• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Chicago

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
So, doing a rapid Chicago trip with my daughter. I wanted to see if anyone had any local advice regarding the buses. I want to get to Adler then Navy Pier then Millenium Park, so the L from where we are staying in the loop to get to Adler, then 29 and back into the loop via 124. I'm assuming masks are a thing on transit still.

Just to confirm details, the 29 is a solid option for getting to the Navy Pier from Roosevelt (well, Roosevelt at State). The 124 also works at getting back into the loop, or a quick hop to get to the Riverwalk. Just managed to squeeze a 24-hr day pass into "two" days.

Sounds like you got it handled. I'm out in the 'burbs, and haven't trouped around with the city buses in several decades, so am not any help. I'd be going online and figuring it out just like (I assume) you did.

Your itinerary sounds good; have fun!!! :D

Thanks. We did. The info from the CTA's site was solid. Being able to get from Roosevelt to the Navy Pier via the bus saved a lot of time. The L only gets one to Millenium Park, and the Red Line parks one out several blocks. No issue with walking, we walked from Wildberry to Adler (day started wicked early, which wasn't bad, but we needed to kill time because nothing was going to be open) but Saturday had some hairy weather coming, and my daughter was going to want to do the Ferris Wheel at the Pier. Then we were able to get to the Riverwalk (124), though it took the 124 a bit of time to show up.

I think we managed to get a near full 24-hr use on our day pass too.

Back
Top Bottom