• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Apologies to Fred Saberhagen

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
(I'm not really sure where to put this)

The one thing I couldn't accept from the Berzerker novels was goodlife. It just didn't make sense.

Last night I realize the QOP is goodlife.

The one thing I couldn't accept from the Berzerker novels was goodlife. It just didn't make sense.

Could you be a bit more informative and express an opinion?

I have no idea what you're posting about.
Feel free to educate me.
Tom

Apparently Berzerkers are a self replicating artificial life form descended from ancient alien war machines who are dedicated to eliminating all biological life in the galaxy. They do make a distinction between some life forms though. Some life forms actively aid the berzerkers in their endeavors and so they are given the title "goodlife." All others are "badlife."

It is counterintuitive to imagine a group of people who would work actively against their own self interests, but reality shows that these people are in no short supply.

Could you be a bit more informative and express an opinion?

I have no idea what you're posting about.
Feel free to educate me.
Tom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserker_(novel_series)

Zorq summed it up but if you haven't read the books I don't think you'll really get it.

Back
Top Bottom