• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Yoga and Fascism

Yeah, the police started interfering in the affairs of Hijras during the British colonial rule and only in the areas governed by them. Nothing like that could happen in native states, because the rulers would not allow that and take strict action against the police.

main-qimg-38780e5c2ba94d6acbcef25cb7e0bb21-lq

Yeah, the police started interfering in the affairs of Hijras during the British colonial rule and only in the areas governed by them. Nothing like that could happen in native states, because the rulers would not allow that and take strict action against the police.

main-qimg-38780e5c2ba94d6acbcef25cb7e0bb21-lq
Which was my point in diming out western views on sexuality and sex and gender as being the perpetrator of a large number of bad things done to trans people and eunuchs in particular... Despite some rather significant parts of their source material saying "eunuchs are great, be a eunuch if you can".

Well, I have heard that some sects in Hinduism think monks becoming eunuch will rid a person of sexual depravities. I do not think it works that way.
Well, yoga is a physical exercise and mental control, and is not necessarily associated with religion. I am sort of lukewarm towards the physical exercise idea (I would prefer a gym), but IMHO, it is real good for mental control.

Well, I have heard that some sects in Hinduism think monks becoming eunuch will rid a person of sexual depravities. I do not think it works that way.
Well, yoga is a physical exercise and mental control, and is not necessarily associated with religion. I am sort of lukewarm towards the physical exercise idea (I would prefer a gym), but IMHO, it is real good for mental control.
It does not rid people of "sexual depravity".

What it does rid them of is a great deal of the biological goad to seek sexual fulfillment, particularly with other people. In this way, it can rid acts of sexual stupidity performed through biologically driven sexual desperation.

I think the "sinners in the hands of an angry God" thread outlines my thoughts through hyperbolic inverse as befits the "depravity" part.

Humans are literally goaded to need sex, or else become progressively more deranged, especially from testosterone. This is what castration removes, in addition to various stuff geared towards fulfilling such deranged notions.

There is a Big Mouth episode "No Nut November" that, in all its gloriousness fucked-up-ness captures this "depravity" in full, animated, color.

Once someone has, in their sexual derangement, convinced themselves utterly that black is white, up is down, and children can consent to sex, though, permanent damage has been done. Even if they are castrated, while castration might help them to not feel a biological pressure to do so, they may very well still have the psychological desire to rape children, and they do still have the ability.

So you are right in that respect, of what castration cannot remove. It can remove progressive derangement, or at least reduce it, but it cannot remove evil belief.

As for yoga, yeah, it's just exercise that requires a lot of mental control. In some ways I can see why people would build a religion around that. Throughout history, societies have a way of spawning religions around any new outgrowth of advantageous behavior.

Make a poem with hidden knowledge? Suddenly you have a religion around poetry and skalds.

Make a connection that people should love each other in a society where societal boundaries should be ignored for the sake interpersonal strength? Sure, let's make a religion around that too.

Humans are wired to build religions around things they think help them, because historically, religion is how ideas like that got retained. Religion was THE prescientific way to retain ideas. Pretty much every such beneficial activity from before 400-500 years ago is going to be religiously flavored or claimed. That or retained as a guild secret, which is almost worse.

Back
Top Bottom