• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Big J and Cap G

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
Found criticism of a bible translation.

Screenshot_20200828-115542.png

But it's not The Bible.
It's a devotional. The whole point is NOT to try to speak as kids actually do today.
The goal is actually to try to get people to read the weird, ask themselves, "The fuq i just read?" Then the actual text is provided. This hopefully leads to a curious investigation of the Lord's message.

So, it is not 'Barbara Billingsley renders the Jive Bible for cool cats and playas.' It's more the Barker trying to get you into the sideshow tent, where you find that it's a tent revival. No two-headed pigs, no three-breasted strippers, and certainly no verses about anyone with lovers hung like mules.

Looks like an interesting idea, but i would rather see The Brick Testament for displaying what the Elizabeth translators are talking about.

20200828_120646.png

Attachments

• OitTknF.png
    OitTknF.png
    497.4 KB · Views: 1
I love the Brick Testament. I’s hilariously, authentically, scripture. I bought one for my kids to look up references when they felt like it. They loved it.

Onan Gets Crunk and Skeets, Then Gets Done In

Judah go: Onan, git on yo bro's bizzle and take her to the candy shop til she up the duff with kids for yo bro.
But Onan din want no kids cep his own, so he gets to the byatch and pulls it out and spanks it til the skeet go all over the floor.
Cap G be watchin and aks: What the dilly yo?! and damn he waste Onan on the spot. That's COLD.

Back
Top Bottom