• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Anonymous Op-Ed Trump Admin "Senior Official" to publish book

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Now I know what you are thinking... how in the heck would a publishing company agree to publish a book from a person allegedly high up in the Trump Admin (*cough* Mike Pence)... anonymously. When the original Op-Ed came out, it seemed kind of fair to publish anonymously. It seemed plausible that this sort of dissent existed. Granted, the NYT Op-Ed board isn't exactly batting 1.000 at this point either though. So there is always a sort of doubt that persists.

Now to publish a book?! This person's identity (and motives?) seem questionable. They allege defending the nation, but people who are defending the nation don't publish books, they report this information, they submit whistleblower complaints (Ukraine), they leak to the press (Snowden). Additionally, how many senior people in the administration are left since the Op-Ed (*cough* Mike Pence) was published?

On the publisher's side, it seems extremely disingenuous to allow publication like this anonymously. The source is allegedly high up in the Executive Branch, the accusations are substantial, and if things are this bad, they require action, not selling books. In fact, the alleged identity of the author(s) is pretty much the sole reason for believing what they are claiming.

Which then ponders the other half of the equation. Is this a false flag op? That'd seem very crazy to suggest, but crazy be in the White House.

I am not cool with this sort of manner of putting forth allegedly revelations with this magnitude of alleged importance... anonymously... in a book. These aren't things to gawk at, like George W. Bush's never ending streams of poorly worded statements.

I know. A lot of Democrats are criticizing the book because the author is anonymous. It sort of reminds me of Romney's use of a fake name on a twitter account, he used to bash the president. When are some of these people gonna grow a pair! Then you have all the Republican Senators who are saying in private that they want Trump removed from office, but they aren't willing to say so publicly. Maybe, just maybe, their constituents would respect them for having the courage to say or do what is necessary. Their love of power over what's good for the country is very disturbing. I guess we should have had term limits when that idea was being seriously pushed back in the 90s. I doubt the founders ever considered that Congressional members and SCOTUS justices would stay in place, sometimes into their 90s. At least we have term limits for presidents.

Maybe, just maybe, their constituents would respect them for having the courage to say or do what is necessary.
Yeah, maybe. But if so, they're the quiet ones.
No one's threatening to go buy an AR15 in order to force an impeachment conviction....

Back
Top Bottom