• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

DeSantis-Newsom Debate -- do we need this?

Is the Newsom-DeSantis debate good for the country?

• Yes, and Sean Hannity should be commended for doing this.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No, and Sean Hannity deserves no credit for doing this.

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Whereas honesty = Do more and better debates.
Do tell how to have better debates.
How about a debate (Left vs. Right) sponsored by MSNBC, or by Thom Hartmann. No? Oh, you think Left-wingers/Progressives couldn't figure it out? couldn't do it better than Hannity/Fox?

Or how about this website. Why couldn't iidb arrange debates and try to find a network to broadcast them?

So, "Do tell how to have better debates" really means: We must not have Red vs. Blue debates, because it would cause too many Blue disciples to wander away from the fold. On both sides it would undermine the faith of the devotees both Red and Blue -- they'd start asking too many questions and doubting their pundits. Can't have that. More healthy for society is having more speeches, more monologues, more mass rallies for demagogues (Trump, Sanders, etc.). For us to follow our leaders takes highest priority, to be mesmerized and inspired by their charisma. This is why the DeSantis - Newsom debate was dangerous, and the example set by Hannity is unhealthy for us.
The “debates “ are lousy because the candidates are not interested in discussing the issues. There is nothing in your word salads that addresses how to get meaningful responses from the candidates.

The “debates “ are lousy because the candidates are not interested in discussing the issues. There is nothing in your word salads that addresses how to get meaningful responses from the candidates.
Yup. People are more interested in zingers and insults than true debate on the issues.

I would say one step would be to require the debate to be in writing. One-liners and zingers don’t work very well in a written debate.

Perhaps it's time to consider a 'Political Jeopardy' series. In this format, politicians would be presented with key issues, and they must formulate the appropriate questions. Rather than scoring points, they would provide answers to the answers of the questions, aiming to win over voters with their responses.

That's positive news. In addition to that, he won't be eligible to run for Governor in 2026 due to term limits. What would be even more ideal is if Florida had a terrain feature like the Hot Gates in Greece, where we could Spartan kick his sorry ass over the edge.

Edit: I'm Joking of course. I don't wish to cause my Governor physical harm. Metaphorical harm? That's a different story.

Back
Top Bottom