaimed atheist I bagged a much hotter wife with big tits. So there. Doesn't really matter whether you're a preacher or not. All that matters is ... well, how should I know. I have no clue when it comes to women.

Frankly, isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder? What is considered 'hot' for some, is 'ugly' to others.

And so what if he is a preacher? If he loves her, and she him, what's the diff?

There is plenty of hot christian babes. Joel Osteen is a leader in his community so I'm not surprised at all.

As preachers go, Joel is charming and charismatic. Both attractive features to many women. Add in rich and powerful, and he can choose from a whole array of hot women.

Osteen isn't a preacher.

He is a Christian Leaning Personal Motivation Speaker... and is rich.

So how does a pastor get such a hot chick?
He's a fairly good-looking, confident, ambitious, charismatic leader in a patriarchal group. Most of these things were probably true of him even before he became a world famous multi-millionaire. How could someone like him not manage to snag an attractive mate? And seeing as how he (and by extension Victoria) is a world famous multi-millionaire, how could she not be motivated to/capable of maintaining her looks? Forget Christianity. Christians are just like everybody else, primates who talk a good game.

Is there not something wrong here from the Christian perspective? Doesn't this just shout: it's all bullshit; I just do this to get hot chicks! That's my takeaway.
Chicks? What about fame and fortune? How does a pastor get an 8-digit net worth? I think that the Christian perspective of Osteen's target audience is more likely to rationalize his wealth, fame, hot wife, and any other successes as being rewards for/proof of his faith. In fact, looking at his wikipedia article, I notice that he is indeed associated with prosperity theology, which lends itself perfectly to such rationalizations.

Wow, there's apparently even a social media controversy over a statement from Victoria Osteen which paints her form of Christianity as almost totally undisguised egoism. I now suspect that the hypocrisy must be an actual selling point for these people.

But, hey, if appearences are the most important thing for a person, they're probably going to deserve whoever they end up with.
Right, just like women attracted to "bad boys" probably deserve to be smacked around once in awhile.

He's a fairly good-looking, confident, ambitious, charismatic leader in a patriarchal group. Most of these things were probably true of him even before he became a world famous multi-millionaire. How could someone like him not manage to snag an attractive mate? And seeing as how he (and by extension Victoria) is a world famous multi-millionaire, how could she not be motivated to/capable of maintaining her looks? Forget Christianity. Christians are just like everybody else, primates who talk a good game.

Is there not something wrong here from the Christian perspective? Doesn't this just shout: it's all bullshit; I just do this to get hot chicks! That's my takeaway.
Chicks? What about fame and fortune? How does a pastor get an 8-digit net worth? I think that the Christian perspective of Osteen's target audience is more likely to rationalize his wealth, fame, hot wife, and any other successes as being rewards for/proof of his faith. In fact, looking at his wikipedia article, I notice that he is indeed associated with prosperity theology, which lends itself perfectly to such rationalizations.

Wow, there's apparently even a social media controversy over a statement from Victoria Osteen which paints her form of Christianity as almost totally undisguised egoism. I now suspect that the hypocrisy must be an actual selling point for these people.

Right, just like women attracted to "bad boys" probably deserve to be smacked around once in awhile.

All true. I think this whole shenanigans just disproves the whole point of his ministry. They are all about earthly things. Fucking good looking babes. Money. Power. Don't get me wrong, I don't think all christians are hypocrites. Many of course are just good honest people who try to live their lives in accordance with their faith as best they see fit. I can respect them. But it seems to me that the leadership of so many evangelical denominations are such blatant hypocrits. It never ceases to amaze me that people don't see through them.

SLD

Is there any profession or occupation for which is expected to have an ugly wife? If a man has an ugly wife, how does this reflect on his character, or basic ethical nature?

Is there any profession or occupation for which is expected to have an ugly wife? If a man has an ugly wife, how does this reflect on his character, or basic ethical nature?

Surely it means he is not vain. It shows that he sees beyond the packaging to see the worth inside. I know it sounds corny, but surely in business you need to have a certain instinct. Having an unattractive wife shows that he is accepting the person on FULL merit, not on looks alone. In order to determine if a business is viable, then it means you MUST delve deep inside to make sure it is viable. True?

Back
Top Bottom