• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Cruz v. The Turtle

Nice Squirrel

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Only the Nice Squirrel can save us.
If the Senate flips tomorrow, Ted Cruz has vowed to take revenge on Mitch McConnell.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/03/politics/ted-cruz-harry-reid/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

CNN said:
In an interview with The Washington Post published Sunday, Cruz refused to pledge his support to McConnell, the current minority leader in the Senate, and outlined what he believes should be the chamber's priorities.

While Cruz has campaigned for many mainstream Republican candidates this year, his new comments indicate he's aiming to re-claim the mantle of Republican insurgent, a role that helped define his first year in the Senate in 2013.

The first priority next year, he told the Post, should be a string of hearings on President Barack Obama, "looking at the abuse of power, the executive abuse, the regulatory abuse, the lawlessness that sadly has pervaded this administration."

He also hopes a Republican Senate will "pursue every means possible to repeal Obamacare," just as the GOP-controlled House has tried more than 50 times to dismantle the health care law.

That's good. If you're going to avoid doing your job so that you can instead just engage in ineffective wastes of time so that you can cater to your base for the next election, it's best to not be half-assed about it and pretend to actually be trying to govern or some shit like that. Just go all-in on the crazy and fuck everything else.

While I think losing the Senate, did the Dems really ever control the Senate?, will be bad, I do have a morbid curiosity to see when all of a sudden, a Democrat threatening a filibuster will be viewed as treason.

While I think losing the Senate, did the Dems really ever control the Senate?, will be bad, I do have a morbid curiosity to see when all of a sudden, a Democrat threatening a filibuster will be viewed as treason.

Well, that would be because it's now time to put this kind of partisan gamemanship behind them and move forward to do a responsible job governing the country as the people elected them to do.

If the GOP doesn't get control, that time would be two years from now instead.

This + 1

Back
Top Bottom