• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Are Democrats Providing Us with This Elections Akins and Mourbanks Muttonheads?

maxparrish

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Libertarian-Conservative, Agnostic.
While the Republicans lack a hair trigger hysterical identity issue group to turn elections, this year seems to have produced a windfall of Democrats lacking an understanding of the sensibility the average voter (but providing lots of entertainment). First up in this thread is THE WORST Democratic candidate in recent memory, Wendy Davis.

Wendy Davis, running for Governor of Texas was once touted as the next Liz Warren. As a State legislator she led a 13 hour filibuster against a strict Texas abortion law and Texas feminists and liberals saw a blonde star in the making, a Great White Woman Hope and a viable opponent to Greg Abbott. Most concede that she looks more like the burning wreckage of a B52 brought down in Hanoi.

A year ago her campaign started with the usual "woman starting as a single trailer park mother, victim of husband, pulling herself up by her own bootstraps to attend Harvard to become well heeled and successful..." yada yada. That theme quickly crashed when Texas papers investigated her background. Turns out that as a teen mother she lived only a few months in a trailer, married a wealthy older man who paid for her Harvard education, who she then left on the day he paid it off. Finding the children inconvenient when she would be busy building a career, she gave up custody to her ex. In the meantime her ex not only raised his own daughter, but another girl abandoned by her mother and father, as well.

Then came Bristol Palin, a critic not worth the time to reply to, who quipped that Wendy Davis's read like a fictional Made-for-TV Movie. Davis unwisely took the bait and got into an extended public spat with the girl.

Getting desperate, Davis then alienated supporters by declaring herself for "open carry" and having an awkward Dukakis-in-a-tank moment with a shotgun.

But it got worse. Davis earned the nickname "Abortion Barbie" when she flip-flopped more than once on late-term abortions, reminding voters of her cluelessness over the Gosnell abortion shop of horrors, and when she had been fighting against surgical standards for abortions. Even Kristen Powers thought her "incredible. After all, Davis is the state senator who held an 11-hour filibuster to fight legislation drafted in response to the abuses at Gosnell’s clinic. A passing knowledge of the case seems like basic due diligence."

Then, she tried to link then Supreme Court Justice Greg Abbott's dissent, to supporting a Kirby vacuum salesman's rape. Even in Texas the gutter politics only backfired.

And then she got into a nasty spat over Abbott's legal opinions as hypocritical for a guy who is in a wheelchair, requiring her to stage a bunch of folks in wheelchairs to defend her.

Today Wendy Davis has cratered, 16 points behind Greg Abbot.

And PS - Cant she get than giant face wart removed?

Corporations are rapidly making the planet uninhabitable, with the help of the government.

The US has been at continual war by choice for the last 13 years with no end in sight.

All increases in wealth have gone to a tiny fraction of the population for the last 40 years.

And we are supposed to give a shit about manufactured images of candidates from the insane asylum called Texas?

When exactly do we have grown up elections in this country?

Corporations are rapidly making the planet uninhabitable, with the help of the government.

The US has been at continual war by choice for the last 13 years with no end in sight.

All increases in wealth have gone to a tiny fraction of the population for the last 40 years.

And we are supposed to give a shit about manufactured images of candidates from the insane asylum called Texas?

When exactly do we have grown up elections in this country?

Your LAST COMMENT. THAT IS THE QUESTION. What Max is missing is any connection to significant facts in our economy and our government. Democracy works, but only with people with a will for it to work. We currently have most people in our country reduced to mere onlookers in major policy decisions in our government. Abortion is NOT A MAJOR ISSUE. Homosexuality and godlessness is not a major issue. Wendy's wart is nowhere near as serious a flaw as whatever has been keeping max from a healthy view of our reality...a nation of spoiled brats who simply cannot do without their I Phones, sports cars, and the latest petroleum powered toys. We are in a time of crisis and have been for so long. At some point, it seemed to me that we could by degree mature as a society. I am now having my doubts it will ever happen, let alone in my lifetime. I am a fan of Neil Young. He made it a point of explaining to Charley Rose that if you are not doing whatever you are doing out of love, then you simply better stop. Charley looked puzzled. Guess Charley is so busy with other things, he simply doesn't have time to feel love and is cynical anything so naïve as that could ever suffice as motivation. Max: Take a little time out of your nervous life and try to find something to love, even if it is a dog or your kids. I mean really love.

That giant facial wart has removed itself. Which is why Wendy Davis and Greg Abbot are running to replace it as governor.

Back
Top Bottom