• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged Gaza just launched an unprovoked attack on Israel

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
As to using it in a dirty bomb - I think it definitely could be done. Store it in some lead until ready to assemble. Use some disposable idiot for final assembly - preferably one who doesn't know much about radiation. Use another idiot to put in in place. Who cares if they drop dead later? They will get their virgins - or so they believe.

Given modern advances in robotics and drones, I don't think anyone has to be within 100 yards of the device to deliver the bomb to the target.

It's one of the scary things about the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The degree to which drones are advancing, becoming both cheap and effective.
Tom
Maybe you could dangle it on a long rope but you can't strap it to the drone and expect the drone to function. Typical chips will error under that kind of radiation flux.

Have you explained the faked attack? Do you even have enough understanding of military stuff to understand why I called one of the strikes fake?
The IDF admitted it killed the food aid workers and the ambulance going to the aid of a child. Why would the IDF be mistaken about what they did?
They have apologized before for things later shown to be fake. If it's possible for them to have done it they tend to apologize before all the facts are in.

And it's only one of the three that's clearly faked. The others we do not know.
We have more evidence the IDF killed the food aid workers and the 3 Israeli hostages than you have that any incident was faked.
I've already pointed out why one of the strikes is fake. Like with the ambulance some years ago the press never picked up on it.
You've handwaved away evidence. If the past is any guide, you will continue to handwave away any evidence that disagrees with your bias.
I pointed out what was wrong with it, I didn't handwave it.....
You pointed out what you feel is wrong with it by playing on likelihoods. You are neither unbiased nor a military expert. You dismiss any hint that the IDF may have done something wrong. There is no compelling rationale to accept your apologia over an IDF apology.
I'm saying it looks very much like the ambulance which the experts eventually showed was faked.

@LaughingDog

I can't find your post where you asked for the link but I did find your post:

Now, is this an admission that any civilian deaths are unacceptable, or is it an attempt to derail?

Aid for Gaza? Hamas says no!

Absolutely no reason to fire on it other than to make the people suffer.

@LaughingDog

Now, is this an admission that any civilian deaths are unacceptable, or is it an attempt to derail?
Neither to yet another of your ironic excluded middle fallacies.

Last edited:
In war-battered Gaza, residents grow angry with Hamas

JERUSALEM — More than six months into the war in Gaza and with dimming hopes for a cease-fire deal, Palestinians there are growing more critical of Hamas, which some of them blame for the months-long conflict that has destroyed the territory — and their lives.

The war has displaced most of the Gaza Strip’s population, killed tens of thousands of people and pushed the enclave toward famine, its infrastructure in ruins. The Israeli military waged a punishing campaign to eliminate Hamas after the group, which has ruled Gaza for 17 years, attacked Israel on Oct. 7, killing an estimated 1,200 people and abducting more than 250.

But while the majority of Palestinians in Gaza blame Israel for their suffering, according to polling conducted in March, they also appear to be turning their ire toward the militants. In interviews with more than a dozen residents of Gaza, people said they resent Hamas for the attacks in Israel and — war-weary and desperate to fulfill their basic needs — just want to see peace as soon as possible.

JERUSALEM — More than six months into the war in Gaza and with dimming hopes for a cease-fire deal, Palestinians there are growing more critical of Hamas, which some of them blame for the months-long conflict that has destroyed the territory — and their lives.

The war has displaced most of the Gaza Strip’s population, killed tens of thousands of people and pushed the enclave toward famine, its infrastructure in ruins. The Israeli military waged a punishing campaign to eliminate Hamas after the group, which has ruled Gaza for 17 years, attacked Israel on Oct. 7, killing an estimated 1,200 people and abducting more than 250.

But while the majority of Palestinians in Gaza blame Israel for their suffering, according to polling conducted in March, they also appear to be turning their ire toward the militants. In interviews with more than a dozen residents of Gaza, people said they resent Hamas for the attacks in Israel and — war-weary and desperate to fulfill their basic needs — just want to see peace as soon as possible.
That cannot be true - according to all the experts, Hamas has overwhelmingly support from the population of Gaza. That’s why there has been no need for elections since 2007.

That cannot be true - according to all the experts, Hamas has overwhelmingly support from the population of Gaza. That’s why there has been no need for elections since 2007.
That's what the article says.
"Palestinians there are growing more critical of Hamas,".

Who knows? Maybe Palestinians in general, and Gazans in particular, are starting to realize that Zionists are not the villains and Hamas the heroes.
It would be a change though.
Tom

Who knows? Maybe Palestinians in general, and Gazans in particular, are starting to realize that Zionists are not the villains and Hamas the heroes.
Or more likely they think that both Hamas and Israel are bad. They are not exactly jumping for joy at Israel's murderous attacks and blockading a lot of aid. Are they saying "I'd love it if Israel drops a bomb on my head"?

Or more likely they think that both Hamas and Israel are bad. They are not exactly jumping for joy at Israel's murderous attacks and blockading a lot of aid. Are they saying "I'd love it if Israel drops a bomb on my head"?
I am not that competent at explaining what Gazans think.
You go ahead and explain to me what they've decided.
Or what they did back when Hamas was building their military installations.
Or whatever.

Honestly, I don't believe anyone who claims to know what people on the other side of the world mean and believe.
Not anyone who can speak English.
Tom

That's what the article says.

Tom
It also supports the notion that opposition to Hamas can endanger your life, therefore polls cannot be trusted.

@LaughingDog

It's a binary situation, there's no middle to exclude.

Support for 10/7 declined from 57% to 71%? I'm having a hard time finding the question.

It also supports the notion that opposition to Hamas can endanger your life, therefore polls cannot be trusted.
Note that 90% are saying the local Palestinian group (which is Hamas) is discriminating in who they provide it to. Looks like the questions are being answered honestly.

@LaughingDog

In your comic book view of the world, that is a valid conclusion. But we are in the real world, so there is almost a thick middle.

if the Gazans didn’t support Hamas they would have risen up and overthrown them. Similar to how we can assume that any Republicans that didn’t invade the Capitol on Jan 6th must be Biden supporters. Right?

@LaughingDog

In your comic book view of the world, that is a valid conclusion. But we are in the real world, so there is almost a thick middle.
Where's the middle?

1) It is tolerable for an attack to kill an innocent.

2) It is not tolerable for an attack to kill an innocent.

You took position #2.

@LaughingDog

Where's the middle?

1) It is tolerable for an attack to kill an innocent.

2) It is not tolerable for an attack to kill an innocent.

You took position #2.
No, I did not. Perhaps if you’d produce my statements that apparently misled you, this confusion of yours can be cleared up.

Back
Top Bottom