• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Can someone explain to me why this video is offensive?

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
The Great Reset explained. This video got over 1 million views before it was shut down on youtube. After an appeal it was brought back up and received 700k views since. As far as I can tell it is just mostly documented footage with some editorial opinions added. I do not see how it is offensive to anyone. But I have noticed many on this board find political issues sometimes offensive that I dont. So perhaps someone may enlighten myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNsW4ssOBxU

I think that the truth is that we on this planet are at a serious breaking point regarding REAL not DIGITAL human defined resources. As defined from the the 1972 Club of Rome publication "Limits to Growth".

These people in the W.E.F. surely know this.

However there is a strain of "every man for himself" that they are trying to stop in the human herd they are on top of. What they really want to avoid is every nation or ethnic group for themselves as in ecofascism.

This clip from 13:45-15:19 says it best.

Now he is right that John Michael Greer is being picked up by ecofascists who also call themselves collapsologists

https://twitter.com/McBricko/status/1192630669521932293
notice the borzoi dog from a WN ecofascist (also think climate change is manmade and serious) called Borzoi who was at Charlottesville. He was pushing the #graphtwitter hashtag pretty effectively for a while that was calling back to Limits To Growth before being IP banned by Twitter. He was posting graphs like this all the time along with extolling western culture and literature:

ErAzMpEXMAAZvwo.jpeg

So, leftwing people caring about resources is not scary to WEF. But rightwing people noticing it is scary because they think that once they get past their normal denial (righties are often cornucopian idiots) something in the genocide toolbox will be reached for before redistribution.

Anyway, this is the elephant in the room that should be pointed out before a real conversation can happen in my opinion.

The Great Reset explained. This video got over 1 million views before it was shut down on youtube. After an appeal it was brought back up and received 700k views since. As far as I can tell it is just mostly documented footage with some editorial opinions added. I do not see how it is offensive to anyone. But I have noticed many on this board find political issues sometimes offensive that I dont. So perhaps someone may enlighten myself.

You expect people here to watch a 30 minute video with almost no explanation of its content.

Reminds me of a certain Aerosmith song.

I am also very curious why it was taken down. Near the beginning there is a very brief scene — totally unrelated to anything else — of a newscaster frightened by an earthquake. Could that be inappropriate for skittish viewers? Or an invasion of the newscaster's privacy?

The video itself was somewhat interesting: I'd never heard of the "Great Reset." But the narrator is confused about finance. He claims that IMF and World Bank are private organizations rather than governmental. Wrong. He doesn't like fiat currency but isn't sure whether gold or blockchain is the solution! But if spouting nonsense about the world's financial system is a fault, there are many hundreds of YouTubes far more guilty.

I am not going to warch just any 30 min trash on youtube at your request without you providing a good reason to. (It is proper netiquette to include a brief description of the content of the video that you want to start a discussion on) That said, youtube will pull a video instantly if they get a copywrite complaint. Sometimes youtube doesn't even investigate the complainrt until an appeal is filed. Maybe one of the people or musicians featured in the video saw it and objected. Maybe an asshole basement troll filed a false complaint. My point: Political snowflakes aren't always the culpret.

I am also very curious why it was taken down. Near the beginning there is a very brief scene — totally unrelated to anything else — of a newscaster frightened by an earthquake. Could that be inappropriate for skittish viewers? Or an invasion of the newscaster's privacy?

The video itself was somewhat interesting: I'd never heard of the "Great Reset." But the narrator is confused about finance. He claims that IMF and World Bank are private organizations rather than governmental. Wrong. He doesn't like fiat currency but isn't sure whether gold or blockchain is the solution! But if spouting nonsense about the world's financial system is a fault, there are many hundreds of YouTubes far more guilty.

I just watched the first couple minutes. Lots of imagery of warfare, bombs going off, etc. It seems pretty clear that there were people being killed by those bombs and rockets. I'd bet money that was the reason it was taken down. If what you say is what the subject of the video is about, the violent imagery doesn't seem appropriate nor referenced.

I tried watching it. It starts with footage from WW2, then local news anchors at the beginning of an earthquake, followed by either a landslide or the result of an earthquake, and then followed by a dollar bill set on fire. At that point, it looked pretty much like something a kooky conspiracy theorist would make, so I stopped watching.

I tried watching it. It starts with footage from WW2, then local news anchors at the beginning of an earthquake, followed by either a landslide or the result of an earthquake, and then followed by a dollar bill set on fire. At that point, it looked pretty much like something a kooky conspiracy theorist would make, so I stopped watching.

It strikes me up to that point an attempt to influence mere feelings and opinions rather than an appeal to THINK. It is the equivocation of feeling with thinking.

I think I would have been capable of this level of reproachable screed maybe... 19-21? Somewhere in there.

Shame neither the producer nor the viewers apparently got past teenage neoteny.

"Here watch this 30 minute YouTube video!" Lol.

It's offensive because we know you're trying to bullshit us with conspiracy theory nonsense. You're insulting our intelligence.

I'm also struggling to make it through the video. I have little against it so far, but it's not well organized. It just sort of drifts from clip to clip without offering much in the way of context or explanation of the significance. For instance, the first few clips (after he does his intro) seem to just be establishing that 'the great reset' is a term (notable) people are using. That said, it's possible I am just not the target audience. I wasn't searching for a layperson's primer on this material.

As for why it was taken down and subsequently put back up with a warning for inappropriate or offensive content? I have two suspicions:

i) One of his wall-mounted shelving units looks like it isn't level--like it's sagging forward--and it's super aggravating. Maybe it's just perspective distortion, or maybe it's just me? Either way: How. Dare. He.

ii) There is some graphic content of conflicts in the video. At one point it shows clips from several protests including a man on the ground with his face bloodied. This may have run afoul of YouTube's graphic content policies. https://youtu.be/eNsW4ssOBxU?t=509

Footage, audio, or imagery involving road accidents, natural disasters, war aftermath, terrorist attack aftermath, street fights, physical attacks, sexual assaults, immolation, torture, corpses, protests or riots, robberies, medical procedures, or other such scenarios with the intent to shock or disgust viewers.

(source: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2802008)

With regard to the underlined, I don't think that is actually true of this video. I believe he was trying to illustrate his point rather than shock or disgust. The violence was relatively mild, though footage of real life events is always more disconcerting than, let's say, an action scene from a fictional movie. But my general impression of social media moderation is that is expeditiously incompetent. With such high volume, if there are complaints, issues detected by content filters, dmca accusations, they often react quickly. Legitimate content is often removed because the person or system removing it doesn't scrutinize the complaint that closely until, perhaps, the content creator asks for a review.

Maybe the guy reported his own video to create some notoriety. That's a completely speculative and unfounded theory, Rvonse, so you automatically have to believe it.

Maybe the guy reported his own video to create some notoriety. That's a completely speculative and unfounded theory, Rvonse, so you automatically have to believe it.

I'll ask one of the mods to delete this, then reinstate the post with a disclaimer so we know your post was taken down for having gotten too close to the truth.
Ah, shit. I guess posting this openly in the forum kinda ruins it.

Back
Top Bottom