• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

South Dakota governer executed her puppy because she didn't like it

Axulus

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Right leaning skeptic
South Dakota governer included the tale in her book to show she is willing to do the "difficult, messy and ugly [psychopathic] things"

Her 14 month old puppy chased some phasants and attacked some chickens. She decided it needed the death penalty for these infractions and carried out the execution herself.

She is under consideration for Trump's VP

https://apnews.com/article/kristi-noem-book-dog-killing-081bd1d6e73fba046ea7fb534da1c79e

She was just illustrating her badassness. Make America 1890 again.

She should have taken the unruly mutt to the pound so someone else could kill it. You know, like modern day, normal people. She must think we live in Old Yeller times.

Bragging that one is a shitty and murderous pet owner reveals a rather seamy side to her personality.

Apparently, she has no friends or neighbors whi might take the puppy nor can she be bothered to train her puppy.

All good Repubs know that God gave us stewardship over the animals. Didn't Romney drive 12 hours with his dog caged on the roof of his car? Didn't Melania's gift to Donald of a Pomeranian end up suffocated under one of his man boobs?
This is how God intended things, folks. Milk-fed veal, raised in a crate and then bolt-shot in the head for your dinner plate: a most holy yummm. All those woke tree-huggers don't know what they're missing.

Bragging that one is a shitty and murderous pet owner reveals a rather seamy side to her personality.

Apparently, she has no friends or neighbors whi might take the puppy nor can she be bothered to train her puppy.
But the dog wasn’t a pet. It was supposed to be a hunting dog ( in training) and she found it not only unsuitable for hunting but destructive towards chickens, which are actually egg and meat producers on many farms.

I am NOT suggesting by any means that she did the right thing or the only thing she could do or even an acceptable under the circumstances kind of thing. I’m saying that the mindset is different for someone who keeps dogs as working animals rather than family pets. The dog going after chickens was the same as a coyote going after chickens—to her. I’m not saying that she was right or reasonable. I’m just saying that it’s a different mind set. Not one I agree with.
The fact is that some dogs have a very strong prey drive. This is not necessarily something that can be ‘trained’ out of them. Such dogs need to be in a different environment for their own safety and wellbeing, not to mention the chickens’.

A decent human being would have offered up the dog as a family pet, not on a farm where it might encounter the same drive to go after chickens. Certainly not have put it down in front of a construction crew and bragged about it in a book.

Seems kind of out of the way to go to a gravel pit to kill a dog. I doubt she was already at the gravel pit. Further I would think there would be limited assess to the pit with some gate across the access road. Who knows. Maybe she owns the gravel pit. It’s South Dakota. She could have killed it just about anywhere, I reckon.
The dog story may or may not be true. The little fella is tangential to the larger point of having an anecdote that owns the bleeding heart liberals to sell books. I can’t imagine there is a very large audience for her book.

Seems kind of out of the way to go to a gravel pit to kill a dog. I doubt she was already at the gravel pit. Further I would think there would be limited assess to the pit with some gate across the access road. Who knows. Maybe she owns the gravel pit. It’s South Dakota. She could have killed it just about anywhere, I reckon.
The dog story may or may not be true. The little fella is tangential to the larger point of having an anecdote that owns the bleeding heart liberals to sell books. I can’t imagine there is a very large audience for her book.
Well, there is now.

Marketing achieved. In two senses.

The thing is it doesn't even sound like she gave much of any attempt to train it. Her idea of training was to have it watch older hunting dogs and model their behavior. And as others have mentioned there are many people who would take it as a pet. Wirehaired pointers are usually worth decent money on the pet market. She treats animals as tools that she can dispose of when they don't meet her requirements. She claimed it was "hard and messy" to kill it but it appears it was no harder to her than disposing of a used napkin.

Conservatives love making "hard choices" with fatal consequences, it's baked into the frontier mythos like ketchup on hardtack. Growing up in Republican land, it seemed like everything from swimming to driving to shooting was communicated through a pedagogy of sink or swim.

I quite agree. Likewise, "toss them in and see who survives" is possibly the laziest conceivable strategy for teaching literally teaching someone to swim, but if you call it tough love you don't have to feel guilty about it. It was all for them, right?

The conservative in this instance made the easy choice. The “hard” option was to take the time and care to properly train the dog.
It seems that the conservative understood that sometimes we have to choose the death of an innocent when circumstances indicate that it is for the greater good.

The conservative in this instance made the easy choice the evolutionary Darwin decision based on only fittest will survive. Removing a chicking eating dog from the reproduction pool of other fit animals who don't eat chickens.

The “hard” option was to take the time and care to properly train the dog. show Christian compassion, to save a dog that is not nearly as fit as others .
Honestly, I love animals myself and believe they are Gods gift to all of us. But for all the do gooders out there, at least be more honest with what this is all really about. Because there are real consequences even for acting compassionate.

The thing is it doesn't even sound like she gave much of any attempt to train it. Her idea of training was to have it watch older hunting dogs and model their behavior. And as others have mentioned there are many people who would take it as a pet. Wirehaired pointers are usually worth decent money on the pet market. She treats animals as tools that she can dispose of when they don't meet her requirements. She claimed it was "hard and messy" to kill it but it appears it was no harder to her than disposing of a used napkin.

Why not, though? Puppies do not have souls like humans do. The Lord Allahovahweh created Earth for man to rule over and do what he will. Then he created plants and then the Sun or something like that. So, basically what I'm saying is the only thing she did wrong was that she should have consulted with her husband first.

Back
Top Bottom