• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

A recent New York Times poll shows that 52% think Trump is guilty in the Hush-money/Falsification trial. 51% agree that if convicted, Trump should go to prison.

52%. 51%. In olden days we called those majorities. But will these anti-Trumpers bother to vote?
This orange-colored traitor and sociopath is still favored to become President of the U.S.A. again. :eek: :realitycheck::flooffrown::kissbutt:
I'd like that but almost no one goes to prison for these crimes.
Tell that to Michael Cohen.

The important thing to try to remember here is that he was unsuccessful. (y)
Failure is not innocence. And likely to inspire a retry.
A couple of dozen people went walk about in the Capitol building. Mostly peaceful so I would say, not really a riot.
'Mostly peaceful'? It was a RIOT that got them in the building. Would the people who died call it peaceful?
Dude, Trump was kicked out of office in 2020. Stop acting like Trump actually managed to overturn the election.
Sucess or failure, It is still treason

If CNN can describe the BLM rampage across the USA as “mostly peaceful” then the same must apply to the handful of people that went walk about in the Capital building.
My niece arranged a BLM march here in my city. It was quite peaceful. The chief of police even joined the march.

The peaceful ones don't make the news.

Romney just said the would have pardoned Trump immediately if he was the next president and it was disappointing that Biden didn't do so.

Republicans. The party of personal responsibility. :rolleyes:
You may agree or disagree with Romney but his reasoning is one of electoral strategy, not about allowing Trump to shirk responsibility.

A recent New York Times poll shows that 52% think Trump is guilty in the Hush-money/Falsification trial. 51% agree that if convicted, Trump should go to prison.

52%. 51%. In olden days we called those majorities. But will these anti-Trumpers bother to vote?
This orange-colored traitor and sociopath is still favored to become President of the U.S.A. again. :eek: :realitycheck::flooffrown::kissbutt:
Oh, I absolutely hope Trump gets the same. However, the charges against Cohen were differant than what Trump is charged with. Trump is charged with First-degree falsifying business records (34 counts). Almost no one gets jail time for those charges. Cohen was charged with tax evasion and election interference.

Oh, I absolutely hope Trump gets the same. However, the charges against Cohen were differant than what Trump is charged with. Trump is charged with First-degree falsifying business records (34 counts). Almost no one gets jail time for those charges. Cohen was charged with tax evasion and election interference.
Yes. Falsifying records to cover up the crime that someone has already gone to jail for.

I don’t disagree with you, though, that he likely won’t go to jail if convicted.

52%. 51%. In olden days we called those majorities.
51 or 52% in a poll is within the likely margin of error, actually. Do you have a link to the poll?

If by "likely margin" you're referring to some 50% threshold, it is irrelevant. This is just a random illustrative poll.

In any case, the only majority that matters for Biden vs. Trump is not asking people about an issue in a poll, but rather the majority in the Electoral College. It takes 270 to win.

Biden needs 270, but IIUC Trump only needs 269. And, given the likelihood of post-November frauds, 260 or even less may be enough if Biden narrowly wins a state controlled by the QOP.

Earlier in the thread I gave some off-the-cuff guesstimates of likely outcomes. I'm afraid that even that assessment was overly optimistic.

Polymarket shows 52% vs 42% on the November result; Betfair 52% to 37%. Trump's advantage was much less even a week ago. What's happening? The trial is viewed as GOOD for Trump?

Romney just said the would have pardoned Trump immediately if he was the next president and it was disappointing that Biden didn't do so.

Republicans. The party of personal responsibility. :rolleyes:
You may agree or disagree with Romney but his reasoning is one of electoral strategy, not about allowing Trump to shirk responsibility.
Doesn't really matter. The effect is the same, allowing Trump to shirk responsibility. And no guarantee it would have kept Trump from winning the upcoming election.

The only thing it would guarantee would be Romney being a national pariah for the rest of his life, like Ford.

If by "likely margin" you're referring to some 50% threshold, it is irrelevant. This is just a random illustrative poll.
No, I meant the margin of error, which is usually 3-4 percentage points in these kinds of polls.
Biden needs 270, but IIUC Trump only needs 269. And, given the likelihood of post-November frauds, 260 or even less may be enough if Biden narrowly wins a state controlled by the QOP.
QOP?
Polymarket shows 52% vs 42% on the November result; Betfair 52% to 37%. Trump's advantage was much less even a week ago. What's happening? The trial is viewed as GOOD for Trump?
It is viewed as political. You have a far-left DA who doesn't want to prosecute even straightforward felonies as such, i.e. prosecuting armed robbery by a repeat offender as "petit theft". But now he is employing "novel legal theories" to prosecute straightforward misdemeanors as felonies, just because the defendant is a political opponent. It is not good optics, no matter whether it results in a conviction, acquittal, or (as is probably most likely) a hung jury.

Last edited:
The important thing to try to remember here is that he was unsuccessful. (y)
Failure is not innocence. And likely to inspire a retry.
A couple of dozen people went walk about in the Capitol building. Mostly peaceful so I would say, not really a riot.
'Mostly peaceful'? It was a RIOT that got them in the building. Would the people who died call it peaceful?
Dude, Trump was kicked out of office in 2020. Stop acting like Trump actually managed to overturn the election.
Sucess or failure, It is still treason

If CNN can describe the BLM rampage across the USA as “mostly peaceful” then the same must apply to the handful of people that went walk about in the Capital building.
My niece arranged a BLM march here in my city. It was quite peaceful. The chief of police even joined the march.

The peaceful ones don't make the news.

It has been reported violence only occurred in 6% of the BLM protests. As for those that there was violence, we do know of agitators causing trouble to blame on the protesters, and of course police initiated violence at some.

It has been reported violence only occurred in 6% of the BLM protests. As for those that there was violence, we do know of agitators causing trouble to blame on the protesters, and of course police initiated violence at some.

Wasn't there a riot (in Seattle?) a few years ago where police actively cooperated with a white nationalist organization to blame neo-Nazi violence on BLM or Antifa?

The existence of braindead variations in no way casts doubt on the fact that orange man is indeed a malevolent prick.
Yeah it's just obvious to me the "orange man bad" reply is a thought-terminating cliche they use to deflect all criticism of Trump, and also predictable like all of their other stupid replies.
Like, they want to pretend that all the reasons for an extremely polar view of someone are invalidated by the polarity of the view.

Like, oftentimes when someone says something about someone else's mother being fat, it's just due to bias against the person... But sometimes the other person's mother really is a smelly, cantankerous, highly and sexually active (though otherwise lazy and disinterested) half-ton piece of flesh motivated purely by financial interests, and they really do have a need to reflect on that reality.

Trump being shitty motivated our feelings about his shittiness. Before this whole debacle I had some hope he could be something other than a criminal piece of trash, and he dashed those hopes on the rocks with every opportunity.

I don’t disagree with you, though, that he likely won’t go to jail if convicted.
Just keep him out of the white house, is all I ask of the situation.
If CNN can describe the BLM rampage across the USA as “mostly peaceful” then the same ...
I'm sure Faux Noise DOES describe J6 as “mostly peaceful”. But we know better.
Stop acting like Trump actually managed to overturn the election.
"The important thing to try to remember here is that he was unsuccessful."

No, The important thing to remember is that HE TRIED. That in itself is TREASON.
and he will try again.
Seven Republican governors also tried to send fake electors to congress that day.
112 more links on the Wikipedia page

. . .
No, I meant the margin of error, which is usually 3-4 percentage points in these kinds of polls.

Well, this makes your remark even more incomprehensible. If you're questioning whether the 52% 'guilty' is really greater than the 51% 'go to prison', then
(a) so what if it's not?
(b) it was presumably the same people answering both questions.
And you've apparently conceded that 51% isn't, magically, much larger than 49%.

I'm left to conclude that your 'margin of error' was just a reflex: You like to swamp posters with irrelevant rejoinders.
[Severe threat to democracy] if Biden narrowly wins a state controlled by the QOP.
QOP?
This is a good example of your swamping threads with pointless rejoinders. Even you are not so oblivious as to not know how "QOP" is used on this board. Yet you are compelled to trot out a passive-aggressive "QOP?"

New York Consolidated Laws Penal Law § 175.10 said:
Falsifying business records in the first degree

A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.

Falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony.

. . .

Well, this makes your remark even more incomprehensible. If you're questioning whether the 52% 'guilty' is really greater than the 51% 'go to prison', then
(a) so what if it's not?
(b) it was presumably the same people answering both questions.
And you've apparently conceded that 51% isn't, magically, much larger than 49%.

I'm left to conclude that your 'margin of error' was just a reflex: You like to swamp posters with irrelevant rejoinders.
[Severe threat to democracy] if Biden narrowly wins a state controlled by the QOP.
QOP?
This is a good example of your swamping threads with pointless rejoinders. Even you are not so oblivious as to not know how "QOP" is used on this board. Yet you are compelled to trot out a passive-aggressive "QOP?"
Dishonest brokers in conversation make trolling an art form. I think Derec may have gone to the same “debate” school as Barbos.

QOP?
It is viewed as political. You have a far-left DA who doesn't want to prosecute even straightforward felonies as such, i.e. prosecuting armed robbery by a repeat offender as "petit theft". But now he is employing "novel legal theories" to prosecute straightforward misdemeanors as felonies, just because the defendant is a political opponent. It is not good optics, no matter whether it results in a conviction, acquittal, or (as is probably most likely) a hung jury.
Anyone remember when Trump tried to get Zelensky to announce a fake investigation into Biden for crimes in Ukraine, for the hundreds of millions in military support? That is what a political witch hunt actually would look like.

Well that "6%" caused only around $2 billion in damages.

Back
Top Bottom