• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Anyone into natto?

Treedbear

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
secular, humanist, agnostic on theism/atheism
Anyone ever try natto? It's a gooey, funky smelling fermented soy bean concoction that the Japanese have been making for centuries. I think there's a small factory in Brooklyn, NY that makes it and I might be able to pick up a jar locally. Not cheap, but if I like it there might be a way to make it at home. I can't eat cheese due to cholesterol issues and I miss having some funk in my life.

Here's a video about it.
[video]https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/video/2054089/[/video]
(Available until May 15, 2022)

Lots of nibbles but no bites. Maybe if I add that I've been addicted to kimchi for the past two months. Mostly spicy and sour. Not too funky though. Maybe I should have let it sit out on the counter awhile. But I like the texture and I find it makes a nice snack before I turn in. I've been eating about 1/4 pound every night. Somehow it's very satisfying. But now I see where maybe it's not so good for you. South Koreans have an alarmingly high rate of stomach cancer that they say might be due to the hot pepper mixed with the high salt content. So I crossed it off my snack list. Back to very plain old no-salt, no-butter popcorn.

Back
Top Bottom