• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A New and Improved God

Unknown Soldier

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Truth Seeker
Christians are fond of saying that their God is perfect, and Anselm in particular said that God is the greatest being we can think of. I disagree. The Bible God is far from perfect, and I can easily think of a new and improved God--a kinder and gentler deity. For starters, here's a quick list of ways that God could be made better:
  • Make God a beautiful female so women get a fair shake, and men have a God they want to shake.
  • She should love and treat well all people whether they believe in her or love her or not.
  • If she wants to be loved, then she should earn our love rather than demand it like a jealous despot.
  • She should grant us heaven right here and now rather than make us wait not knowing if we'll ever get there!
  • She should make sure her will is clear to all of us revealing that will to each of us as individuals.
I could go on, but that's enough for now. Obviously, Christians should realize that if this God is an improvement over their God, then their God cannot be perfect. To defend the faith, Christians need to argue for why their God is better than this God. What's wrong with a female God who treats women equally to men? Why object to a God who not only loves and saves Christians but loves and saves everybody? Why not prefer a God you love because she's lovable rather than have your God demand love on pain of severe punishment if you don't love him? Why in the world would you want to suffer now rather than end your suffering right away or never suffer at all? Finally, why fight with other believers over a confusing Bible written by men who could be deceivers? Wouldn't a God who speaks to you clearly be better?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom