• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Alex Walker ad

Things may have changed, but back in 1980, FCC regulations prohibited censorship of political material provided by candidates.

I remember the uproar over Barry Commoner’s “bullshit” ad:

Can they actually show that on regular tv?
I think a better question would be, 'does anyone believe the ad would change anyone's mind?'

Sure, some of his supporters would think it is great and his opponents would think it is absurd but that isn't changing minds. What information does it actually give to sway an undecided voter?

It could actually repel some Democrat voters who don't like toilet jokes seeing them as crass.

Alex Walker entered this race late. And has to define himself quickly and decisively as to who he is and what his politics are. This ad sends a strong message. He needs a good voter turnout. Will this approach work? We are about to find out. The GOP is arguing he has tenous connection with the district. His message is that does not matter, Boobert's right winged incompetence is the issue that matters. Boobert's supporters love Boobert's empty grandstanding. She has now been outdone in that department. If I could vote there, I'd vote for Walker just to watch him taunt her afterwards. And two years at least of fireworks.

I saw this ad months ago. What effect has it had so far?
The effect of being one of five political ads that I've been exposed to in the whole last political cycle.

Walker is just one of three Democrats running in the primaries. He has $70K in the bank. Boobert has $2 million. So this is all just an ephermal but entertaining side show. Yes, Walker would probably be very entertaining in congress, but I doubt he is going to win this primary.

Back
Top Bottom