• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Windows 10

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
I got a new (To me) computer and I want to install windows 10 on it. If you have a windows 10 disk I'd like to buy it from you. I can't for the life of me find mine.

I got a take home computer from work that had Windows 7 on it. I can't remember anything anymore with much detail. I think I tried the USB, but that didn't work. Then I burned a disc and that did work. Or maybe it was the other way around. But Windows 10 is on it, no money expended.

I got a take home computer from work that had Windows 7 on it. I can't remember anything anymore with much detail. I think I tried the USB, but that didn't work. Then I burned a disc and that did work. Or maybe it was the other way around. But Windows 10 is on it, no money expended.
I got a new (To me) computer and I want to install windows 10 on it. If you have a windows 10 disk I'd like to buy it from you. I can't for the life of me find mine.
You could try making a Win10 bootable USB.

I've already done that with a download from MS but I need a license key and I can't for the life of me find my Win 10 disk with the license on it.

I've already done that with a download from MS but I need a license key and I can't for the life of me find my Win 10 disk with the license on it.
You can install Windows 10 without a licence key. It will have some restrictions (some features are switched off) and it will occasionally nag you to buy a licence, but it might be OK for your needs. At least until you find a Win 10 key.

That's odd, because I didn't need one.

That's odd, because I didn't need one.
You don't need one if you're updating from 7 but you do need one if doing a fresh install.

Got it. I thought that 10 from 7 thing ended at some point. Apparently not.

You can also use the windows 10 Accessibility version. You can get windows, whatever the new version is, for free assuming you're willing to have at least some accessibility features turned on.

I'm lazy though so you have to Google it for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom