• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Applied logic

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
If anyone is wondering if logic has applications,..

The Quine-Mccluskey method is an important algorithm in reducing the number of logic gates in digital logic.

You write a general set of logic equations defining inputs and outputs, and apply the method to minimize the expression.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quine–McCluskey_algorithm

I'm a chip designer and software engineer. My whole career is founded on Boolean logic - QM is a bit old hat now, but still valid. Same for Karnaugh Maps.
Most optimization is now done by very sophisticated synthesis and optimization software, but the foundations still apply.

I'm a chip designer and software engineer. My whole career is founded on Boolean logic - QM is a bit old hat now, but still valid. Same for Karnaugh Maps.
Most optimization is now done by very sophisticated synthesis and optimization software, but the foundations still apply.

Small world.

I suppose it has been superseded by newer algorithms. I've worked with FPGAs. The tools take equations or schematics and fit it into the chip. All]s it has to do is fit and be fast enough. On smaller PLD/PLAs people can still do their own minimization.

I worked at Intel in the 80s albeit as a reliability engineer.

I was never a chip designer.One of my last projects in recent years was debugging, modifying, and simulating an ASIC Mixed digital analog cmos used to control an rgb laser projector. Didn't really do gate level design, we had a foundry library.

Back
Top Bottom