• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

William Peter Blatty, 'Exorcist' Author, Receives Vatican Response On Georgetown Petition

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...georgetown_n_5330131.html?utm_hp_ref=religion

William Peter Blatty, author of "The Exorcist" and alumnus of Georgetown University, has received a response from the Vatican on a petition he submitted in fall 2013 demanding that the school be stripped of its Catholic label.

Blatty submitted the petition with 2,000 signatures asking that the Church “require that Georgetown implement Ex Corde Ecclesiae, a papal constitution governing Catholic colleges,” the National Catholic Register reports.

In the event that this effort fails, the petitions calls for “the removal or suspension of top-ranked Georgetown’s right to call itself Catholic and Jesuit in any of its representations.”

Of course his intentions are opposite to mine... but I hope Blatty succeeds. It would be nothing other than exorcising the Catholic out of an institution of higher learning. Improbable as it is.

It would almost be enough to make me sing out "Nñmnnniññnm hell in cock sucks mother your succeed will we and legion are we goo goo goojoobbb" and spew out pea soup out of sheer joy.

funny-animal-pictures-43.jpg

Of course his intentions are opposite to mine... but I hope Blatty succeeds. It would be nothing other than exorcising the Catholic out of an institution of higher learning. Improbable as it is.

It would almost be enough to make me sing out "Nñmnnniññnm hell in cock sucks mother your succeed will we and legion are we goo goo goojoobbb" and spew out pea soup out of sheer joy.

Couldn't agree more.

I hope they succeed, but probably not for the reason they think.

It says in the article that Georgetown requires all of its students to take two theology courses. How do those work at a Catholic university? Do "Well, that shit doesn't make any sense" type of answers get failing grades? If not, is that the kind of thing that Blatty is trying to have stopped?

It is my impression Blatty is one of the conservo Catholics demanding the University be stripped of its Catholic seal of authenticity (so to speak) because it wasn't pure enough or something.

It is my impression Blatty is one of the conservo Catholics demanding the University be stripped of its Catholic seal of authenticity (so to speak) because it wasn't pure enough or something.

The important thing is that he is causing conflict and discord and helping to make Catholics look bad.

How would exorcism of a cat even work? Since they are demons, would there be anything left after the exorcism ritual?

;)
Cats are angels; some are fallen angels, but only a very few. Now, dogs, that's a different matter: a hellhound is far more fearsome than a hellcat (characters embodied by the young Ann-Margret excepted).

How would exorcism of a cat even work? Since they are demons, would there be anything left after the exorcism ritual?

;)
Cats are angels; some are fallen angels, but only a very few. Now, dogs, that's a different matter: a hellhound is far more fearsome than a hellcat (characters embodied by the young Ann-Margret excepted).
and they come in greater variety too
hellhound.png

Back
Top Bottom