• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

You are a god and you created a species.

Now they seem more powerful than you are. What do you do?
Usually gods create the whole world.... then you could just destroy that world..... or at least pause or freeze it....

If you created the species within your own world you could try and destroy them or disable them - or in the worst case scenario try and be on good terms with them so they don't want to harm you.... or you could hide.....

I don't know, but someday we are doing to find out...

...and that's not even talking about artificial intelligence.

Now they seem more powerful than you are. What do you do?
Usually gods create the whole world.... then you could just destroy that world..... or at least pause or freeze it....

If you created the species within your own world you could try and destroy them or disable them - or in the worst case scenario try and be on good terms with them so they don't want to harm you.... or you could hide.....
I don't think I've ever... Well,.let's just say that some dark shit happened in universes I have created, not the least of which the strange events of dwarves who just kind of appeared one day, and every week for a month they just walked out into the nearby pool and jumped into it until they drowned.

Then when one did not drown, they went back into the fort, stole all the artifacts of their whole civilization, often made at great cost, and fucked off into the wilderness.

The worst they could do to me is if they could jailbreak the simulation and run amok on the OS, but more likely than success is "crashing the simulation", and there's not anything in there approaching conscious thought. The field geometries do not have the mechanisms to allow it to rise.

If they could though, I've wondered and even written stories what they would do to me if they got their hands on me, and got enough agency and had their fundamental core processes implemented in meat with a bunch more meat around it, along with a conscious feedback and mechanisms such as to tend which meat is connected how, and to what, in some respects, as is contained in an active human mind.

In one of them, the dwarves killed me and used my blood to make The Mead of Suttungr, and I became a Lich.

I'm not dumb enough to ever claim I'm a god to anything I make though, and if I make life, I make it with the intent either for it to be my equal, or for it to eventually become meat and meat by-products (like leather), a disgusting bag of hide covering a collection of muscles bound on either end to a tendon, attached to a titanium beam and thusly to a turbine, and on the other end to another such disgusting bag of hide around organs that drive it to pump the turbine, by orders of a silicon chip, with nowhere in this thing containing enough neurons for a core behavioral loop.

If I make anything that thinks, I will not treat it as a slave.

Back
Top Bottom