• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why you should vote for Trump

They blame Biden for the price of oil Duh! How does he manage to control the oil output around the world? What an amazing man! Sadly, too many people believe this shit. The only time gas prices were low during Trump's time in office was during the height of the pandemic when most people were staying home. Do any of these people understand the basics of supply and demand? People in my area drive a lot of gas guzzling trucks and SUVs. Of course that drives up the price of gas.
Biden is clearly at fault on the oil.

The thing is, Russia is a big exporter of fossil fuel. The war is messing with that and oil is very sensitive to supply and demand.

Thus by helping Ukraine resist he actually is driving up the price of gas. Trump would like to offer up Ukraine as a present for Putin, that probably would bring gas down.

This does not mean that Biden's wrong, though. Higher gas is simply part of the cost of defending Ukraine.
The war in Ukraine neither increased nor decreased supply or demand for oil. And after logistic disruptions in the first year of the war, oil prices have settled back as has the number of barrels produced.

Also, consider that with Ukraine striking Russian oil refineries, Russia is having to export more of their crude now that they might have refined for their own market.

I find it amusing when Americans complain about the price of gas (petrol in Australia) as our regular prices are similar to your peak prices, whilst our max price is much higher. There are a lot of taxes on Australian petrol.
I find it amusing when Australians complain about the price of petrol. When I moved here from the UK, petrol prices in the UK then were roughly what I pay for petrol in Brisbane now.

That was in 1994.
I find it amusing when people complain about other people complaining about things that they also complain about people complaining about.

Yeah, probably because I don't want me or my friends or my family to be murdered by a psychopath who would become a tyrant.

Yes, that’s EXACTLY what the POTUS gets to do. In the event that Trump does win I strongly advise you to move to Canada or some other country that will offer asylum.
But he wouldn't be POTUS. He would be dictator. Have you paid no attention to Project 2025?

It seems Brandon may have some minor flaws.

President Joe Biden averaged 38.7% job approval during his recently completed 13th quarter in office, which began on Jan. 20 and ended April 19. None of the other nine presidents elected to their first term since Dwight Eisenhower had a lower 13th-quarter average than Biden.

Gallup

Yeah, I should totally vote for this guy.
And your guy doesn't have minor flaws?

Or are minor flaws worse than epic flaws?

I find it amusing when Americans complain about the price of gas (petrol in Australia) as our regular prices are similar to your peak prices, whilst our max price is much higher. There are a lot of taxes on Australian petrol.
I find it amusing when Australians complain about the price of petrol. When I moved here from the UK, petrol prices in the UK then were roughly what I pay for petrol in Brisbane now.

That was in 1994.
Reminds me of someone complaining about property taxes to me in Ohio. I told them they had no idea how much higher they could be, and are, in the Northeast. People just like to complain. They get so accustomed to what they experience as being the only experience.

it certainly seems that everything I do buy is more expensive so that is what I focus on.
When were you born?

Has there ever been any period of time greater than a few months, where you have NOT seen prices go up? If so, you weren’t paying attention.

If you have noticed prices going up, who have you been blaming this whole time? Obama? Clinton?
Not Reagan, Bush, Bushbaby or Cheato obviously.

As a trivial matter, if you look at actual causes, the increased (global) inflation is a result of COVID, the mismanagement of which is undeniably Trump’s doing. Along with an estimated 800,000 unnecessarily dead Americans. And BTW Biden engineered the fastest economic recovery in the world.

But hey, I’m sure nobody died in Santa Monica, right?

"against climate change efforts" What a silly notion. Do you really think that the earth's climate should never change or something?
You seem to not care about what happens. Earth's climate changes for natural and human-caused reasons. The historical record shows swings in both directions that would be catastrophic--should intelligent dinosaurs not have deflected the KT impactor because it was natural?

Besides, it is clearly the result of our actions. On a year-by-year basis the natural jitter dominates. However, the jitter is variation around a base and human actions are actually altering the base. When the jitter is towards warm we get a peak year and then your side keeps pointing to it as the "end" of the warming. That is, until there's another peak to the jitter and we get another hottest year.

"against climate change efforts" What a silly notion. Do you really think that the earth's climate should never change or something?
You seem to not care about what happens. Earth's climate changes for natural and human-caused reasons. The historical record shows swings in both directions that would be catastrophic--should intelligent dinosaurs not have deflected the KT impactor because it was natural?

Besides, it is clearly the result of our actions. On a year-by-year basis the natural jitter dominates. However, the jitter is variation around a base and human actions are actually altering the base. When the jitter is towards warm we get a peak year and then your side keeps pointing to it as the "end" of the warming. That is, until there's another peak to the jitter and we get another hottest year.
Indeed, global warming skeptics are engaging in pseudo science. The evidence is overwhelming that climate change is real and man made. Its impact could be catastrophic for us.

What I find especially puzzling is that even if you are a climate change skeptic, that would mean you would support Trump at all costs? The Paris and Kyoto Protocols may impact you somewhat, but are you willing to vote for a fascist dictator because he won’t abide by them? Seriously? This is your sine qua non issue?

A fraction of the money in the vapor stock in Trump's fake media company could fund reconstruction of the bridge in Baltimore. But Trump will cash in as soon as the lock-out lapses. I read pundits saying/writing that Trump can't cash in without crashing the stock price. That might matter if the whole thing wasn't a giant grift. And tax payers and toll spenders will pay for the bridge and not the multinational company that destroyed it or any of the companies that require passage too and from the port.
What I'm shocked at is how so few people have short positions on this... It seems like a money maker for sure.

short positions are bet that stocks will crash, leaving those who hold "holding the bag" for everyone that took short positions
No. The problem is that the stock's behavior will not be natural. If simple market forces were in play taking a short position is a no-brainer--but it's most likely being manipulated as a way of funneling payoffs.

There's also the little detail that it's so heavily shorted that you'll pay a premium to be able to short it. In order to short a share of stock there must be someone else out there with a share of stock you can borrow. Oops--there are more people who want to short than there are shares available to borrow.

A fraction of the money in the vapor stock in Trump's fake media company could fund reconstruction of the bridge in Baltimore. But Trump will cash in as soon as the lock-out lapses. I read pundits saying/writing that Trump can't cash in without crashing the stock price. That might matter if the whole thing wasn't a giant grift. And tax payers and toll spenders will pay for the bridge and not the multinational company that destroyed it or any of the companies that require passage too and from the port.
What I'm shocked at is how so few people have short positions on this... It seems like a money maker for sure.

short positions are bet that stocks will crash, leaving those who hold "holding the bag" for everyone that took short positions
No. The problem is that the stock's behavior will not be natural. If simple market forces were in play taking a short position is a no-brainer--but it's most likely being manipulated as a way of funneling payoffs.

There's also the little detail that it's so heavily shorted that you'll pay a premium to be able to short it. In order to short a share of stock there must be someone else out there with a share of stock you can borrow. Oops--there are more people who want to short than there are shares available to borrow.
That's fair.

Gas has been basically flat for a long time. And pretty much what it was before things came apart.
I just listened to an interview with a fuel analyst. His prediction is that gas prices have peaked for the near future and will soon start falling, especially after refineries switch to the summer formulas.

Most groceries have similar regular prices (although eggs keep swinging wildly, often far above their old prices) but there are a lot fewer good sales. I think that's more marketing than price increases.
Wasn't there an incident recently where chickens by the millions had to be slaughtered due to some sort of disease?

Most groceries have similar regular prices (although eggs keep swinging wildly, often far above their old prices) but there are a lot fewer good sales. I think that's more marketing than price increases.
Wasn't there an incident recently where chickens by the millions had to be slaughtered due to some sort of disease?
I think there have been a couple. There is a nasty bird flu they're playing whack-a-mole with, so far it seems to be able to jump to cows to some degree. Fortunately, in humans the R0 is way, way less than one since the lethality make Covid look like a picnic.

Donald Trump has vowed to immediately halt offshore wind energy projects “on day one” of a new term as US president, in his most explicit threat yet to the industry and the latest in a series of promises to undo key aspects of the transition to cleaner energy. “We are going to make sure that that ends on day one,” Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee for November’s presidential election, said of the offshore wind farms. “I’m going to write it out in an executive order. It’s going to end on day one.”

Teh Gruaniad

(y)

Donald Trump has vowed to immediately halt offshore wind energy projects “on day one” of a new term as US president, in his most explicit threat yet to the industry and the latest in a series of promises to undo key aspects of the transition to cleaner energy. “We are going to make sure that that ends on day one,” Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee for November’s presidential election, said of the offshore wind farms. “I’m going to write it out in an executive order. It’s going to end on day one.”

Teh Gruaniad

(y)
And that's somehow supposed to be good?

Teh Gruaniad

(y)

Swizzle is still bowled over by Trump's masterful argument during the 2020 debate he had with Biden. In the video clip below, he explains his carefully thought out position on the subject. The birds. Let's not forget about all those dead birds!

Windows and cats are far bigger bird killers.

Trump had a conniption when wind turbines were put up off the coast of one of his golf courses in Ireland/Scotland. Not sure which. He found something bad that happens due to wind turbines and ran with it. And don't forget the noise causes cancer.

Does anybody really believe Trump gives a shit about birds?

"When he's playing the accordion, he's lying"
- some MSNBC commentator

It would be more helpful if there was some reliable indicator that he's NOT lying, if that is ever the case.

Teh Gruaniad

(y)

Swizzle is still bowled over by Trump's masterful argument during the 2020 debate he had with Biden. In the video clip below, he explains his carefully thought out position on the subject. The birds. Let's not forget about all those dead birds!

I think Swizzle is still convinced of Trump’s prediction that Biden would cause the markets to crash. Hit over 40,000 today - for a bit.

Swizzle is still bowled over by Trump's masterful argument during the 2020 debate he had with Biden.
God loves the easily amused.:love:

Swizzle is still convinced of Trump’s prediction that Biden would cause the markets to crash. Hit over 40,000 today

Yabut prices are at a record high too. When Trump was President, prices were lower.

(Of course when Obama was president, prices were EVEN LOWER, but swiz doesn't remember that)

Back
Top Bottom