• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Andrew Yang

Jolly_Penguin

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Skeptic
His message is unique. He warns of the automation of trucking and retail. He pushes for universal basic income and explains how it will keep the economy booming. He doesn't speak in soundbites but has long in depth sensible conversations.

I am a fan. I would take him over Bernie, Biden, and the other contenders. I hope he gets a chance to shine in the debates and get his message out.

He doesn't speak in soundbites but has long in depth sensible conversations.
So he has a snowball's chance in hell then?

Of winning the nomination? Doubtful. Very doubtful. But he may get a chance to get his views into the mainstream the same way Bernie did in 2016.

Once his message gets out, I expect a reflexive aversion followed later maybe by acceptance and adoption. What he says sounds wild and extreme at first, but makes more and more sense the deeper it is looked into.

One word... Macron. Politics sucks, but if you try to insert businessmen into the position, it usually doesn't work well... because running businesses is nothing like running the Government. Just ask Macron.

Or Trump I suppose.

So that he's a businessman is going to be the go to attack against him during the primary? I doubt many Democrats will dare attack him on the issues, since thats got a good chance of backfiring and he's unlikely to win the nomination anyway, so not worth the risk.

As the herd thins, will the outsiders who remain get more of a legit shot? Will the nation finally hear Yang out if he makes it into the 4th debate?

As the herd thins, will the outsiders who remain get more of a legit shot? Will the nation finally hear Yang out if he makes it into the 4th debate?
We can't get UHC, you think Universal Income is going to get any traction?

Computers, automation, and efficiency is indeed a problem. It has been killing jobs left and right. Usually new things appear, but we are seeing the death of low information people work. And as AI gets perfected, the death of smart people work too. So universal income has to be a future because there won't be much in the way of jobs left.

But today? UHC is considered heresy forget about UI.

Back
Top Bottom