• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Woman Photographed Flipping Off Trump Fired By Employer

The Regressive Right is up to their usual antics. I am surprised she didn't get death threats online.

On the other hand, I can see the company's point. This is a vindictive administration. I can really see them canceling contracts because the disrespect went viral.

The WH will say that they've reviewed the needs and trimmed the spending, but Trump will tweet 'hurts to be caught on camra, don't it!"

So this non-staged event (no security closing access to the road?) in public, of a woman (picture taken from behind) flipping off the President...'s motorcade. And she gets fired?

That is absurd.

So this non-staged event (no security closing access to the road?) in public, of a woman (picture taken from behind) flipping off the President...'s motorcade. And she gets fired?

That is absurd.

But its okay because she wasn't a google dudebro.

She got fired for violating her employers social media policy:

her bosses called her into a meeting and said she had violated the company’s social media policy by using the photo as her profile picture on Twitter and Facebook

SHE used the photo inappropriately. I suspect that shirt she is wearing is a company tee shirt that identifies the employer.. .and that is where the issue is. NOT of her flipping off the president, but of her "representing" her company on social media in an unapproved manner.

But, of course, our idiot pres representin' our nation with his tantrums, abusive name calling, lies, lies, lies, more lies, ghoulish hacks like Bannon, Nuclear Truth or Dare...that's not only normal, it's in the American tradition.

her bosses called her into a meeting and said she had violated the company’s social media policy by using the photo as her profile picture on Twitter and Facebook

SHE used the photo inappropriately.
In her defense, it went viral without her. She doesn't seem too broken up about being let go though.
I suspect that shirt she is wearing is a company tee shirt that identifies the employer.
The text on the back looks too long... and too illegible.
and that is where the issue is. NOT of her flipping off the president, but of her "representing" her company on social media in an unapproved manner.
Yeah, and in Virginia, apparently that is just fine. Granted, I almost never ever mention work on social media.

SHE used the photo inappropriately. I suspect that shirt she is wearing is a company tee shirt that identifies the employer.. .and that is where the issue is. NOT of her flipping off the president, but of her "representing" her company on social media in an unapproved manner.

Yeah. It looks like there's a brand on that shirt.

Wearing a company logo while doing something like what she did is not a smart move!

It was not a company shirt. There was absolutely no connection between anything in the photo and her company. She simply gave her employer a "heads-up" that it was her in the photo, and she was quickly terminated.

And she's also received threat, of course.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca..._story.html?tid=pm_pop&utm_term=.33408895b94d

- - - Updated - - -

Wearing a company logo while doing something like what she did is not a smart move!

Of course there's a brand on the shirt. It's quite a leap to assume it's her company, and to assume that she somehow made them look bad. They've done that on their own.

akima-squarelogo-1407856794838.png

above is company logo. it looks nothing like and is different color than image on t-shirt.

They need to look up the Streisand Effect.

She should have just said what she did was normal locker-room antics, that everyone does it.

What a moron.

You should be nice to your fellow posters lest they also insult you and this devolves into an insultfest.

In Loren's defense, he was trying really, really hard to justify the company's decision and therefore to connect the woman's actions with the company's image. But he was wrong. That single instance in and of itself does not make him a moron, but his I.Q. ought not be something we discuss here anyway.

Doesn't look like the http://www.akima.com/ logo to me.

It doesn't matter what she was wearing, she's a moron. But she should not have lost her job over it.

The story said the photo was taken by a White House photographer, so how was she able to get it and use it on social media.

Later,
electEngr

The person in the motorcade that took the picture posted it and it went totally viral from there. At that point, no one was in trouble... it was when she got a hold of the picture (after it being widely disseminated), and did something inappropriate with it.

Back
Top Bottom