• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Cigarettes are out at CVS

I made that observation when at CVS years ago to the cashier... that it seemed odd that a place that sold drugs to help people also sold products that were quite harmful. Cashier didn't seem to understand the irony.

CVS’ announcement to stop selling tobacco products fully a month early sends a resounding message to the entire retail industry and to its customers that pharmacies should not be in the business of selling tobacco,” Matthew Myers, president of the Washington-based Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, told USA Today. “This is truly an example of a corporation leading and setting a new standard.”
Okay.
Now, are you still selling diet aids AND candy bars, sodas, junk food?
If so, you're not really in a position to be all that pompous towards the other chains.

And just when we thought smoking was slowly dying out Hookah smoking emerges and everyone is doing it.

CVS’ announcement to stop selling tobacco products fully a month early sends a resounding message to the entire retail industry and to its customers that pharmacies should not be in the business of selling tobacco,” Matthew Myers, president of the Washington-based Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, told USA Today. “This is truly an example of a corporation leading and setting a new standard.”
Only took a few decades, but I suppose they can ignore that part of it and make with some bravado. The 80s... 90s... 00s... to the mid 10s... and they were still having no trouble selling them.

If there were a CVS in my town, I would now shop there over the other establishments. Good for them.

Let's not forget the labor that goes into daily inventories, carding and compliance for these products. This might be motivated by the free market.

I think they are relocating their corporate headquarters overseas to cover the loss in profits... not sure now is the best time to be offshoring all those jobs.

Back
Top Bottom