• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Do they really think the law doesn't matter?

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

Showing a gun in a hostile manner is brandishing. Felony. Why is this guy not in jail?

Maybe they don't believe in justice:

Yeah, I guess they think the law doesn't matter.

Ooh, I've seen this up close.

A few years back when I started my current job, one of the guys I got stuck riding with had anger management issues to put it mildly. He was also armed. Now, that's not a problem depending on the person. My trainer carried a gun in her car, because she lived in a bad neighborhood and (the nature of our job was spending all day in a car with someone getting to know them) I knew she was a responsible gun owner. This guy was not. One day he regaled me with a tale of something that happened to him over the previous weekend. Someone had cut him off in traffic, and when he flipped them off the other driver gave the "finger pistols" gesture in return. My idiot co-worker said "and that's when I showed him my real pistol."

Dude brandished his firearm on the freeway. Even here in AZ, that's a crime.

I was telling this to our manager, and that's when she pulled out a legal pad and started taking notes. Long story short, angry dude was fired a short time later after a few other incidents, and his photo was handed out to security with the instruction that "if you see him anywhere near the building, call the police."

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Showing a gun in a hostile manner is brandishing. Felony. Why is this guy not in jail?

Maybe they don't believe in justice:

Yeah, I guess they think the law doesn't matter.
Well, seeing as Hawaii just ignored the Supreme Court in their recent 2a ruling, I think this will get forced to a head sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom