• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

South Dakota governer executed her puppy because she didn't like it

The conservative in this instance made the easy choice the evolutionary Darwin decision based on only fittest will survive. Removing a chicking eating dog from the reproduction pool of other fit animals who don't eat chickens.

The “hard” option was to take the time and care to properly train the dog. show Christian compassion, to save a dog that is not nearly as fit as others .
Honestly, I love animals myself and believe they are Gods gift to all of us. But for all the do gooders out there, at least be more honest with what this is all really about. Because there are real consequences even for acting compassionate.
WTF are babbling about Darwinian selection? as Politesse pointed out, this is not about evolution or survival of the fittest.

It is about a smug stupid lazy jackass who confuses her incompetence with “making a hard choice”.
Of course it is about evolution. Humans (both smart and stupid) are an integral part of the theory of evolution just like the rest of the animal knigdom. Human actors also affect other animals as part of their natural selection. If a human kills a dog how is that any difference to a shark killing a dumb human in its waters?

The whole point of evolution is to sift out the non fit actors who should not reproduce.
Appeal to nature fallacy. YAWN. 🥱

The conservative in this instance made the easy choice the evolutionary Darwin decision based on only fittest will survive. Removing a chicking eating dog from the reproduction pool of other fit animals who don't eat chickens.

The “hard” option was to take the time and care to properly train the dog. show Christian compassion, to save a dog that is not nearly as fit as others .
Honestly, I love animals myself and believe they are Gods gift to all of us. But for all the do gooders out there, at least be more honest with what this is all really about. Because there are real consequences even for acting compassionate.
WTF are babbling about Darwinian selection? as Politesse pointed out, this is not about evolution or survival of the fittest.

It is about a smug stupid lazy jackass who confuses her incompetence with “making a hard choice”.
Of course it is about evolution. Humans (both smart and stupid) are an integral part of the theory of evolution just like the rest of the animal knigdom. Human actors also affect other animals as part of their natural selection. If a human kills a dog how is that any difference to a shark killing a dumb human in its waters?

The whole point of evolution is to sift out the non fit actors who should not reproduce.
Evolution has no point(purpose) it only has a process, Rvonse. Please, educate yourself.

Anyways my aunt kept chickens like many/most farm wives of the era, including both my grandmothers.

Never, and I mean never did any of the many dogs at my uncles’ ( including beagles, coon hounds and various bird dogs) ever, ever, ever get into the chicken yard which was quite large, actually. Nor did they ever run the cattle, either. So, it was poor management on her part that there ever was a problem.
I grew up in the same environment and never recall a dog problem like BangBang's. Also, the Korean dictator's grandfather lived just down the street and we would talk about old times regularly. :rolleyes:

^^This

I didn't grow up myself on a farm or ranch, but I did grow up in a rural area where ranching and farming were the lifeblood of the local economy, and many of my classmates were sons and daughters of farmers and ranchers, and active participants in their parents' work. So, "putting down" (or to use the vernacular from this thread, "murdering", "executing") livestock, predators or other animals (even beloved pets at the end of their life) was pretty routine. The reasons included food (obviously), illness, injury, behaviorial issues, etc. It was just part of the ranching lifestyle, and we didn't consider such people "pyschopathic". I can see it would seem disturbing to those who aren't accustomed to it. I recall one of my classmates grew up as a city girl in LA and moved to my community when she was about 11. She was invited to a classmate's ranch for her birthday party, and while the kids were playing games, she heard a terrible commotion and animal squeeling noises behind her. She turned around to see her friends' brothers and father slaughtering a pig in the back of a pickup truck, with gallons of blood leaking out at the bottom of the tailgate. She said she hadn't seen that much blood in one spot until the movie Carrie came out! She was a bit disturbed and taken aback but the other ranching classmates barely batted an eye. IIRC, the pig was roasted that night for the birthday party meal. I guess they could have had beans and rice and birthday cake instead and saved an innocent pig's life? :unsure:

In my own family, our dog (barely past being a puppy) got loose and chased and bit an 11 year old girl walking home from school. This was after several earlier close calls, and generally aggressive behavior toward strangers. My dad took him to the pound the next day, and us kids were bawling. We had only one dog pound in our little town, and it was NOT a "no-kill" shelter (not even sure if that was ever a thing back in the mid-70's). I understand now why he did it. Lawsuits, possibility of serious injuries and maiming...it just wasn't worth dealing with, while he had a family to raise. I guess this makes him a "psychopathic murderer" like KN? I think this whole thing is overblown. IMHO KN's big mistake was not in putting her aggressive dog (or goat) down at her own hands, but writing about it in a boastful manner like its pertinent to being a good politician or leader. That was pretty weak.
My father came up on a cotton farm in Winchester, Arkansas and I spent many summers up there with my grandparents. I've helped slaughter food animals and I've also had dogs as pets my entire life. If you raise that food animal in a humane way and they have one bad day, that's totally acceptable. If you get a family dog and you're too lazy or don't have the desire to train it properly or show it the affection it desires from its pack then it's your fault that it had to be put down. Obviously not TheBeaves fault in this case but more generally speaking.

You can typically tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals.

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is doubling down on her decision to shoot and kill her 14-month-old dog, Cricket, 20 years ago, saying that she shot the “dangerous” dog in order to protect her children.
“We were her second chance,” Noem said Wednesday evening on Fox News’ “Hannity.” “The day she was put down was a day that she massacred livestock that were part of our neighbors.

"Massacred livestock"??? :confused-new: Is this how to describe a non-lethal attack against a single chicken? Netanyahu has killed or maimed 100,000 human Palestinians, but the same Ilk that allies with the Governor of South What-the-Fuck needs to change their diapers whenever words like "massacre" are applied to Netanyahu's atrocities.

But let's be fair here. Had the happy puppy who liked to play with chickens been pregnant with a deformed foetus, then the glamorous Governor of the Great State of South What-the-Fuck would surely have done as the Baby Jesus would have wished. She would have waited until the predator gave birth . . . then assassinated both mother and child.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

[off-topic] Full Disclaimer: We had several dogs at my hermitage in rural Thailand, and they developed a taste for chicken. Unlike the heroic gun-toting Leader of What-the-Fuck we didn't resort to capital punishment; we just ensured that the ringleaders were confined after night-fall. (We had suspicion, but no proof, that one of the neighbors did attempt to poison our dog(s).)

Our neighbors did have good reason to down-play our faults and those of our dogs. My wife was always very generous with them and I once drove the chicken-owner's wife at high speed to a distant hospital, probably saving her life. She had drunk a bottle of insecticide in despair that her husband had become a methamphetamine addict. (The meth addict has since reformed and even become a minor government official.)

The financial value of the meth addict's hens was probably minimal, but I did advise him to keep his prize roosters confined. Cock-fighting is a major gambling sport in rural Thailand, and this guy was proud of his best cock.
Yes, let's be fair and since we are off topic, mention that Hamas attacked Israel and continues to refuse to release hostages or to agree to a ceasefire. I feel for the people of Palestine as I feel for every people inhabiting land invaded by bloodthirsty and hostile foreign forces (including Israel and Ukraine) but not for Hamas which has sworn to kill all Jews world wide and somehow gets Israel labeled as engaging in genocide. But I digress...

I haven't read Noem's book so I don't actually know what she wrote/had written on her behalf but if a dog had gotten into a neighbor's henhouse and killed chickens or was otherwise harassing the neighbor's livestock, it is quite plausible that the neighbor would have demanded that the dog be put down. But even in that situation, Noem could have handled the situation more humanely by re-homing the dog to a non-ranch/farm family through any number of animal rescues. And then lied about it to the neighbors and simply not included it in her book. She is not adverse to lying, after all.

Many years ago, on a different and different type of forum, for some reason there was a discussion about guns, etc. and one poster let me know that men (at least a certain kind of man, especially him) found women who were 'tough' and who could handle a firearm to be wildly attractive. Noem is very attractive and among a certain type of person, this would be enhanced by her 'toughness' and willingness to handle business 'like a man.'

Full disclosure: I grew up with an uncle and a grandfather who farmed and hunted and shooting an injured animal or a vicious dog was the preferred method of putting the animal down. It was quick and cheap and there was no suffering, aside of course, from the impact. If you knew what you were doing (and they were expert shots) the pain was over very, very, very quickly. Of course, those were different times and a lot of the farmland where I grew up now houses warehouses and fulfillment centers instead of growing corn and soybeans or pasturing cattle as God intended so what do I know?

^^This

I didn't grow up myself on a farm or ranch, but I did grow up in a rural area where ranching and farming were the lifeblood of the local economy, and many of my classmates were sons and daughters of farmers and ranchers, and active participants in their parents' work. So, "putting down" (or to use the vernacular from this thread, "murdering", "executing") livestock, predators or other animals (even beloved pets at the end of their life) was pretty routine. The reasons included food (obviously), illness, injury, behaviorial issues, etc. It was just part of the ranching lifestyle, and we didn't consider such people "pyschopathic". I can see it would seem disturbing to those who aren't accustomed to it. I recall one of my classmates grew up as a city girl in LA and moved to my community when she was about 11. She was invited to a classmate's ranch for her birthday party, and while the kids were playing games, she heard a terrible commotion and animal squeeling noises behind her. She turned around to see her friends' brothers and father slaughtering a pig in the back of a pickup truck, with gallons of blood leaking out at the bottom of the tailgate. She said she hadn't seen that much blood in one spot until the movie Carrie came out! She was a bit disturbed and taken aback but the other ranching classmates barely batted an eye. IIRC, the pig was roasted that night for the birthday party meal. I guess they could have had beans and rice and birthday cake instead and saved an innocent pig's life? :unsure:

In my own family, our dog (barely past being a puppy) got loose and chased and bit an 11 year old girl walking home from school. This was after several earlier close calls, and generally aggressive behavior toward strangers. My dad took him to the pound the next day, and us kids were bawling. We had only one dog pound in our little town, and it was NOT a "no-kill" shelter (not even sure if that was ever a thing back in the mid-70's). I understand now why he did it. Lawsuits, possibility of serious injuries and maiming...it just wasn't worth dealing with, while he had a family to raise. I guess this makes him a "psychopathic murderer" like KN? I think this whole thing is overblown. IMHO KN's big mistake was not in putting her aggressive dog (or goat) down at her own hands, but writing about it in a boastful manner like its pertinent to being a good politician or leader. That was pretty weak.
Second to last sentence and you have finally caught up to the thread.

Of course, the difference would be the shark isn't saying killing a human in the water is a sign of its leadership quality.

Killer Shark 2024 - Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the voting booth...
Sharknado 6!

OMG
Unfortunately this is reality we're talking about...
Tom
Oh great, shark in a suit running for the GOP nomination, wins it, and in the General Election, former 90120 star and Tara Reid trying to convince the voters that "the guy" running for President is actually a shark. That seems just barely implausible as a plot for a Sharknado film. Just barely.

Killer Shark 2024 - Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the voting booth...
Sharknado 6!

OMG
Unfortunately this is reality we're talking about...
Tom
Oh great, shark in a suit running for the GOP nomination, wins it, and in the General Election, former 90120 star and Tara Reid trying to convince the voters that "the guy" running for President is actually a shark. That seems just barely implausible as a plot for a Sharknado film. Just barely.
If I mention "land shark", how badly am I dating myself?
Tom

Back
Top Bottom