• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Frans de Waal dead at 75

Don't you think that science should be taught in the public schools?
Heh. Of course. Also, Students should be taught that science is a methodology, not a set of facts or experimental protocols. It doesn’t live in ivory towers.

But I think an understanding of basic physics should be required for a drivers license. Etc. :)
I can think of a few people who apparently don't understand that you can't fit a 2.5m wide bus through a 2.45m wide gap...
In Melbourne we have the Montague St bridge (in Sth Melbourne) which appears to have been hit more times that any other bridge in Australia.
And http://howmanydayssincemontaguestreetbridgehasbeenhit.com/
Though its height is a problem for far too many wallies.
Our equivalent is the Moorooka Death Trap, a low bridge under the railway a few hundred metres from the Brisbane Market. It's an unusual week if no trucks hit the bridge.

(The Death Trap moniker comes from the tendency of that section of road to suffer extremely rapid flash flooding; I once encountered a police officer whose car was inundated there, while he was busy putting up flood warning signs. He didn't find it as funny as I did.)

Back
Top Bottom